Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 272   Go Down
Author Topic: Official SaberForum Galaxy of Heroes Thread  (Read 653768 times)
Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 150

For the Light of the Republic! (LS Points Please)

« Reply #2355 on: April 11, 2017, 04:02:24 PM »

I still need to mod farm. TFP is going to be a really long grind.

Yeah, I would farm the heck out of some health mods and whatever other type that uses your strongest toons, possibly Rebels, before you start to farm TFP.  I may farm him next after Scarif and Chirpa.

Saber Armory:
Archon v2.1 w/sound - CG/FoC/AS
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #2356 on: April 11, 2017, 04:07:04 PM »

I farm mods on the weekends and toons M-F. It helps with both.

Alright! All my frequently used Rebels are all up to gear 10+, so it's on yo ships and pilots to get me to zeta challenges. I'm hoping gearing up the pilots will get me there without starring them up, but I will be doing both.

Signature banner by DarthScrub

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #2357 on: April 11, 2017, 04:25:13 PM »

I farm mods on the weekends and toons M-F. It helps with both.

Alright! All my frequently used Rebels are all up to gear 10+, so it's on yo ships and pilots to get me to zeta challenges. I'm hoping gearing up the pilots will get me there without starring them up, but I will be doing both.

Just remember that your Rebels and other LS pilots are useless with getting Tarkin's ship to 5* as you can only use DS ships, and you have to get Tarkin to 5* or you can't do the Zeta challenge.  However once you do get Tarkin up then you can do the challenge with whatever ships you like, though Tarkin is still your lead ship.

Saber Armory:
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -480

« Reply #2358 on: April 11, 2017, 05:37:47 PM »

Yeah, I would farm the heck out of some health mods and whatever other type that uses your strongest toons, possibly Rebels, before you start to farm TFP.  I may farm him next after Scarif and Chirpa.

I just promoted TFP to 4* this morning (yeah, it's gonna be a loooonngg time before he's maxed), so I may as well do some mods now.

Landen Se-Sentien
Knight Commander

« Reply #2359 on: April 11, 2017, 07:45:29 PM »

Just remember that your Rebels and other LS pilots are useless with getting Tarkin's ship to 5* as you can only use DS ships, and you have to get Tarkin to 5* or you can't do the Zeta challenge.  However once you do get Tarkin up then you can do the challenge with whatever ships you like, though Tarkin is still your lead ship.

Yeah, I know. I have 5 DS ships, but they're crap. They're crap, because their pilots are crap. So, I'm working on getting Ahsoka to gear 8 to upgrade her ship one more time. She only needs one more slot, and I think her ship will be useful in the zeta challenge.

Other than that, I'm working on the 2 TIE pilots first. Then it'll be Sun Fac & Geo Soldier, and then Tarkin. Boba will also be in there as far as gear upgrades, but I just don't know where. Those are my DS ships and pilots.

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #2360 on: April 11, 2017, 08:13:26 PM »

Yeah, I know. I have 5 DS ships, but they're crap. They're crap, because their pilots are crap. So, I'm working on getting Ahsoka to gear 8 to upgrade her ship one more time. She only needs one more slot, and I think her ship will be useful in the zeta challenge.

Other than that, I'm working on the 2 TIE pilots first. Then it'll be Sun Fac & Geo Soldier, and then Tarkin. Boba will also be in there as far as gear upgrades, but I just don't know where. Those are my DS ships and pilots.

I hear ya.  They really screwed DS pretty hard with ships.  TIE Reaper, Vader's TIE, Kylo's shuttle, Geo Spy.  Either you had to buy the ships or had to do good in Tournaments, or you have to grind stuff you never wanted to.  It makes groan thinking about how much I've spent on ships.

Saber Armory:
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #2361 on: April 11, 2017, 08:36:31 PM »

See, that's why I don't put much effort in ships. Actually, it becomes more and more frustrating throughout the whole game once you make the next step - gearing up, promoting, levelling, modding....all this leads to a way too unbalanced increase of difficulties in all parts of it. Both PvPs (I managed to get one victory out of 5 PvP and 2 Ship PvP attempts today, which hasn't happened since I play GoH), Cantina, DS and LS Battles and GW. It's more of "black or white", there's almost no shade in between. Of course, it's always "win or lose", but IMO there aren't many tight situations anymore. No hard wins, no tight defeats. Only superior win or devastating loss...it doesn't really challenge me anymore. Last fight in PvP today was a clone team which I could defeat last week. After I promoted Savage a few days ago, the team and its strength didn't change. What happened? Right, devastating loss within a minute with exact the same team I used the last time. And no, I don't think it's been bad RNG luck...you can't be that unlucky that you always get the worst RNG. As I said, it's been throughout the whole game for quite some time now...

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #2362 on: April 11, 2017, 09:13:50 PM »

I don't find that Racona, I still get a fair share of close wins/losses.

Landen Se-Sentien
Knight Commander

« Reply #2363 on: April 11, 2017, 10:47:47 PM »

See, that's why I don't put much effort in ships. Actually, it becomes more and more frustrating throughout the whole game once you make the next step - gearing up, promoting, levelling, modding....all this leads to a way too unbalanced increase of difficulties in all parts of it. Both PvPs (I managed to get one victory out of 5 PvP and 2 Ship PvP attempts today, which hasn't happened since I play GoH), Cantina, DS and LS Battles and GW. It's more of "black or white", there's almost no shade in between. Of course, it's always "win or lose", but IMO there aren't many tight situations anymore. No hard wins, no tight defeats. Only superior win or devastating loss...it doesn't really challenge me anymore. Last fight in PvP today was a clone team which I could defeat last week. After I promoted Savage a few days ago, the team and its strength didn't change. What happened? Right, devastating loss within a minute with exact the same team I used the last time. And no, I don't think it's been bad RNG luck...you can't be that unlucky that you always get the worst RNG. As I said, it's been throughout the whole game for quite some time now...

I'm also at the point where I'm encountering a lot of zeta toons and my guild is trying to gear up for heroic tanks. Its either be content where I'm at, which would mean finding a new guild, or trying to get better. I'm too competitive sometimes.

Soul
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -115

« Reply #2364 on: April 11, 2017, 11:46:10 PM »

Ooooooooh, some very interesting changes to the game just got implemented  Shocked

Neither Sith nor Jedi, however dark side points are appropriate

My saber: Aeon LE V4 Fire Orange stunt

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #2365 on: April 12, 2017, 01:50:09 AM »

2 questions that I think we could all benefit from:

1) how much should I try to power up Phoenix squadron for the upcoming events? Purple Gear? Hopefully not as I don't plan to use them in anything else.

2) which Phoenix member should be left out? Don't know why there's 6 instead of 5, but I haven't seen the show yet.

Soul
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -115

« Reply #2366 on: April 12, 2017, 02:36:44 AM »

Possible credit heist incoming according to the magic 8-ball

So, what are people's thoughts on this insane counter team:
Gar Saxon (L), Imperial SuCo, Sith Trooper, Count Dooku, +1 (either another counter class, or a good Empire toon like Vader)

Neither Sith nor Jedi, however dark side points are appropriate

My saber: Aeon LE V4 Fire Orange stunt

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #2367 on: April 12, 2017, 03:03:32 AM »

So, what are people's thoughts on this insane counter team:
Gar Saxon (L), Imperial SuCo, Sith Trooper, Count Dooku, +1 (either another counter class, or a good Empire toon like Vader)

5th member could be Aayla.

I think with a Shore - RG combo with EP (stuns), Maul (Daze prevents counter), and a high DPS character would rip them to shreds.

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #2368 on: April 12, 2017, 03:04:18 AM »

2 questions that I think we could all benefit from:

1) how much should I try to power up Phoenix squadron for the upcoming events? Purple Gear? Hopefully not as I don't plan to use them in anything else.

2) which Phoenix member should be left out? Don't know why there's 6 instead of 5, but I haven't seen the show yet.

If you plan on using them, purple gear will be needed for higher levels.  However the events are supposed to be open, so you might not worry about it.

They are all main characters in the show, so there's 6.  Kind of like Rogue One, there's more than just 1 squad full.  I need to do more looking at abilities, but I think I would leave Zeb or Chopper out.

Hooray Credit Heist!

So I had a terrible GW 11 tonight.  Zeta Maul lead, Zeta Kylo, EP, Nihilus, and Baze.  I hadn't lost a single team up to that point.  It took every level 85 I had to kill that squad off(and that's saying something), and left me with the last squad I used to try and take on GW 12.  Needless to say I didn't make it.  I was pretty pissed at that team for being so damn OP.

On the bright side, it seems that Krennic and Death Trooper will be farmable now and Darth Vader's TIE will be in the ship shop.  Sadly it seems that the TIE Reaper, Kylo's shuttle, and the Falcon are still stuck only available in the giant 2500 crystal ship pack.

Saber Armory:
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #2369 on: April 12, 2017, 03:12:40 AM »

If you plan on using them, purple gear will be needed for higher levels.  However the events are supposed to be open, so you might not worry about it.

They are all main characters in the show, so there's 6.  Kind of like Rogue One, there's more than just 1 squad full.  I need to do more looking at abilities, but I think I would leave Zeb or Chopper out.

I was wondering about that. The message in my inbox gave the impression they were open to all toons, but I thought I heard somewhere it was a Phoenix only event. Undecided

So I had a terrible GW 11 tonight.  Zeta Maul lead, Zeta Kylo, EP, Nihilus, and Baze.  I hadn't lost a single team up to that point.  It took every level 85 I had to kill that squad off(and that's saying something), and left me with the last squad I used to try and take on GW 12.  Needless to say I didn't make it.  I was pretty pissed at that team for being so damn OP.

On the bright side, it seems that Krennic and Death Trooper will be farmable now and Darth Vader's TIE will be in the ship shop.  Sadly it seems that the TIE Reaper, Kylo's shuttle, and the Falcon are still stuck only available in the giant 2500 crystal ship pack.

I had a nasty 11 on my first run this evening too. EP (L), Vader, Maul, Boba, and TFP. I managed to beat it and the final node as well. 24 nodes down for the guild activity, fingers crossed for 36.

Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 272   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: