Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 263   Go Down
Author Topic: Random Star Wars Thoughts  (Read 939905 times)
Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #930 on: November 02, 2015, 02:23:19 PM »

For this theory to make sense, Ezra/Kylo would be in his early to mid forties.

He was born 19 years BBY, Star Wars Rebels is set 5 years before ANH and The Force Awakens takes place 30 years after ROTJ.

That works out to exactly 44 years old.

A more plausible speculation would be that Kylo Ren is the child of one of the Inquisitors that the rebels keep encountering, but this is really a longshot.

As an aside, that means that Ezra is 14 years old in Star Wars Rebels, which heretofore has not been stated. (I guess you're never to young to be a terrorist; it's all a matter of point of view.) Smiley

I have heard it postulated that Rey and Kylo are sibs, and that Rey is possibly a Solo. With this in mind, Kylo is perhaps a direct retcon of Jaycen Solo aka Darth Caedus.

What d'y'all about that crackpot idea?

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

wargame_insomniac
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 48

« Reply #931 on: November 02, 2015, 07:31:43 PM »

I have heard it postulated that Rey and Kylo are sibs, and that Rey is possibly a Solo. With this in mind, Kylo is perhaps a direct retcon of Jaycen Solo aka Darth Caedus.

What d'y'all about that crackpot idea?
I think you nailed it.

Red and Kylo are totally siblings. Specifically children of Han and Leia.  This the reworking of Jan a and Jacen from old EU.

In the same way that Starkiller Base, Supreme Leader Snoke are reworked from old EU.  They are cherry picking the best bits of old EU and thus hopefully skipping the dross of EU.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

wargame_insomniac
Knight Major

« Reply #932 on: November 02, 2015, 07:36:14 PM »

EVERYTHING points to it. The TV appearance of Daisy Ridley a couple of months back. The more recent interview by Kathleen Kennedy.  The design of the poster. Dialogue from Kylo Ren toy.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #933 on: November 02, 2015, 07:47:14 PM »

I think you nailed it.

Rey and Kylo are totally siblings. Specifically children of Han and Leia.  This the reworking of Jan a and Jacen from old EU.

In the same way that Starkiller Base, Supreme Leader Snoke are reworked from old EU.  They are cherry picking the best bits of old EU and thus hopefully skipping the dross of EU.

Starkiller smacks awfully loud of the Sun Crusher. And I assume Snoke is supposed to replace Thrawn? I always pegged Cumberbatch to play Thrawn. He'd have nailed it.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

wargame_insomniac
Knight Major

« Reply #934 on: November 02, 2015, 07:54:14 PM »

Starkiller smacks awfully loud of the Sun Crusher. And I assume Snoke is supposed to replace Thrawn? I always pegged Cumberbatch to play Thrawn. He'd have nailed it.
Yes. 100% on both counts but posting on my phone on dialysis so couldn't double check name.

Spoiler for Aftermath:
Speculation is that have already met Thrawn or at least their reworked version of him in the closing chapter of Aftermath. He had one of the few remaining Super Star Destroyer post battle of Endor

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #935 on: November 02, 2015, 07:59:27 PM »

It would seem that so far the analog's to the EU are as follow:

Finn = Kyle Katarn (both are former Imperial Stormtroopers, both defected from the Empire and both had latent force sensitivity.)

Kylo Ren = Jacen Solo

Rey = Jaina Solo

Supreme Leader Snoke = Dark Jedi Jerec/ Admiral Thrawn

Starkiller Base = Sun Crusher

First Order = New Order

« Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 08:11:24 PM by Kham-Ryn Kurios » Logged

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #936 on: November 02, 2015, 08:00:38 PM »

Yes. 100% on both counts but posting on my phone on dialysis so couldn't double check name.

Spoiler for Aftermath:
Speculation is that have already met Thrawn or at least their reworked version of him in the closing chapter of Aftermath. He had one of the few remaining Super Star Destroyer post battle of Endor

So they haven't completely taken Thrawn out of it? Awesome.

From what info I was given word of mouth, After the Emperor's death, all kinds of havoc was set up to go down. One of which was a SSD even larger than the Executor, which rose up out of the streets of Corruscant. I'm still pissed about no Luke & Mara sitting in a tree....

Sig by For Tyeth

wargame_insomniac
Knight Major

« Reply #937 on: November 02, 2015, 08:18:49 PM »

So they haven't completely taken Thrawn out of it? Awesome.

From what info I was given word of mouth, After the Emperor's death, all kinds of havoc was set up to go down. One of which was a SSD even larger than the Executor, which rose up out of the streets of Corruscant. I'm still pissed about no Luke & Mara sitting in a tree....
Yep. So far have read both Aftermath and Lost Stars.  Both comment on how Empire splintered post Endor.

And the title of the post Endor Comic is called Shattered Empire, which have previously ordered today when released as Trade Paperback in couple of weeks time.

Bear in mind that the Thrawn like character in Aftermath was unnamed. 

But in trailers we get close up of that First Order Nuremburg style rally from the back but only way back from the front.  We know it is Supreme Leader Snoke speaking as we can see both General Hux and Kyle Ren off to one side.

We know that Snoke is being portrayed by Andy Serkis using motion capture.  They are playing Snoke's appearance VERY close to their chest. NO picture in any of magazine articles, in teasers or trailer. AND virtually the only character along with Mas Kanata with NO toys yet released.

Snoke may not be exact copy of Thrawn but he would appear to share many characteristics.

Timothy Zane Heir to the Empire Trilogy was my favourite in the EU novels.  The more good bits they take from it and rework into TFA then happier I will be!!!

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #938 on: November 02, 2015, 08:22:23 PM »

'Nother random thought.

Why is First Order using the crappy old std TIEs instead of Interceptors?

Sig by For Tyeth

wargame_insomniac
Knight Major

« Reply #939 on: November 02, 2015, 08:36:35 PM »

'Nother random thought.

They are not. They have upgraded Tie's in the same way as Rebellion / Resistance have upgraded T-70 X-Wing's.

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #940 on: November 02, 2015, 08:54:40 PM »

'Nother random thought.

They are not. They have upgraded Tie's in the same way as Rebellion / Resistance have upgraded T-70 X-Wing's.

Yeah and there is also a two seater variant in which there is a gunner facing the rear of the TIE; they're also equipped with upgraded ion engines, enabling them to go much faster than normal TIE's.

The First Order has a bitchin' new star destroyer as well called the Finalizer:

« Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 09:00:47 PM by Kham-Ryn Kurios » Logged

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #941 on: November 02, 2015, 08:56:23 PM »

Yeah and there is also a two seater variant in which there is a gunner facing the rear of the TIE; they're also equipped with upgraded ion engines, enabling them to go much faster than normal TIE's

They still look like the same old cannon fodder.

Sig by For Tyeth

wargame_insomniac
Knight Major

« Reply #942 on: November 02, 2015, 09:02:42 PM »

They still look like the same old cannon fodder.
We will know more when the Reference books come out.

From Aftermath we find out that they now have ejector seats.

From Lost Stars we get more upgrades noted.  I can't remember all but did include upgraded weapons.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #943 on: November 02, 2015, 09:20:15 PM »

The First Order has a bitchin' new star destroyer as well called the Finalizer:

If my engineering eyes are not deceiving me, this design the Imperial class with a nose job and a little off the top. (Minus bridge tower). Other than those two things, I think it identical to the Imperial class that we all grew up with.

Alright, I just Googed it, maybe it is bitchin' and new. Wink

Sig by For Tyeth

Connah
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 91

Light, Dark, both extremes annoy me

« Reply #944 on: November 03, 2015, 01:47:06 PM »

yeah, very close to the imperial class, looks like it might be a bit bigger though

from a shooty combaty view, those extra platforms better be bristling with more turrets, being on different elevations they could bring more guns to bear whilst moving forwards

"there's no such thing as overkill. It's just making sure"

Dominix V4 VA with sound
Scorpion R+B Emerald with sound

Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 263   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: