Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 272   Go Down
Author Topic: Official SaberForum Galaxy of Heroes Thread  (Read 653830 times)
Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #1620 on: February 11, 2017, 08:54:15 PM »

I think in your case that Lobot would be a decent alternative. Give it a go and see.

Signature banner by DarthScrub

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 150

For the Light of the Republic! (LS Points Please)

« Reply #1621 on: February 11, 2017, 10:47:41 PM »

Question: Given that I don't have a Jawa Engineer yet, is Lobot worth running with Droids?  My current droids are HK, 88, 86, 100, and Grevious.  Obviously I want to get an Engineer and B2, but until then put in Lobot or stick with all Droids? 

Lobot isn't one you see much.  Certainly an interesting one.  Nobody in my guild has him that I know of.  I would keep him and test out dumping either Magna or Grevious.  From all accounts I've heard, Magna is nearly worthless and I've seen him to mostly be so.

Obviously Lobot won't benefit from HK's leader ability, but then neither does JE.  At least with Lobot you could heal your droids if they get hit with a spread of debuffs like against Vader or Sid or some such.  Also, with all the droids he'll speed up, which will help out more.

Saber Armory:
Archon v2.1 w/sound - CG/FoC/AS
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -480

« Reply #1622 on: February 11, 2017, 10:59:21 PM »

Um. . .

Should I be glad Palpatine isn't another Rebel, or scared that he's fully maxed?

So I was having a bad day, and I decided to come play a GW cause those are easy. Needless to say, I had no chance at all against this team. My first GW loss in a loooonnng time. Why did it have to be today? Angry

EDIT: on a happier note, I somehow managed this just now:

Anyone else here get this low (high?) yet? The secret is Scimitar's amazing "Slip Through" ability. If everything goes according to plan, I use JC's starfighter' assist attack and call Biggs, who does a ton of damage and most importantly gets the bonus protection. Then Scimitar goes and stealths everyone but Biggs and gives him the counter attack. Then I have a near invincible ship with really high damage countering every enemy attack. Bye bye enemies.

Vivectius
Dark Liberator of Lost Posts
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -719

I always feel like he’s judging my posts.

« Reply #1623 on: February 12, 2017, 12:36:46 AM »

Anyone else here get this low (high?) yet? The secret is Scimitar's amazing "Slip Through" ability. If everything goes according to plan, I use JC's starfighter' assist attack and call Biggs, who does a ton of damage and most importantly gets the bonus protection. Then Scimitar goes and stealths everyone but Biggs and gives him the counter attack. Then I have a near invincible ship with really high damage countering every enemy attack. Bye bye enemies.

Best I've ever gotten is 3rd, though that was in the first couple of weeks after ships came out, and I managed to hold it for several days.  Since I don't spend money on the game, I've slipped a bit in rankings, though I've never been worse than 46th.  I try to stay in the 30's at this point.

You only live once. Wrong.
You only die once.  You live every moment of your life.
The question is, are you alive, and living your life? Or just here, and watching your life go by?
------------------------------------------------------------------
I am the bone of my sword
 Steel is my body and fire is my blood
 I have created over a thousand blades
 Unknown to death
 Nor known to life
 Have withstood pain to create many weapons
 Yet those hands will never hold anything
 So, as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works.

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #1624 on: February 12, 2017, 12:55:31 AM »

Best I've ever gotten is 3rd, though that was in the first couple of weeks after ships came out, and I managed to hold it for several days.  Since I don't spend money on the game, I've slipped a bit in rankings, though I've never been worse than 46th.  I try to stay in the 30's at this point.

Apparently you guys are in different difficulty brackets or different servers.  I was able to break the top 100 in the early stages of ships, but now it's all I can do to stay in the top 200.  Competition on my server is a lot more fierce.  I'm wondering if you will see different opponents and lose rank as you keep leveling up.

Saber Armory:
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #1625 on: February 12, 2017, 01:53:47 AM »

Nice! I wasn't level 60 when Ships came out, but when I unlocked them I sure climbed fast!

Apparently you guys are in different difficulty brackets or different servers.  I was able to break the top 100 in the early stages of ships, but now it's all I can do to stay in the top 200.  Competition on my server is a lot more fierce.  I'm wondering if you will see different opponents and lose rank as you keep leveling up.

I can't do anything in regular Arena though. I'm super frustrated with it.

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #1626 on: February 12, 2017, 06:53:08 AM »

So, I just cleaned out an inactive person off my Ally list and through a web form application, got a temporary ally added to my list who possesses General Kenobi.

Two words: Hoooooooly Shiiiiiiit

He is every bit the badass that you can imagine, and this one was only 6*.  I had QGJ as my leader as usual so everybody was moving quite speedy.  Man, when GK uses his ability that puts retribution on everybody, woe be unto the unlucky SOB that uses an AOE.  As such, there are several guys that do that on LS Hard 9A.  Result, all 6 members of your squad race forward and lay DEATH upon he who would dare to disturb my group.

I managed to 3* the level, which means I can now Sim farm it.  Not that I'd want to, I already have FO Trooper at 7*.  However when that ally is off cooldown I plan to lay the same furious vengeance on 9B, thustly I will then be able to farm Shoretrooper.   Cheesy

On a different note, though somewhat related, I faced a group in PvP tonight that also had QGJ as leader, but this person had him Zeta'ed.  Let me tell you, THAT was annoying.  I did still manage to beat him however, despite the fact that I have no Zeta toons yet.  However now I am considering doing Zeta Barriss, then Yoda, then QGJ, and then throwing them all in the same squad.

Saber Armory:
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #1627 on: February 12, 2017, 07:09:31 PM »

@Krace, awesome! As for your zeta's, they should only take a few months to get them all. Roll Eyes

-----

So, that team in the middle. Looks like a pretty good team cause of the high Gear level. Not so. I ran EP(L), Vader, RG, Maul, and Lando. I only lost RG. Still working on how. Is he an idiot to lead with Mace?

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #1628 on: February 12, 2017, 07:25:47 PM »

Playing that since release, I would NEVER recommend it to anyone. When it came out, yes - I actually loved it. But now....no, no, don't even think about starting when you don't plan to invest all your money you have! You'll become frustrated faster than you can say "Star Wars" as a F2P. No chance to craft and collect Gear and Shards/Chars in a reasonable period of time.

This is my opinion. If that doesn't comply to forum rules (rage posting etc.), feel free to either modify or delete it.

Btw: I'll stop playing after Feb 28. It hurts, but this is not the game I loved playing for 1 1/2 years anymore. And I certainly don't want to get a heart attack just because of a stupid game that takes away all the fun in its current state.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Grey Owl
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 81

We don't like Star Wars, we live for Star Wars.

« Reply #1629 on: February 12, 2017, 09:39:19 PM »

Playing that since release, I would NEVER recommend it to anyone. When it came out, yes - I actually loved it. But now....no, no, don't even think about starting when you don't plan to invest all your money you have! You'll become frustrated faster than you can say "Star Wars" as a F2P. No chance to craft and collect Gear and Shards/Chars in a reasonable period of time.

This is my opinion. If that doesn't comply to forum rules (rage posting etc.), feel free to either modify or delete it.

Btw: I'll stop playing after Feb 28. It hurts, but this is not the game I loved playing for 1 1/2 years anymore. And I certainly don't want to get a heart attack just because of a stupid game that takes away all the fun in its current state.
The developers have seen this and they are currently devising a plan to fix the issue, just a little while longer and there will be more F2P options. I'm already seeing it.

Dark sentinel LE(blazing red)

Landen Se-Sentien
Knight Commander

« Reply #1630 on: February 12, 2017, 10:15:40 PM »

The developers have seen this and they are currently devising a plan to fix the issue, just a little while longer and there will be more F2P options. I'm already seeing it.

Like what? Do explain, please. Now that I've got some toons in the 8ps, I'm incredibly disheartened about the road to zetas.

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #1631 on: February 12, 2017, 10:16:58 PM »

So I needed one more shard to promote RG to 6*. Normally the two battles I have to farm him give me 2-3 shards. I haven't gotten 0 in ages. So how many did I get today? Yup, you guessed it. Angry

But luckily the one shard I get for completing GW 12 turned out to be RG, so I'm happy now. Cheesy

Landen Se-Sentien
Knight Commander

« Reply #1632 on: February 12, 2017, 10:38:25 PM »

If you ask me, they should start by having every piece of gear and every non-raid character farmable in different levels of the game. It's insane that some can only be gained through specific raids. Also, how about having gear that is useful in the gear challenges? I have hundreds upon hundreds of some that I've never even used.

And, put a stop to new levels of upgrades. Could you imagine how much easier and more fun if would be if they didn't introduce zetas? I'm fine with the max player level being increased, the ability levels being increased, etc., but we shouldn't need new gear to get it.

Grey Owl
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 81

We don't like Star Wars, we live for Star Wars.

« Reply #1633 on: February 13, 2017, 12:03:02 AM »

Like what? Do explain, please. Now that I've got some toons in the 8ps, I'm incredibly disheartened about the road to zetas.
Gear 12 is supposed to be released soon. Also there is now a schedule to get characters. 4-6 weeks after they are released they are put in chromium. 4-6 weeks later they are placed in another area becoming F2P. Also certain characters that aren't fun anymore are being reworked. There is an assault battles dedicated to ship blueprints coming out. The new event for Nihilus will also release two more to be announced and it will be like the krennic event allowing everyone to get them.

Dark sentinel LE(blazing red)

Landen Se-Sentien
Knight Commander

« Reply #1634 on: February 13, 2017, 12:20:02 AM »

Gear 12 is supposed to be released soon. Also there is now a schedule to get characters. 4-6 weeks after they are released they are put in chromium. 4-6 weeks later they are placed in another area becoming F2P. Also certain characters that aren't fun anymore are being reworked. There is an assault battles dedicated to ship blueprints coming out. The new event for Nihilus will also release two more to be announced and it will be like the krennic event allowing everyone to get them.

Thanks for the info. I think I had read that somewhere, too.

Here's the thing, though. The F2P people have to wait 3 months before even being able to get or successfully farm those characters? That doesn't really help. We just fall farther behind while those who pay buy up the crystals and packs. I'm willing to bet I encounter a near maxed out Krennic and DT in GW before I have the chance to get mine up to 4*, because the P2W players have been buying the citadel pack like it's their job.

And gear level 12? I'm also willing to bet that we'll start seeing Mk 7 gear pieces, and guess how many we'll need to get to fill a gear slot? Probably 50 of three different pieces per slot for multiple slots on multiple toons.

I'm glad they're trying to do something, but they aren't really solving the problem. I may need to have to bow out at some point, too. It shouldn't take me a month to fill a gear slot, because I need 50 Mk 5 furnace pieces, but I can't get them except through the incredible generosity of my guild. Two per day is all I can possibly get. All the meanwhile, I lose ground because of it.

Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 272   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: