Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 263   Go Down
Author Topic: Random Star Wars Thoughts  (Read 939992 times)
Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #2130 on: January 14, 2017, 05:56:28 PM »

And nobody got butt hurt and offended at the political incorrectness... I miss those days.

(Staying on topic... here's a random star wars thought)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ne8WwlCP-44

Oh me too.  A simpler time for sure.

LOL @ your vid Benji. Grin  "I'm crushing your head!"  lol

+1

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Gilbert
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: -63

Sith! Sith! Yeth?

« Reply #2131 on: January 16, 2017, 02:00:15 AM »

You ever notice how Trandoshans look like The Gorn?

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #2132 on: January 16, 2017, 04:22:00 AM »

Abrams and Kasdan gave an explanation for R2's "Awakening".  Basically when BB unveiled him earlier he bumped him and asked if he had the rest of the Map.  R2 did because of his accessing the Empire's records 30 years earlier.  R2 heard BB and began processing 30 years of info to find the map and when he found it..he rebooted.    Can read the whole thing here.

http://ew.com/article/2015/12/20/jj-abrams-answers-burning-question-about-r2-d2-star-wars-force-awakens/

There's your official explanation... like it or don't  thats what it is.

As to people being offended..it really isn't new.  Comics were once almost banned (Superman was called Un-American......SUPERMAN!), Michelangelo had to stop using his Nun-chucks because UK censors would refuse to air episodes....

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #2133 on: January 16, 2017, 07:16:05 AM »

I don't mind it, makes since to me. I have heard of the Un-American Superman before. Did you know that he started out in a novel. It was written, but was not that big of a success. So the author (I don't remember his name) tried to sell him to DC comics, but they said that they only way that they would buy him was if the novel was taken off the shelf, and that he could be put into comic books. I think the title of the novel was "The Last Son of Krypton", or something like that.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #2134 on: January 16, 2017, 07:46:10 AM »

I don't mind it, makes since to me. I have heard of the Un-American Superman before. Did you know that he started out in a novel. It was written, but was not that big of a success. So the author (I don't remember his name) tried to sell him to DC comics, but they said that they only way that they would buy him was if the novel was taken off the shelf, and that he could be put into comic books. I think the title of the novel was "The Last Son of Krypton", or something like that.

Not Quite.  Forgive me, I don't mean to sound Arrogant but Superman is my favorite Superhero.  Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster were the creators of Superman.  It was a short illustrated story called "Reign of the Superman" in which a vagrant is given physic powers from a drug.  He then uses them for nefarious means and loses them regretting he will be remembered as a Villain.  It was published in their own "Fanzine" but sold poorly.  Between 1933/34 and 1938 They began working on Superman as a hero while working in the comics field.  First he was just a guy who was skilled.  Then he was a child sent back in time from the future when the world ends (this idea was actually without the involvement of Shuster who Siegel replaced with another artist who left when the idea was not picked up).  Siegel and Shuster eventually reconciled and finished the Superman that would appear in Action Comics #1.   Sad part is the 2 just wanted to see the character in print and did not think it would be very popular and  Detective Comics (DC) had a policy to buy outright characters..so the two creators had no claim on the character until many years later.  They sold the rights for $2,000 in current money... 

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #2135 on: January 16, 2017, 08:07:24 AM »

Not Quite.  Forgive me, I don't mean to sound Arrogant but Superman is my favorite Superhero.  Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster were the creators of Superman.  It was a short illustrated story called "Reign of the Superman" in which a vagrant is given physic powers from a drug.  He then uses them for nefarious means and loses them regretting he will be remembered as a Villain.  It was published in their own "Fanzine" but sold poorly.  Between 1933/34 and 1938 They began working on Superman as a hero while working in the comics field.  First he was just a guy who was skilled.  Then he was a child sent back in time from the future when the world ends (this idea was actually without the involvement of Shuster who Siegel replaced with another artist who left when the idea was not picked up).  Siegel and Shuster eventually reconciled and finished the Superman that would appear in Action Comics #1.   Sad part is the 2 just wanted to see the character in print and did not think it would be very popular and  Detective Comics (DC) had a policy to buy outright characters..so the two creators had no claim on the character until many years later.  They sold the rights for $2,000 in current money... 

Hmm... Maybe so, but my version I read in the back of a compilation of Superman comics. It was written buy whoever compiled the stories at DC. It has been a while since I read it, so maybe I have it wrong, but. I usually have a fairly good memory for this sort of thing. Anyways, just a little off topic now.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2136 on: January 16, 2017, 07:05:17 PM »

You ever notice how Trandoshans look like The Gorn?

You're fired.

Abrams and Kasdan gave an explanation for R2's "Awakening".  Basically when BB unveiled him earlier he bumped him and asked if he had the rest of the Map.  R2 did because of his accessing the Empire's records 30 years earlier.  R2 heard BB and began processing 30 years of info to find the map and when he found it..he rebooted.    Can read the whole thing here.

LAME!!! Why the hell wouldn't he just have kept that info in an easy to retrieve file heading? Derp.

Someone tell me what the deal is with Han having a brown coat in ESB. It's blue. It's always been blue. And as long as there are unedited original cuts, it will always be blue. Angry Angry Angry

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Benji
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 163

« Reply #2137 on: January 16, 2017, 09:02:16 PM »

Someone tell me what the deal is with Han having a brown coat in ESB. It's blue. It's always been blue. And as long as there are unedited original cuts, it will always be blue. Angry Angry Angry

Do you know where to find unedited original cuts? I suddenly want to see them again.

http://ew.com/article/2015/12/20/jj-abrams-answers-burning-question-about-r2-d2-star-wars-force-awakens/

, Michelangelo had to stop using his Nun-chucks because UK censors would refuse to air episodes....

Good! Thanks for finding that official expanation.. I like it.

Mikey had to stop chucking cause of censors at one point? LAME ... OMG, if it hasn't happened already there needs to be someone to do Star Wars TMNT cross over...

I have but four enemies: Envy, Lust, Greed and Lethargy...

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2138 on: January 16, 2017, 09:12:36 PM »

Do you know where to find unedited original cuts? I suddenly want to see them again.
Go back in time (or eBay), find a metal box DVD collection, choose between the (then) up-to-date director's kriff-up, or the original theatric release. Which I just so happen to own. Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin So happy about that.

Mikey had to stop chucking cause of censors at one point? LAME ... OMG, if it hasn't happened already there needs to be someone to do Star Wars TMNT cross over...
Just.........................................no.

Will also repost this in the Sith Academy but.........

Does Sith Lightning last for durations beyond the wielder's control?

Referring to the Emperor cooking himself twice; once against Windu and the other during Vader's coup.

Also referencing Darth Bane's self-toasting at the end of Rule of Two.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #2139 on: January 16, 2017, 09:35:43 PM »

the original theatric release. Which I just so happen to own. Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin So happy about that.

So do I. But I haven't watched them yet for some reason.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2140 on: January 16, 2017, 10:13:44 PM »

So do I. But I haven't watched them yet for some reason.
I have vowed to never watch any but those for Eps 4, 5, & 6.

Sig by For Tyeth

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #2141 on: January 16, 2017, 10:18:12 PM »

I have vowed to never watch any but those for Eps 4, 5, & 6.

I don't know that I have the original theatrical versions for Eps 1, 2, and 3. I watched the original theatrical versions of Ep. 7 and Rogue One.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2142 on: January 16, 2017, 10:31:13 PM »

I don't know that I have the original theatrical versions for Eps 1, 2, and 3. I watched the original theatrical versions of Ep. 7 and Rogue One.
Those I don't think exist beyond initial DVD release. But those could use all the help they could get.

Ooh, me too. XŢ

Sig by For Tyeth

Benji
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 163

« Reply #2143 on: January 16, 2017, 10:37:58 PM »

Just.........................................no.

Okay, not exactly a cross over, but like Ninja Turtles with lightsaber like weapons... The more I think about it, I think someone did this...

I have but four enemies: Envy, Lust, Greed and Lethargy...

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2144 on: January 16, 2017, 10:43:01 PM »

Okay, not exactly a cross over, but like Ninja Turtles with lightsaber like weapons... The more I think about it, I think someone did this...

Sig by For Tyeth

Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 263   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: