Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 230 231 [232] 233 234 ... 272   Go Down
Author Topic: Official SaberForum Galaxy of Heroes Thread  (Read 653716 times)
Darth Calon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -480

« Reply #3465 on: October 06, 2017, 02:51:05 AM »

Am I right in assuming that when you kill the leader, their leader ability dies with them?

No, I don’t think so.

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 150

For the Light of the Republic! (LS Points Please)

« Reply #3466 on: October 06, 2017, 02:05:19 PM »

Am I right in assuming that when you kill the leader, their leader ability dies with them?

No, I don’t think so.

That's a negative.  During a PvP fight, regular battle, etc. if there's a leader the ability persists even after death.

There are two instances that things do not persist after death.  The first is certain Zeta abilities, like Barriss', that stop working after they're defeated.  The other is in GW.  If you kill the leader, but your whole team dies and you have to go back in and fight the group again, the leader ability is then gone and there is none for the rest of the fight.

Saber Armory:
Archon v2.1 w/sound - CG/FoC/AS
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #3467 on: October 06, 2017, 04:55:56 PM »

Almost correct. In GW, depending on the chars left after losing, you may have a new leader with a new leader ability. So the old one is gone, but there can be a new one.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #3468 on: October 06, 2017, 05:22:19 PM »

Well that's annoying. I guess I don't necessarily need to kill the leader first anymore.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Racona Nova
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #3469 on: October 06, 2017, 05:39:42 PM »

Depends on the char. If it's a critical toon (Zader, for example), you want to kill him or her quickly!

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #3470 on: October 06, 2017, 05:51:46 PM »

Which is why I did say "necessarily". Vader is always a character that I try to kill first, whether he is leader or not. There are some others, but I can't think of who they are for sure right now.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #3471 on: October 06, 2017, 09:10:24 PM »

Almost correct. In GW, depending on the chars left after losing, you may have a new leader with a new leader ability. So the old one is gone, but there can be a new one.

Well that's annoying. I guess I don't necessarily need to kill the leader first anymore.

Depends on the char. If it's a critical toon (Zader, for example), you want to kill him or her quickly!

Which is why I did say "necessarily". Vader is always a character that I try to kill first, whether he is leader or not. There are some others, but I can't think of who they are for sure right now.

I'm not sure if it moves them to the leader slot or not.  The team used to shift and you'd see a toon physically move into the position where the leader always stands, now I think when you start the battle again, that slot remains empty, so I'm not 100% sure a new leader ability actually gets chosen.

Also, Vader I often leave until 3rd or 4th kill because I have Jedi with plenty of Foresight and Tenacity, but that's just me.

Saber Armory:
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #3472 on: October 07, 2017, 03:08:57 AM »

I am loving these new fleet rewards so much. One of my favourite additions ever. 400 extra crystals everyday is nothing small. Now I make around 600 daily. It’s going to be so helpful.

And I’m possibly more excited for this Thrawn event than anything else so far in the game. I’ve got plans.

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #3473 on: October 07, 2017, 03:43:57 AM »

I am loving these new fleet rewards so much. One of my favourite additions ever. 400 extra crystals everyday is nothing small. Now I make around 600 daily. It’s going to be so helpful.

And I’m possibly more excited for this Thrawn event than anything else so far in the game. I’ve got plans.

Personally I think they should have extended the crystal rewards to like rank 50 or so.  I can't ever make higher than 30's or 40's and sometimes get knocked down a good bit.  Combined with I now can't even get into top 100 anymore in PvP, I'm rather mad about my lack of daily crystals.

I'm looking forward to finally getting Thrawn to 7* so I can use him in Heroic AAT.  That and I'm curious to see how good his new ship is.  Fighting against it today in the Ackbar event was kinda tough, that special attack is pretty wicked.

Speaking of that special event, wasn't too bad, except for the BS that Slave 1 could use his AOE pulse right off the bat which hurt a lot.  Also it's utter crap that you only get 15 blueprints.  If this is a once monthly event it'll take 7 damn months to finish the capitol ships to 7*.  I do love the rewards from it, but I think that maybe they should have just made it another Tier to the challenges in ships.

As for plans, this is what I'll be shooting for:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BU9zfSJrC7E&feature=em-subs_digest-vrecs

Saber Armory:
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #3474 on: October 07, 2017, 04:04:03 AM »

Personally I think they should have extended the crystal rewards to like rank 50 or so.  I can't ever make higher than 30's or 40's and sometimes get knocked down a good bit.  Combined with I now can't even get into top 100 anymore in PvP, I'm rather mad about my lack of daily crystals.

I'm looking forward to finally getting Thrawn to 7* so I can use him in Heroic AAT.  That and I'm curious to see how good his new ship is.  Fighting against it today in the Ackbar event was kinda tough, that special attack is pretty wicked.

Speaking of that special event, wasn't too bad, except for the BS that Slave 1 could use his AOE pulse right off the bat which hurt a lot.  Also it's utter crap that you only get 15 blueprints.  If this is a once monthly event it'll take 7 damn months to finish the capitol ships to 7*.  I do love the rewards from it, but I think that maybe they should have just made it another Tier to the challenges in ships.

As for plans, this is what I'll be shooting for:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BU9zfSJrC7E&feature=em-subs_digest-vrecs

I am so happy and grateful that I can get #1 in ships almost everyday, and way more so now.

Heroic AAT is the main reason I want Thrawn 7* too. My personal best for damage is currently 6.4M, and I’m looking for some big increases from both Thrawn and I almost have R2 ready to run with rebels too. How are you doing in hAAT?

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #3475 on: October 07, 2017, 05:11:51 AM »

I am so happy and grateful that I can get #1 in ships almost everyday, and way more so now.

Heroic AAT is the main reason I want Thrawn 7* too. My personal best for damage is currently 6.4M, and I’m looking for some big increases from both Thrawn and I almost have R2 ready to run with rebels too. How are you doing in hAAT?

Lucky you.    Tongue

I usually only range between 2-3 mil, which usually puts me in the 4-10 rankings.  Not bad, but I know I could do better.  Finally got the Zetas together for Finn, and my Resistance team needs a mods makeover, but hoping they will boost my output a lot.  Also hoping with Thrawn I'll be able to do more on P3.  At least we're clearing tank a couple times a week now.

Saber Armory:
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Racona Nova
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #3476 on: October 07, 2017, 05:54:56 PM »

You have worries....I can't even get past Rank 600, and I don't even see any of those crystal rewards. My Biggs gets blown up after two rounds (and he's one of my best). JC gets killed first in most encounters, Wedge too. Vader is my only 7* ship, but even he doesn't keep up that long....and he's my strongest ship.

Not to mention that I get blasted away in all ship challenges after three rounds at most.

And in PvP I barely manage to finish Top 300...a few months ago it wasn't a problem to be in the low 200's.

Make the strong even better, leave the weak behind...that's all what it's about now. Just like real-life.

Sig by Master Nero

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #3477 on: October 07, 2017, 10:57:47 PM »

Lucky you.    Tongue

I usually only range between 2-3 mil, which usually puts me in the 4-10 rankings.  Not bad, but I know I could do better.  Finally got the Zetas together for Finn, and my Resistance team needs a mods makeover, but hoping they will boost my output a lot.  Also hoping with Thrawn I'll be able to do more on P3.  At least we're clearing tank a couple times a week now.

Younger shard. I haven’t quite played for a year yet. I’ve had huge success with a target lock team lead by Executrix.

Resistance are amazing, but you need an offering to RNGeezus beforehand. At least that’s what my guildes say. Cheesy

I’m planning to use Thrawn like a Zylo in p1, being very careful because p3 is where I really want him. Looking for a huge increase there. I also got R2 up to G10 and Zeta’d Number crunch this morning, so I’m hoping Rebels will be better too. All the pieces are coming together for the same raid. I hope I won’t be disappointed.

- - - - - - - -

So, Thrawn event. 6* tier was extremely easy with bad mods. I have G9 Hera, G10 Ezra and Sabine, and G8 Kanan and Zeb. Made it through the first few encounters easily for 7*, but then got annihilated on the final battle. I had to move some mods around and put some arena tier speed mods on my Phoenix before I beat it.

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #3478 on: October 10, 2017, 01:15:52 PM »

Younger shard. I haven’t quite played for a year yet. I’ve had huge success with a target lock team lead by Executrix.

Resistance are amazing, but you need an offering to RNGeezus beforehand. At least that’s what my guildes say. Cheesy

I’m planning to use Thrawn like a Zylo in p1, being very careful because p3 is where I really want him. Looking for a huge increase there. I also got R2 up to G10 and Zeta’d Number crunch this morning, so I’m hoping Rebels will be better too. All the pieces are coming together for the same raid. I hope I won’t be disappointed.

- - - - - - - -

So, Thrawn event. 6* tier was extremely easy with bad mods. I have G9 Hera, G10 Ezra and Sabine, and G8 Kanan and Zeb. Made it through the first few encounters easily for 7*, but then got annihilated on the final battle. I had to move some mods around and put some arena tier speed mods on my Phoenix before I beat it.

Yes, you are on a younger shard.  Disadvantage of having played this game since the start.  I have had pretty good success with my target lock team led by Mace, but sometimes the AI just cheats a whole lot.  Like, they get every crit, target lock, and bonus attack they need to just wreck me while I get none, even though my team is way more powerful.

My Resistance still need work.  Mods too.  I've heard BB-8 makes a Resistance team capable of doing 3-4 mil in P4.  After Hoth Han is 7* it's back to Mods farming for a while.  Several of my teams need more or better mods.

CLS is supposed to be amazing in P1, but mine isn't there yet.  Needs better mods and Zetas.  Again with the mods.    Roll Eyes

As for the Thrawn event, yeah 7* was a good bit harder than 6*.  It took me until yesterday to finally beat it.  Had to keep adding gear and rearranging mods.  I was told Chopper made things easier, but mine wasn't geared much and had no Omegas.  Glad to have it done now and have my 7* Thrawn after so many months.  Didn't have him done in time to try him with Chirpatine, but looking forward to it next time.

I was disappointed that I could only get to 5* Chimera because my U-wing was only 5*, but I'm glad to at least have it unlocked.  I am glad though that day by day my 3 existing 6* ships are FINALLY getting towards 7*.

Saber Armory:
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #3479 on: October 11, 2017, 04:13:23 PM »

It's weird that this is all that remains of the bottom of my unaquired roster:

Then at the top end of my roster is 95 toons at 7* and another 5 getting towards 7*. 

Hard to believe that I am slowly but surely closing in on having every toon in the game unlocked, and that I have like 75% of all the characters in the game at max stars.

Now, you better believe that it's still gonna take a while to finish off some of these.  GK, Hermit Yoda, and Hoth Leia are gonna take some time.  Others like the new Ewoks, and Veteran Han and Chewie won't be completed until there's somewhere to farm them.  I'd love new toons to be added to Arena and GW shops since I'm done with all the toons in those.  Cantina shop is gonna take a good while to finish Pao, Cassian's U-Wing, JKG, and Enforcer.  It will take even longer to finish the 12 others that are Cantina farm only.  Some day though, some day.

Saber Armory:
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Pages: 1 ... 230 231 [232] 233 234 ... 272   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: