Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 263   Go Down
Author Topic: Random Star Wars Thoughts  (Read 939951 times)
Iram
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -292

Grey, leaning to the Dark Side

« Reply #1530 on: September 07, 2016, 06:29:44 PM »

You are certainly not alone. To say I was furious after I saw Ep7 would be putting it mildly. The prequels had their fail moments, but nothing like TFA. Even the title made me cringe.

Despite this, Rogue One has me intrigued. I sincerely hope it does not set a bad precedent for the SW stand alones.

Oooh, so I'm not alone? Tbh, I hate nearly everything Disney has done with Star Wars (except The Clone Wars. I really liked that). I'm a hardcore Lucas fan. I especially disliked TFA because they made a total mess of the EU (btw, I'm a hardcore EU-er). I don't even want to talk about it.

BBL and proud!!!

My Sabers
Overlord (BR) Old Reliable w/ Obsidian v4 
Crimson Scorpion (VA)  w/ Obsidian v3  [Second Prize, 2016 Spring Raffle (1st)]
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (CG) Viridi Ignis 
Graflex SE (Emerald) w/Obsidian v4 [Won -50% off coupon April 2017]
Dark Sentinel LE V4 (BR)

WWJD?

Darth Acervus
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: -248

6 movies & Rogue one. That's all folks....

« Reply #1531 on: September 07, 2016, 07:29:07 PM »

Oooh, so I'm not alone? Tbh, I hate nearly everything Disney has done with Star Wars (except The Clone Wars. I really liked that). I'm a hardcore Lucas fan. I especially disliked TFA because they made a total mess of the EU (btw, I'm a hardcore EU-er). I don't even want to talk about it.

Yes my thoughts exactly.
It felt almost personal when they "non-canonised" so much of the stuff that I really loved . I point blank refuse to call Expanded Universe stuff "Legends".
 How can it be Legend when so much of it occurred AFTER return of the jedi.

LEGEND

a nonhistorical or unverifiable story handed down by tradition from earlier times and popularly accepted as historical.

a very old story or set of stories from ancient times, or the stories, not always true, that people tell about a famous event or person:

Hmmmmm...

I feel the Anger rising once more..( of course i have better uses for it than smashing up a few consoles like a pre-school kid )

Even a novel like Darth Plageuis. One of my personal favorites that would make a horror movie better than half the crud churned out these days, is now a "Legend" .  Not to mention the Bane Trilogy.  Sad
Oh & Mara Jade, Jason, Jaina  arrggggg.

damn you Disney........

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1532 on: September 07, 2016, 07:35:38 PM »

It felt almost personal when they "non-canonised" so much of the stuff that I really loved . I point blank refuse to call Expanded Universe stuff "Legends".

@Disney,   "You're mom's a Legend."

Let us chill. If a handful of Sith can destroy the Jedi and conquer the galaxy, I think we stand a fair chance of...........persuading Disney of seeing the error of their ways.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Iram
Knight Commander

« Reply #1533 on: September 07, 2016, 07:38:48 PM »

Yes my thoughts exactly.
 How can it be Legend when so much of it occurred AFTER return of the jedi.

LEGEND

a nonhistorical or unverifiable story handed down by tradition from earlier times and popularly accepted as historical.

a very old story or set of stories from ancient times, or the stories, not always true, that people tell about a famous event or person:

Hmmmmm...

I feel the Anger rising once more..( of course i have better uses for it than smashing up a few consoles like a pre-school kid )

Even a novel like Darth Plageuis. One of my personal favorites that would make a horror movie better than half the crud churned out these days, is now a "Legend" .  Not to mention the Bane Trilogy.  Sad
Oh & Mara Jade, Jason, Jaina  arrggggg.

damn you Disney........

What made me very mad was the fact that they took away Leia's Jedi status, they got rid of all of the Solo children (and replaced them with a whiny, 5-year-old excuse for a Sith), and they TOTALLY messed up everything that happens after ROTJ. I didn't know they uncanonized Darth Plageuis... That really makes me mad.
Why trash so much of what made Star Wars truly great?? WHY DISNEY???

@Disney,   "You're mom's a Legend."

Let us chill. If a handful of Sith can destroy the Jedi and conquer the galaxy, I think we stand a fair chance of...........persuading Disney of seeing the error of their ways.

I WILL NOT CHILL DISNEY THREW AWAY MY CHILDHOOD, ALL IN THE NAME OF MONETARY PROFIT!

BBL and proud!!!

My Sabers
Dark Sentinel LE V4 (BR)

WWJD?

Darth Acervus
Knight Captain

« Reply #1534 on: September 07, 2016, 09:12:37 PM »

PEACE IS A LIE, THERE IS ONLY PASSION Us sith would do well to remember this......

Rina Ascura
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 111

Please keep it at 100!

« Reply #1535 on: September 07, 2016, 10:07:59 PM »

Are there many of us around?

You are certainly not alone.

Oooh, so I'm not alone?

United we stand! Put "BBL AND PROUD" into your signatures. BBL stands for "Bring Back Legends", or re-canonize the Expanded Universe. I understand that many of us see the word "Legends" as a slur, but that's how the movement is called, it's not me who invented the name.

BBL AND PROUD! The Expanded Universe - the old, the true, the brave!

Rina Ascura
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 111

Please keep it at 100!

« Reply #1536 on: September 07, 2016, 10:19:25 PM »

PEACE IS A LIE, THERE IS ONLY PASSION Us sith would do well to remember this......

Let there be no peace until victory.
Let there be ignorance, for we tread in secrecy.
Let there be passion, until vengeance is fulfilled.
Let there be chaos, until the tyranny dies.
Let there be death, until the hunt is over,
to the end.

This is the Code of the Ascurites - a mostly Dark Jedi sect from my fanfic. They were basically Jedi survivors who were traumatized by Order 66, disappointed with the Jedi Code and went crazy with revenge. They hated the Sith above everything else...

... but it appears that there is a common enemy that makes even Sith and Ascurites unite: the Mickey Mice!

Well, there are a few Mickey changes I can accept. For starters, Palpatine's first name. I see no reason why it can't be Sheev. However, I prefer to write this with the middle initial "C.", as in "Sheev C. Palpatine", to reflect the older fan theory that his first name was Cos. Second, the character Ahsoka Tano: I developed an inexplicable liking to her. But most other Mickeyisms are bantha poodoo.

BBL AND PROUD! The Expanded Universe - the old, the true, the brave!

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #1537 on: September 07, 2016, 11:54:27 PM »

...and this is one reason I have begun steering clear of Star Wars discussions...

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #1538 on: September 08, 2016, 12:13:32 AM »

OMG! Is anyone watching the Rio Paralympic Opening Ceremony and the 400 "LIGHTSTICKS"?

Impressive.....Most Impressive.

Good Luck to all the participants of the Games.

Iram
Knight Commander

« Reply #1539 on: September 08, 2016, 01:32:05 PM »

United we stand! Put "BBL AND PROUD" into your signatures. BBL stands for "Bring Back Legends", or re-canonize the Expanded Universe. I understand that many of us see the word "Legends" as a slur, but that's how the movement is called, it's not me who invented the name.

Yep. It's going in my Sig

BBL and proud!!!

My Sabers
Dark Sentinel LE V4 (BR)

WWJD?

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1540 on: September 08, 2016, 07:35:06 PM »

What made me very mad was the fact that they took away Leia's Jedi status, they got rid of all of the Solo children (and replaced them with a whiny, 5-year-old excuse for a Sith), and they TOTALLY messed up everything that happens after ROTJ. I didn't know they uncanonized Darth Plageuis... That really makes me mad.
Why trash so much of what made Star Wars truly great?? WHY DISNEY???

I WILL NOT CHILL DISNEY THREW AWAY MY CHILDHOOD, ALL IN THE NAME OF MONETARY PROFIT!

Then we take it back. If Disney loses enough of its fan base, they lose profits. Ever heard "The squeaky wheel gets the grease."?

What miffed me most was that there's no Thrawn. Even though he's slated to make an appearance in SWR (whoopty kriffin' do). I so had Cumberbatch cast to play Thrawn, though.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Acervus
Knight Captain

« Reply #1541 on: September 08, 2016, 08:17:03 PM »

Then we take it back. If Disney loses enough of its fan base, they lose profits. Ever heard "The squeaky wheel gets the grease."?

What miffed me most was that there's no Thrawn. Even though he's slated to make an appearance in SWR (whoopty kriffin' do). I so had Cumberbatch cast to play Thrawn, though.

Yes Thrawn is such a great character. Complex, not evil as such, Highly intelligent & Cumberbatch would be a shoe in for the role.  Roll Eyes   

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #1542 on: September 09, 2016, 02:00:12 AM »

I don't think the "Anti- Disney" crowd is near large enough to worry Lucasfilm.  Look at the money TFA made...that didn't happen from single viewings.  I get where you're coming from, it's the same way I feel about the DC films.  But at the end of the day you and I as consumers have one recourse...buy or don't buy.  Here is where I am going to get a little blunt, but don't misunderstand, You're all awesome.  If you don't like the direction SW is going... don't watch it.  Don't look it up.  Don't fill up message boards dedicated to TFA with "I Hate Disney!"  Just, Let it Go.....  It's done and whining and groaning about only makes you look sad and bitter.   As I said, I do get it.  I love Superman but the current franchise I absolutely hate...so I don't follow it.  Don't read about it and don't comment about it.  Our time is better spent focusing on things we enjoy than things we don't.  Just my 2 cents.  Like everything take it or leave it my friends. 

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Iram
Knight Commander

« Reply #1543 on: September 09, 2016, 02:56:04 AM »

We could've been friends but you've done it now

BBL and proud!!!

My Sabers
Dark Sentinel LE V4 (BR)

WWJD?

Obese Wan Kenobese
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 338

Fretful Instigator of the Prismatic Order

« Reply #1544 on: September 09, 2016, 04:17:59 AM »

Don't tell other people what to do or not do.

Selfish passion is unquenching.
What strength have you when you are a slave to your passions?
What power without strength of character?
To self centered rage, you will be chained.
The dark side is no victory.

The long path to peace is through balanced emotions.
The first step to gaining knowledge is recognizing your own ignorance.
Serenity is patient, not passionate satisfaction.
Find harmony by understanding chaos.
Become one with the force, which will never die.

Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 263   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: