Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 263   Go Down
Author Topic: Random Star Wars Thoughts  (Read 939973 times)
Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #705 on: March 16, 2014, 07:18:24 PM »

What in the name of Ashla is that?

It's the General Grievous spinning saber.

The blades move around the handle int he middle.

EDIT:

You beat me to it.

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Deceptae
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -90

Power, Passion, Strength

« Reply #706 on: March 16, 2014, 07:36:37 PM »

KILL IT WITH FIRE!!!
*Viking raid of Grevous's ship ensues*

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

Echo-07
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 4

Who's scruffy looking?

« Reply #707 on: March 17, 2014, 10:21:37 AM »

There are some similarities between the Son and the Inquisitor, but the Son was killed.

His death can be interpreted as ambiguous based solely on that episode, but if you read FotJ, he's definitely dead; and despite the messed-up timespace relationship between Mortis and the rest of the universe, they seem to be on the same overall timeline order-of-events-wise (otherwise there would have been no issue with Abeloth's Legacy era escape, or really with any of the Mother stuff in general).

Additionally, the Son has no experience with a lightsabre, and he wouldn't have to use one anyway.

On a somewhat unrelated note, the Inquisitor looks to be Pau'an, which is nice.

I think the Son from the Mortis arc has taken form in our universe [plane of existence] as the Inquisitor. See the Mortis arc was pure mythology -- a personification of concepts. The Father was clearly God and his children were the dichotemy aspects of the universe -- Good and Evil.  Even though the children both died in the arc and the Father was killed the whole story was about the test of Anakin Skywalker which he failed -- by choosing the Dark Side. When the Son asked Anakin to join him he did. Then in this plane of existence Vader is on the same side as the Inquisitor. I think they look too much alike just to be cooincidental.

Luna
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 550

This land is peaceful, its inhabitants kind...

« Reply #708 on: March 17, 2014, 12:32:14 PM »

I think the Son from the Mortis arc has taken form in our universe [plane of existence] as the Inquisitor. See the Mortis arc was pure mythology -- a personification of concepts. The Father was clearly God and his children were the dichotemy aspects of the universe -- Good and Evil.  Even though the children both died in the arc and the Father was killed the whole story was about the test of Anakin Skywalker which he failed -- by choosing the Dark Side. When the Son asked Anakin to join him he did. Then in this plane of existence Vader is on the same side as the Inquisitor. I think they look too much alike just to be cooincidental.

That would be a possibility if FotJ didn't exist. The Ones (aside from Abeloth) were very clearly dead after TCW, and that fact had a significant effect outside of Mortis (city-melting significant). That also wouldn't explain my other point. The Son wouldn't bother with a weapon, or the Empire, for that matter. Even when he had a goal, he didn't have to resort to mortal methods (especially not serving under others).

Also (and I'm not just saying this to avoid the "no religion" rule), the Father represents balance/order, Abeloth represents chaos, and the Son and Daughter are manifestations of the Dark and Light Sides, respectively.

Obviously the precise wording is a bit sketchy for the Father and the Mother, and the latter is relatively transient, but the roles are obvious. However, the roles of the Son and Daughter as listed are canon.

Additionally, if you want to take the Mortis arc as a metaphorical test, disregarding its "real"-world impact, Anakin passed the test. That was kind of the point of the arc, just in a more literal sense.

I love Star Wars and spend a good deal of time on an RP based off it but I don't spend a good deal of time researching foreign language forms for informationon SW. I assume I'm not alone.  We all love SW, but Russia just sent their army uninvited into another country, if I'm going to search German language boards for something it will most likely be that.

I just saw this, sorry.

All you had to do was Google "the clone wars season 6" before all the new information (and the season itself) came to light. If it were buried in German imageboards or something, I would have never been motivated enough to find it.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 12:37:24 PM by Luna » Logged

no

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1884

Martial artist, fabricator, chef, resident Ortolan

« Reply #709 on: March 17, 2014, 01:31:19 PM »

So you want an Star Warsy sounding name for a character, where to start?  I have a fun one...names of actual stars.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_proper_names_of_stars_in_alphabetical_order

Add a SW spelled first name...Steve:Stiev or Steev...and add a random star name...example...Tarazed or Zedaron...Steev Tarazed or Stiev Zedaron.

Smiley

Light side points please Smiley

Echo-07
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 4

Who's scruffy looking?

« Reply #710 on: March 18, 2014, 08:48:00 AM »

That would be a possibility if FotJ didn't exist. The Ones (aside from Abeloth) were very clearly dead after TCW, and that fact had a significant effect outside of Mortis (city-melting significant). That also wouldn't explain my other point. The Son wouldn't bother with a weapon, or the Empire, for that matter. Even when he had a goal, he didn't have to resort to mortal methods (especially not serving under others).

Also (and I'm not just saying this to avoid the "no religion" rule), the Father represents balance/order, Abeloth represents chaos, and the Son and Daughter are manifestations of the Dark and Light Sides, respectively.

Obviously the precise wording is a bit sketchy for the Father and the Mother, and the latter is relatively transient, but the roles are obvious. However, the roles of the Son and Daughter as listed are canon.

Additionally, if you want to take the Mortis arc as a metaphorical test, disregarding its "real"-world impact, Anakin passed the test. That was kind of the point of the arc, just in a more literal sense.

I just saw this, sorry.

All you had to do was Google "the clone wars season 6" before all the new information (and the season itself) came to light. If it were buried in German imageboards or something, I would have never been motivated enough to find it.

Good reply. However, I'm at a loss -- I don't know what FOTJ is. Or who Abeloth is. Is that TCW episodes? I'm in the middle of Season 4.

As for a couple points you raise:

1- The Son didn't need weapons in Mortis. What's not to say they wouldn't need weapons inthe actual plane of existence outside Mortis?

2- Anakin chose to join the Son before the Father intervened. I don't know how you can claim he "passed the test" because he clearly didn't. The Father saved Anakin and erased the visions the Son showed him.

Lastly, it seems I'm disadvantaged in that I haven't seen some of what you refer to. However, aside from that, how do you explain why the Son and the Inquisitor look so closely alike? Just curious but it seems either NOT a coincidence or done purposefully. I refuse to believe the makers of Revelas are that lazy that they would rip-off the loook for no inherent reason.

ed_ification
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -385

Darth Cronfios

« Reply #711 on: March 18, 2014, 10:48:05 AM »

Good reply. However, I'm at a loss -- I don't know what FOTJ is. Or who Abeloth is. Is that TCW episodes? I'm in the middle of Season 4.

As for a couple points you raise:

1- The Son didn't need weapons in Mortis. What's not to say they wouldn't need weapons inthe actual plane of existence outside Mortis?

2- Anakin chose to join the Son before the Father intervened. I don't know how you can claim he "passed the test" because he clearly didn't. The Father saved Anakin and erased the visions the Son showed him.

Lastly, it seems I'm disadvantaged in that I haven't seen some of what you refer to. However, aside from that, how do you explain why the Son and the Inquisitor look so closely alike? Just curious but it seems either NOT a coincidence or done purposefully. I refuse to believe the makers of Revelas are that lazy that they would rip-off the loook for no inherent reason.

The Inquisitor has been stated to be a Pau'an.  Perhaps he is deliberately modeled on the Son, to echo Vader's earlier experiences dealing with the Son - Vader's subconscious playing on him.

At this point, this seems to be rather heated speculation, with a person who is going to be away for some time.  More will be revealed as Rebels continues its run, and we will have our answers there.

Sabers:
MR Vader - ANH
MR Vader - ESB
Dark War Glaive - Blazing Red - "Belligerence"
Standard Issue Grab Bag - Guardian Blue - "Bastion"
2 Shock LEs - Violet - "Perseverance" and "Integrity"
Archon - "Insight"
Dark Initiate - "Harbinger"

Zephon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 118

Zephon Nosta - Jedi Sentinel

« Reply #712 on: March 19, 2014, 10:13:45 AM »

---

A few random thoughts of my own:

Those of you who have watched TCW and have seen S3 doesn't the new Sith Inquisitor from Rebels resemble the Son of Mortis?Huh

[clipped]

Is this a direct reference to the Mortis arc in S3??? Anakin by falling to the Dark Side released the son of Mortis who took on the form of the Sith Inquisitor who aids Vader in conquering the galaxy. Could this Inquisitor/Son of Mortis archetype of evil be the main villain in the Sequel Trilogy? There was a rumor that a character introduced in Rebels would have an impact on the ST . . . .

Welcoming the council's thoughts on this.

I actually mentioned this before that they're using a very similar design as Rebels seems to be an amalgamation of other sources that they've already presented.

I'd highly recommend it. I wasn't a fan and quickly came around on it with a re-watch. Wait until you get to S3 . . . .

The ring on the lightsaber is just a design thing. Perhaps it has a use, we'll see. I think it looks cool.
The ring is just a cross-hilt that allows his sabers to stay connected. I say sabers, because while it is similar to a double-bladed hilt, it's really two sabers, connected at the center that CAN separate and still function.

The Force Is The Blade Of The Heart.
            All Are Intertwined;
       The Crystal,
   The Blade,
The Jedi.
              You Are One.

Light Side Points Appreciated

Zephon
Knight Commander

« Reply #713 on: March 21, 2014, 07:31:38 AM »

Just gonna leave these here...

All Are Intertwined;
       The Crystal,
   The Blade,
The Jedi.
              You Are One.

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #714 on: March 21, 2014, 09:31:58 PM »

Just gonna leave these here...

The craftsmanship is quite good, always appreciate seeing this one pop up!

Smiley

Zephon
Knight Commander

« Reply #715 on: March 24, 2014, 09:52:51 AM »

Something that most normal people seem to skip over.

~~~~~~
And not really related, but I thought was cool.

All Are Intertwined;
       The Crystal,
   The Blade,
The Jedi.
              You Are One.

Darth_Phobius47
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -176

Hawkbat 5

« Reply #716 on: March 25, 2014, 02:38:35 PM »

Anyone else hungry? I could go for some Mon Calamari....

My Arsenal

Dark Arbiter w/sound custom~EG/AS
Dark Standard v3~FO
Dark Liberator v3 (bro)~CG
Initiate v3 (sis)~VA
Grab Bag: Dark SI v3 vert grooves~BR
Consular w/sound~BR/FO
Menace SE w/sound~CG/FO
Raffle prizes: Graflex w/sound~GB/AS
                    Malice w/sound~BR/VA

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #717 on: March 25, 2014, 02:56:55 PM »

Anyone else hungry? I could go for some Mon Calamari....

...with (wait for it)  Jar Jar Sauce!

Darth_Phobius47
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -176

Hawkbat 5

« Reply #718 on: March 25, 2014, 03:03:50 PM »

...with (wait for it)  Jar Jar Sauce!

Mmmm tasty! Follow that with some Riff Tamson soup!

My Arsenal

Dark Arbiter w/sound custom~EG/AS
Dark Standard v3~FO
Dark Liberator v3 (bro)~CG
Initiate v3 (sis)~VA
Grab Bag: Dark SI v3 vert grooves~BR
Consular w/sound~BR/FO
Menace SE w/sound~CG/FO
Raffle prizes: Graflex w/sound~GB/AS
                    Malice w/sound~BR/VA

JEStucker
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 340

Founder - The Underfunded Force (Light Points)

« Reply #719 on: March 25, 2014, 03:18:42 PM »

http://nerdnewsandreviews.com/2011/01/27/star-wars-theme-restaurant-menu/

some personal favorites...

WanTaunTaun Soup
Shrimp Coruscampi
Aunt BeReuben
Pulled Porkins Sandwich
Scruffy-looking Nerf-Burger
Thai Fighter
Ratatooine
Padme Thai
Frozen Carmelite
Obi-Wan Cannoli
Salacious Crumbcake
Princess Leia Cake (Can be served Queen Amidala Mode)
Darth Malt
Qui-Gon Gin
Bottomless Sarlacc Pitchers

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!

Dominix v2 Fire Orange
Aeon v3 Guardian Blue/Obsidian

Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 263   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: