Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] 155 156 ... 263   Go Down
Author Topic: Random Star Wars Thoughts  (Read 939897 times)
Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2295 on: March 22, 2017, 08:50:56 PM »

Tongue

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #2296 on: March 23, 2017, 01:32:32 PM »

Tie fighter pilots are it:

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2297 on: March 23, 2017, 07:51:21 PM »

Don't even get 'im started on TFA.

Nothing is forgotten.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #2298 on: March 23, 2017, 07:57:35 PM »

Don't even get 'im started on TFA.

Have you ever considered that it might not be Hayden's fault, and that it was actually the writing?

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 602

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #2299 on: March 23, 2017, 08:24:54 PM »

Tongue

LOL!  That's funny Logos!  Caption should say : Didn't I tell you boys not to play with light sabers!

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/sd & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/sd an silver foc
 Archon CG w/sd an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/sd an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite sd and AB foc
 Exile in CG w/sd and silver foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Freebie)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Dark Initiate V2 in GB (freebie)
 Franken saber in VA
 Dominix LE V2 in BR (friend)
Wish list: Dark Prophecy BR w/sd and

Rapine
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #2300 on: March 23, 2017, 09:00:24 PM »

Grin Tongue
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hW9xNZNV49E" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hW9xNZNV49E</a>

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2301 on: March 23, 2017, 09:15:44 PM »

Have you ever considered that it might not be Hayden's fault, and that it was actually the writing?
It has been well documented that a good actor cannot trump bad direction. Not his fault. But as was pointed out to me, if you want to see how good he is, pay attention to his non-spoken lines. He really delivers.

Sig by For Tyeth

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #2302 on: March 23, 2017, 09:19:48 PM »

It has been well documented that a good actor cannot trump bad direction. Not his fault. But as was pointed out to me, if you want to see how good he is, pay attention to his non-spoken lines. He really delivers.

Yes, non-verbals are a huge part of anything. Whether it be public speaking or acting. But you also have to remember that acting is extremely hard. Some people are just naturally better than others, but it still takes a lot of practice. Since I haven't seen the script for AOTC or ROTS, I will continue to give Hayden the benefit of the doubt. If I am proven wrong, then that is fine. But I have had some (very little) experience with acting, and if the writing/directing is bad, the id doesn't matter how good the actor is, he/she will still seem like a bad actor.

Rapine
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #2303 on: March 23, 2017, 10:15:10 PM »

A good indication would be to watch another movie of his, and compare the offering.  

Just a thought...

Edit: Try Jumper...

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 838

Avatar from the DarthScrub's factory

« Reply #2304 on: March 24, 2017, 09:47:26 AM »

Nothing is forgotten.

Logos for President!!!!! Wink

Point  Tongue

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

For other free words of wisdom, dial 555-YODA

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2305 on: March 24, 2017, 03:19:42 PM »

Yes, non-verbals are a huge part of anything. Whether it be public speaking or acting. But you also have to remember that acting is extremely hard. Some people are just naturally better than others, but it still takes a lot of practice. Since I haven't seen the script for AOTC or ROTS, I will continue to give Hayden the benefit of the doubt. If I am proven wrong, then that is fine. But I have had some (very little) experience with acting, and if the writing/directing is bad, the id doesn't matter how good the actor is, he/she will still seem like a bad actor.
No it isn't. It's merely a question of how well you can pretend. Mimicry or essentially the ability to "con" others is a matter intelligence. Basically the smarter the actor, the better the performance. Hayden's body language and facial expressions speak better of his ability than his delivered lines. I mean, even McGregor sucked in AOTC. It was poorly scripted.

Logos for President!!!!! Wink

Point  Tongue
SHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! No politics. You're gonna get me trouble. Tongue

Sig by For Tyeth

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #2306 on: March 24, 2017, 07:54:20 PM »

No it isn't. It's merely a question of how well you can pretend. Mimicry or essentially the ability to "con" others is a matter intelligence. Basically the smarter the actor, the better the performance. Hayden's body language and facial expressions speak better of his ability than his delivered lines. I mean, even McGregor sucked in AOTC. It was poorly scripted.

It's not all about intelligence. While that does help, you do need a certain amount of skill. Acting is actually a lot harder then it looks. I am speaking from experience here. HThe ere are a ton of actors out there that weren't that great when they first started, but now they are actually really good. Practice is a big thing, and the better writing/directing, the easier it is for people to learn to act good.

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 838

Avatar from the DarthScrub's factory

« Reply #2307 on: March 24, 2017, 08:46:34 PM »

SHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! No politics. You're gonna get me trouble. Tongue

Hahahahaha (laugh of the evil guy in an old fashioned spy movie  Grin )

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

For other free words of wisdom, dial 555-YODA

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2308 on: March 24, 2017, 09:10:54 PM »

It's not all about intelligence. While that does help, you do need a certain amount of skill. Acting is actually a lot harder then it looks. I am speaking from experience here. HThe ere are a ton of actors out there that weren't that great when they first started, but now they are actually really good. Practice is a big thing, and the better writing/directing, the easier it is for people to learn to act good.
Not book-smarts, raw intelligence. The ability to see/hear and mimic a behavior. It's been proven on nature shows. Mimicry is a sign of high intelligence. And although humans rank among the most intelligent species on the planet, not all of our members are created equally. Wink

Sig by For Tyeth

Gilbert
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: -63

Sith! Sith! Yeth?

« Reply #2309 on: March 25, 2017, 12:24:07 AM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6MlHxAzLXA" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6MlHxAzLXA</a>

Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] 155 156 ... 263   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: