Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 263   Go Down
Author Topic: Random Star Wars Thoughts  (Read 939854 times)
Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1680 on: September 29, 2016, 08:56:59 PM »

"Grrrowww. Raaahhrr." (Hey, Rey, wanna practice flying? Take us in for a landing?"
"Really? I haven't flown since Finn and I escaped Jakku. I didn't have such an impressive co-pilot then."

Or maybe since Rey is the one that feels Luke in the force and had the vision they are following, she took the controls. They followed the map of R2-D2 and BB-8, but then her vision tells them which island to land on.

My mother was irritated, as it felt like they were suggesting Rey just takes Han's place, and everyone moves on. The director was regretful that he had Chewie pass by Leia.

What's wrong with just saying "Hey Chewie. Fly over there." and pointing?

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Obese Wan Kenobese
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 338

Fretful Instigator of the Prismatic Order

« Reply #1681 on: September 29, 2016, 09:32:04 PM »

What's wrong with anything? Chewie has his seat where he likes it. He's got his snacks within reach. The butt print is just right for Wookie lumbar support. He can do his thing from where he wants to. Is his ego such that he can't let the new girl fly sometimes? Is the director disrespecting Chewie by having his Mary Sue fly?

Selfish passion is unquenching.
What strength have you when you are a slave to your passions?
What power without strength of character?
To self centered rage, you will be chained.
The dark side is no victory.

The long path to peace is through balanced emotions.
The first step to gaining knowledge is recognizing your own ignorance.
Serenity is patient, not passionate satisfaction.
Find harmony by understanding chaos.
Become one with the force, which will never die.

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #1682 on: September 29, 2016, 09:45:35 PM »

He's got his snacks within reach. The butt print is just right for Wookie lumbar support.

+1 OWK

HAHA!

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Benji
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 163

« Reply #1683 on: September 29, 2016, 10:02:56 PM »

I could soooooooooo say something as to the parallels I noticed in TFA to things in the real world, but I like being on the forum and do not wish to be expelled for talk of politics. Grin

Hah... If you want to, you can PM me with that. I on purpose try not to notice such things in the movies. But when someone points it out, it's always fascinating.

What's wrong with anything? Chewie has his seat where he likes it. He's got his snacks within reach. The butt print is just right for Wookie lumbar support. He can do his thing from where he wants to. Is his ego such that he can't let the new girl fly sometimes? Is the director disrespecting Chewie by having his Mary Sue fly?

Well put. If I'm being completely honest, I think Chewie has his spot and is happy with his position as co-pilot. Not to mention that he was there throughout Ep7 and saw that Rey knows almost as much about The Falcon as Han did. The only thing lacking is a bit of practical experience.

In short, while Chewie probably IS a capable pilot and could be the Captain I don't think he wants that job.

I have but four enemies: Envy, Lust, Greed and Lethargy...

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 0

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #1684 on: September 29, 2016, 11:15:41 PM »

Thinking about it, Chewie actually gives her the okay when she enters the falcon. She sits down and he gives her the nod, she smiles, and they go. He was being chivalrous, but eventually he's gotta put the hoof down and say "Hey! I got seniority!"

One more thing to mention:
Leia has never seen Rey (we assume) and vice versa, yet, the first time they see each other, back after victory, they embrace and hug. Wtf?!

No points, just fist bumps baby!

Benji
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #1685 on: September 29, 2016, 11:31:33 PM »

One more thing to mention:
Leia has never seen Rey (we assume) and vice versa, yet, the first time they see each other, back after victory, they embrace and hug. Wtf?!

Director has already admitted that this scene was poorly directed. It was a "small" detail that was overlooked. At least that's the official response. It will probably be fixed in post in about 10 years when the anniversary edition comes out.

ithekro
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 227

Andromeda Rising

« Reply #1686 on: September 29, 2016, 11:37:15 PM »

Chewie was probably trying to focus on Finn as it was Finn that tried to patch the Wookiee up after the pirate attack.

Leia probably felt Rey through the Force and her pain at Han's death, so a connection point.  Rey looks like she needs comforting, while Chewie is keeping up appearances.

Rey was the last person to steal the Falcon, Han Solo not so much stealing it back from her, but her recognizing his ownership via repupation/legendary status.

UltraSabers Owned:
Archon v3.1 (RGBW v4)
Apprentice v4 (RGBA v4)
Archon v2 (RGBW D)
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (AS)
Sentinel LE v4 (FO)
Dominix LE v4 (unknown)

UltraSaber's Gifted:
Initiate LE v4 (CG) - Upgraded to Obsidian v4
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (BR) - Upgraded to Obsidian v4
Initiate v2 (AB)
Renegade (RGBW v4)
Graflex SE (RGBW v4)
The Dominix v2 (BR)
Dark Prophecy v3 (BR LITE)
Lost Grey (RBGW v4)
Fulcrum (RGBW v4)

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #1687 on: September 29, 2016, 11:44:32 PM »

I wonder how many miles the Falcon has?

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #1688 on: September 29, 2016, 11:56:59 PM »

Director has already admitted that this scene was poorly directed. It was a "small" detail that was overlooked. At least that's the official response. It will probably be fixed in post in about 10 years when the anniversary edition comes out.

Another gaff happened when General Leia's ship landed on Tokadano and she has her reunion with Han. C-3PO inserts himself into the moment, but when he realises his mistake he backs away and says "Come along BB-8" as the two droids take their leave. I don't recall the two droids introducing themselves but 3PO knew BB-8 by name. Does BB-8 have a registration mark on him 3PO could have seen I don't know about? Or have they met before?

One last thing BB-8 isn't even original, he stole one of his tricks from Bob Hoskins. You know the trick, the one with the flame thumbs up? Well Bob did exactly the same thing in the 80's in a TV commercial for British Gas in the UK..

Here is Bob doing the very same thing in the 80's (watch just before the end when he says the ads catchphrase)
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEFETRXo5Qg" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEFETRXo5Qg</a>

I will let you decide.

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #1689 on: September 30, 2016, 12:07:59 AM »

Another gaff happened when General Leia's ship landed on Tokadano and she has her reunion with Han. C-3PO inserts himself into the moment, but when he realises his mistake he backs away and says "Come along BB-8" as the two droids take their leave. I don't recall the two droids introducing themselves but 3PO knew BB-8 by name. Does BB-8 have a registration mark on him 3PO could have seen I don't know about? Or have they met before?

Well, they are looking for him. I'm sure 3PO isn't totally in the dark. They just didn't throw him on a ship and say Let's go. The galaxy is looking for bb8 so it's safe to say he assumed well. Besides, he's Poe's little buddy. I'm sure they've crossed paths somehow. The biggest gaff was bb8 not knowing who R2 was. Just how long has he been out?

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #1690 on: September 30, 2016, 12:16:20 AM »

Well, they are looking for him. I'm sure 3PO isn't totally in the dark. They just didn't throw him on a ship and say Let's go. The galaxy is looking for bb8 so it's safe to say he assumed well. Besides, he's Poe's little buddy. I'm sure they've crossed paths somehow. The biggest gaff was bb8 not knowing who R2 was. Just how long has he been out?

Ah gotcha, I got distracted by 3PO's comic timing and forgot someone on Leia's ship would have told him (I need sleep!)

Fist pump incoming. And a ds point to bring you closer to zero.

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #1691 on: September 30, 2016, 12:29:36 AM »

Ah gotcha, I got distracted by 3PO's comic timing and forgot someone on Leia's ship would have told him (I need sleep!)

Fist pump incoming. And a ds point to bring you closer to zero.
Much gratitude

Benji
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #1692 on: September 30, 2016, 12:36:09 AM »

There is that... and Poe is often said to be "the best pilot in the rebellion" It's little wonder that he and BB8 have been to the headquarters and talked to Leia and encountered C3PO on multiple occasions.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #1693 on: September 30, 2016, 01:57:07 AM »

One last thing BB-8 isn't even original, he stole one of his tricks from Bob Hoskins. You know the trick, the one with the flame thumbs up? Well Bob did exactly the same thing in the 80's in a TV commercial for British Gas in the UK..

Here is Bob doing the very same thing in the 80's (watch just before the end when he says the ads catchphrase)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEFETRXo5Qg

I will let you decide.

3PO is actually Droid Communications Chief for the Resistance.  It was actually a Blunder by 3PO that made BB-8's adventure possible as 3po forgot to activate BB-8's tracking software.  

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #1694 on: September 30, 2016, 02:43:08 AM »

3PO is suffering from Alzheimer's..too many trips to get the memory erased