Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 263   Go Down
Author Topic: Random Star Wars Thoughts  (Read 939992 times)
Darth Severus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -141

« Reply #660 on: March 09, 2014, 07:14:16 AM »

Like I said - none of them are that bad. Even the ones with sabres are only bad because of the sabres.

I'd guess they added the sabre because Sabres are associated with SW and it helps more causal fans make the link that the character is SW related.

Also since the mouse has subjected the entire EU to recon when ever it see's fit, should we really care about photos in cosplay photos. I'm more concerned that in rebels it seems every other character is a Jedi, in an era when no Jedi exist. That really scares me.

I understand that this may be one of your favorite characters and if it was one of mine I would be as upset over the minute details as you are, but from the little I know of this charcter she's never been one that I felt really fit with the rest of the SW universe.

It is not the side of the force we chose, but our actions that define us.
Dark Liberator-AS
Phantasm Staff -DVA

Xaeyon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 129

読めるなら、連絡ください

« Reply #661 on: March 09, 2014, 09:51:38 AM »

TJ point for Chewbacquatch.
Where (besides the Wook) can I learn about Master Fay?

Go to the Wook, DO NOT READ ANYTHING, then skip down to the "Appearances" and read those comics (I think they are)

GCW RP - Bothan Spc Tharu Tyy'n

Catalyst (CG) - Prophecy (VA) - The Beast (no blade)
Reading Textbooks; Playing Pokemon Alpha Sapphire

Luna
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 550

This land is peaceful, its inhabitants kind...

« Reply #662 on: March 09, 2014, 10:23:33 AM »

I'd guess they added the sabre because Sabres are associated with SW and it helps more causal fans make the link that the character is SW related.

Also since the mouse has subjected the entire EU to recon when ever it see's fit, should we really care about photos in cosplay photos. I'm more concerned that in rebels it seems every other character is a Jedi, in an era when no Jedi exist. That really scares me.

I understand that this may be one of your favorite characters and if it was one of mine I would be as upset over the minute details as you are, but from the little I know of this charcter she's never been one that I felt really fit with the rest of the SW universe.

I'm a little confused, especially by your second paragraph (what does Rebels have to do with anything? "should we really care about photos in cosplay photos"?). If you're complaining about her living past Order 66 or something, read about her. She died early on during the Clone Wars. You'll have to do some explaining before I can respond to that bit properly.

What do you feel makes her not fit? She's the epitome of the Jedi ideology. She's old, yeah, but that's not exactly unique.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 10:27:04 AM by Luna » Logged

no

Deceptae
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -90

Power, Passion, Strength

« Reply #663 on: March 09, 2014, 10:36:04 AM »

Go to the Wook, DO NOT READ ANYTHING, then skip down to the "Appearances" and read those comics (I think they are)
Right, duh. Thanks.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

Zephon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 118

Zephon Nosta - Jedi Sentinel

« Reply #664 on: March 09, 2014, 10:58:35 AM »

TJ point for Chewbacquatch.
Where (besides the Wook) can I learn about Master Fay?
Star Wars: Republic 53: Blast Radius

The Force Is The Blade Of The Heart.
            All Are Intertwined;
       The Crystal,
   The Blade,
The Jedi.
              You Are One.

Light Side Points Appreciated

Darth_Phobius47
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -176

Hawkbat 5

« Reply #665 on: March 09, 2014, 11:40:53 AM »

Good soldiers follow orders. Good soldiers follow orders. Good soldiers follow orders. Good soldiers follow orders. Good soldiers follow orders. Good soldiers follow orders. Good soldiers follow orders. Good soldiers follow orders. Good soldiers follow orders. Good soldiers follow orders.

My Arsenal

Dark Arbiter w/sound custom~EG/AS
Dark Standard v3~FO
Dark Liberator v3 (bro)~CG
Initiate v3 (sis)~VA
Grab Bag: Dark SI v3 vert grooves~BR
Consular w/sound~BR/FO
Menace SE w/sound~CG/FO
Raffle prizes: Graflex w/sound~GB/AS
                    Malice w/sound~BR/VA

Jammo
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 326

Hawk-Bat Leader

« Reply #666 on: March 09, 2014, 06:08:26 PM »

So I'm working on my comic con character and I think I'm going to do a Potentium expulsion for the panel I'm on. Gives me a fun angle to talk about the dangers of the dark side and such.

Deceptae
Knight Commander

Power, Passion, Strength

« Reply #667 on: March 09, 2014, 06:34:19 PM »

So I'm working on my comic con character and I think I'm going to do a Potentium expulsion for the panel I'm on. Gives me a fun angle to talk about the dangers of the dark side and such.

Something about "if lax toward the Dark Side you are, sneak upon and consume you it will. Without notice a monster you will become. When notice you do, too late will it be, hmm?"

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #668 on: March 09, 2014, 06:49:54 PM »

Something about "if lax toward the Dark Side you are, sneak upon and consume you it will. Without notice a monster you will become. When notice you do, too late will it be, hmm?"

Master Yodanietzsche?

Cheesy

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Deceptae
Knight Commander

Power, Passion, Strength

« Reply #669 on: March 09, 2014, 07:02:21 PM »

Actually I dont even know who this Nietzsche character is. Highlights?

Jammo
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 326

Hawk-Bat Leader

« Reply #670 on: March 09, 2014, 07:04:48 PM »

My character actually has a Yoda tie in.

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #671 on: March 09, 2014, 08:00:21 PM »

Actually I dont even know who this Nietzsche character is. Highlights?

Friedrich Nietzsche, German philosopher.

A famous quote of his, is included in my signature.

Your previous post was a very Yoda-esque version of that particular quote.

Smiley

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1884

Martial artist, fabricator, chef, resident Ortolan

« Reply #672 on: March 09, 2014, 08:49:19 PM »

Jedi Master Fay...this is one of those that really tests one's willingness to accept anything is possible in the Star Wars universe, at least for me.  In the most basic terms she is a High Elf/royal fairy type person.  And like these types, they are magical rather than simply wielding magic...or the Force in this case.

The artist most noted for drawing her is a favorite of mine and she is about as attractive as a comic book character can get IMO.

I looked at this one years ago and she was my breaking point for the EU material, if I could accept a magical fairy/elf in Star Wars, well then I was open to whatever...within reason.  In fact, she was the template that I designed Master Rel after.  "Not believing that (he)she was destined to teach,...felt that the Force was calling (his)her to lead a nomadic life away from the Core...wandering Jedi Masters whose exploits were known throughout the Jedi Order..."

And yes she was centuries old, I saw her as a living avatar of the Force.  She was not as old as the ridiculous character that helped kill her (along with Ventress)..."Durge was a male Gen'Dai bounty hunter who was active in the galaxy for almost two thousand years. Able to survive several near-death situations due to his Gen'Dai heritage and enhanced battle armor, he fought in several wars and collected a multitude of bounties"...the ideal of species/characters living for thousands of years and that one who lived that long would be something as trivial and fleeting as a bounty hunter...why not an artist, musician, scientist, doctor, etc. something of worth that the extra lifespan would go to good use by extending the experience of the individual to do what they do...not be a hunter...that is the musings of a 14yr who is all rawr about guns and such, sigh...again, IMO.

So in the end I like Master Fay quite a bit, once I got over the whole space high elf thing lol, but there is so much in the Star Wars universe that challenges our ability to accept and move on that something like her seems not such a big deal.

Agreed with Luna that she is about as perfect as a Jedi could hope to be...following the lure of the Force rather then fall to the politics and social restrictions of being part of a policing order, she lived through the Force, by the Force, traveling through the galaxy doing good, giving up what would have most likely been an immortal life to save millions.

A Jedi's Jedi...

« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 09:30:05 PM by Master Rel » Logged

Light side points please Smiley

Zephon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 118

Zephon Nosta - Jedi Sentinel

« Reply #673 on: March 09, 2014, 09:26:43 PM »

Jedi Master Fay...this is one of those that really tests one's willingness to accept anything is possible in the Star Wars universe, at least for me.  In the most basic terms she is a High Elf/royal fairy type person.  And like these types, they are magical rather than simply wielding magic...or the Force in this case.

The artist most noted for drawing her is a favorite of mine and she is about as attractive as a comic book character can get IMO.

I looked at this one years ago and she was my breaking point for the EU material, if I could accept a magical fairy/elf in Star Wars, well then I was open to whatever...within reason.  In fact, she was the template that I designed Master Rel after.  "Not believing that (he)she was destined to teach,...felt that the Force was calling (his)her to lead a nomadic life away from the Core...wandering Jedi Masters whose exploits were known throughout the Jedi Order..."

And yes she was centuries old, I saw her as a living avatar of the Force.  She was not as old as the ridiculous character that helped killed her (along with Ventress)..."Durge was a male Gen'Dai bounty hunter who was active in the galaxy for almost two thousand years. Able to survive several near-death situations due to his Gen'Dai heritage and enhanced battle armor, he fought in several wars and collected a multitude of bounties"...the ideal of species/characters living for thousands of years and that one who lived that long would be something as trivial and fleeting as a bounty hunter...why not an artist, musician, scientist, doctor, etc. something of worth that the extra lifespan would go to good use by extending the experience of the individual to do what they do...not be a hunter...that is the musings of a 14yr who is all rawr about guns and such, sigh...again, IMO.

So in the end I like Master Fay quite a bit, once I got over the whole space high elf thing lol, but there is so much in the Star Wars universe that challenges our ability to accept and move on that something like her seems not such a big deal.

Agreed with Luna that she is about as perfect as a Jedi could hope to be...following the lure of the Force rather then fall to the politics and social restrictions of being part of a policing order, she lived through the Force, by the Force, traveling through the galaxy doing good, giving up what would have most likely been an immortal life to save millions.

A Jedi's Jedi...

Beautiful and well said, Rel. A point +1.

The Force Is The Blade Of The Heart.
            All Are Intertwined;
       The Crystal,
   The Blade,
The Jedi.
              You Are One.

Light Side Points Appreciated

Luna
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 550

This land is peaceful, its inhabitants kind...

« Reply #674 on: March 10, 2014, 12:57:14 AM »

You guys do realize that she's not the only elf-like character in SW, right? She's just the only one without a known species.

no

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 263   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: