Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 263   Go Down
Author Topic: Random Star Wars Thoughts  (Read 939933 times)
ithekro
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 227

Andromeda Rising

« Reply #1335 on: May 06, 2016, 10:32:15 AM »

A disturbing thought I encountered while looking at the slightly older Galactic maps and the most recent one that came out for TFA.   Starkiller Base's point of origin?  It is either extremely close or exactly on top of the older map's location of Ilum.   We know from the late part of Clone Wars and Rebels that old Sith super weapons and the Death Star used huge kyber crystals, and Ilum is a source of such crystals that the Jedi used for their lightsabers.

Could Starkiller Base have been one of Palpatine's projects?  Use one of the Jedi's planets as a new superweapon would be one of those twisted things he would do.  Just the process took even longer than the Death Star, which had already been started during the Clone Wars, that a second Death Star was built as a stop gap until Starkiller could be finished?

Speaking of the Death Star, do we know for sure it was a Seperatist project after Dooku turned over the plans to Palpatine?  We know from TCW that the Republic retook Geonosis within the first year of the war.   If the Death Star was built there, surely the Republic would have noticed it what invading (with the likes of Obi-wan Kenobi involved).   Could Palpatine have had the system sealed off following the Second Battle of Geonosis and then started building the Death Star, using Republic troops and Geonosis labor?  And to keep it quiet later exterminated the population once the Death Star's hyperdrive was functional?

UltraSabers Owned:
Archon v3.1 (RGBW v4)
Apprentice v4 (RGBA v4)
Archon v2 (RGBW D)
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (AS)
Sentinel LE v4 (FO)
Dominix LE v4 (unknown)

UltraSaber's Gifted:
Initiate LE v4 (CG) - Upgraded to Obsidian v4
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (BR) - Upgraded to Obsidian v4
Initiate v2 (AB)
Renegade (RGBW v4)
Graflex SE (RGBW v4)
The Dominix v2 (BR)
Dark Prophecy v3 (BR LITE)
Lost Grey (RBGW v4)
Fulcrum (RGBW v4)

darth tratus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -241

« Reply #1336 on: May 06, 2016, 04:13:22 PM »

A disturbing thought I encountered while looking at the slightly older Galactic maps and the most recent one that came out for TFA.   Starkiller Base's point of origin?  It is either extremely close or exactly on top of the older map's location of Ilum.   We know from the late part of Clone Wars and Rebels that old Sith super weapons and the Death Star used huge kyber crystals, and Ilum is a source of such crystals that the Jedi used for their lightsabers.

Could Starkiller Base have been one of Palpatine's projects?  Use one of the Jedi's planets as a new superweapon would be one of those twisted things he would do.  Just the process took even longer than the Death Star, which had already been started during the Clone Wars, that a second Death Star was built as a stop gap until Starkiller could be finished?

Speaking of the Death Star, do we know for sure it was a Seperatist project after Dooku turned over the plans to Palpatine?  We know from TCW that the Republic retook Geonosis within the first year of the war.   If the Death Star was built there, surely the Republic would have noticed it what invading (with the likes of Obi-wan Kenobi involved).   Could Palpatine have had the system sealed off following the Second Battle of Geonosis and then started building the Death Star, using Republic troops and Geonosis labor?  And to keep it quiet later exterminated the population once the Death Star's hyperdrive was functional?

I used to think it may have been Ilum as well but i don't think so anymore after seeing the movie. Ilum itself would've had the power to possibly destroy planets where as starkiller base required power from the sun

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #1337 on: May 06, 2016, 04:19:40 PM »

Make it happen Disney!

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1338 on: May 06, 2016, 04:37:54 PM »

Excellent work. You have officially quelled some of my overwhelming hatred of the concept behind SKB. If it was in fact begun by the Imps, and the FO took over the project, that would make a helluva lot more sense as far as the amount of time it would have taken to gut a planet to transform it into a super weapon.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Justicar
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -567

Sun of Starkiller

« Reply #1339 on: May 06, 2016, 08:37:40 PM »

The idea that it was Ilum is quite possible, especially since we saw in the Clone Wars storyboard episodes the role kyber crystals play in those massive superweapons...

Incidentally, the behind the scenes info on Wookieepedia shows Dantooine was almost chosen by the scriptwriters to become Starkiller.

"Anger is a tool.  Use it; do not let it use you."
       --Gul Verden in Debtors' Planet by W.R. Thompson

"I'm a little Renlet, short and 'stout'
Here is my saber, watch me scream and shout!"
       --Lyrics by Jev Moldara

Flamberge BR with v4 Obsidian and 4-inch side blades

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1340 on: May 06, 2016, 09:23:14 PM »

The idea that it was Ilum is quite possible, especially since we saw in the Clone Wars storyboard episodes the role kyber crystals play in those massive superweapons...

Incidentally, the behind the scenes info on Wookieepedia shows Dantooine was almost chosen by the scriptwriters to become Starkiller.

I think Illum would be a more logical choice due to the natural source of crystals. I don't see a reason to use Dantooine other than for nostalgic naming.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Gilbert
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: -63

Sith! Sith! Yeth?

« Reply #1341 on: May 08, 2016, 05:04:25 AM »

"The Starkiller is the culmination of old Empire research into dark energy translations and hyperspace tunneling."
"The First Order selected the icy world for its unique energy-transmitting crystalline deposits"
From the visual dictionary

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1342 on: May 09, 2016, 05:58:58 PM »

What do they call a "snow speeder" when it's not flying over snow?

Sig by For Tyeth

Gilbert
Knight Arbiter

Sith! Sith! Yeth?

« Reply #1343 on: May 09, 2016, 07:23:12 PM »

T-47

Gilbert
Knight Arbiter

Sith! Sith! Yeth?

« Reply #1344 on: May 09, 2016, 07:23:52 PM »

What do they call a "snow speeder" when it's not flying over snow?
T-47

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1345 on: May 09, 2016, 07:39:24 PM »

T-47

And for those that don't uber-geek?

Sig by For Tyeth

Gilbert
Knight Arbiter

Sith! Sith! Yeth?

« Reply #1346 on: May 09, 2016, 07:48:13 PM »

And for those that don't uber-geek?
Did anybody actually say snowspeeder in the movie or just speeder?

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1347 on: May 09, 2016, 07:53:40 PM »

Did anybody actually say snowspeeder in the movie or just speeder?

Actually I think Han was the only one to directly refer to them, and he just asked "Are the speeders ready yet?"

I just find it odd that it's most commonly known as a snow speeder, even though it can be used for any low altitude mission.

If you've played Rogue Squadron, that's what they call it, even though it 2/3 of its main story use is over snowless terrain. Wink

Sig by For Tyeth

Gilbert
Knight Arbiter

Sith! Sith! Yeth?

« Reply #1348 on: May 17, 2016, 07:38:42 PM »

Was the Republic fleet not in space when the planets were destroyed?

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1349 on: May 17, 2016, 07:45:03 PM »

Was the Republic fleet not in space when the planets were destroyed?

More importantly, why wouldn't the Republic fight the FO head on? Why was there only a Resistance?

Sig by For Tyeth

Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 263   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: