Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182 183 ... 263   Go Down
Author Topic: Random Star Wars Thoughts  (Read 939903 times)
Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #2700 on: October 01, 2018, 10:43:32 PM »

Not only is there nothing refuting it, its pretty hard to say it could be any other planet:

"The planet that would become Starkiller Base was once a remote and mysterious world known only to a handful in the galaxy. During the age of the Galactic Empire, the planet was mined for kyber crystals for use in the Death Star's superlaser."

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #2701 on: October 01, 2018, 10:51:30 PM »

Not only is there nothing refuting it, its pretty hard to say it could be any other planet:

"The planet that would become Starkiller Base was once a remote and mysterious world known only to a handful in the galaxy. During the age of the Galactic Empire, the planet was mined for kyber crystals for use in the Death Star's superlaser."

Exactly why I think it might be. Technically there could be another winter planet in the same system as Illum, but I don't really think that there is another one that is both an ice planet and grows crystals.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #2702 on: October 01, 2018, 11:58:36 PM »

Exactly why I think it might be. Technically there could be another winter planet in the same system as Illum, but I don't really think that there is another one that is both an ice planet and grows crystals.

If I remember correctly on the new canon map..Illum isn't there anymore

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #2703 on: October 02, 2018, 01:48:20 AM »

I'd like to see more about Enfy's Nest, and find out what happens to Qi'ra.

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

BatMike90
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -793

Dark (Knight) Side Points.

« Reply #2704 on: October 02, 2018, 09:50:48 AM »

I'd like to see more about Enfy's Nest, and find out what happens to Qi'ra.

You are not alone. They will most likely continue in book format, I would prefer comic or some sort of screen continuation.

Arsenel:
RGBW DIAMOND: Archon v3.1 / Dominicide / Graflex SE /  Guardian
V4 SOUND : Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Emperor's Hand
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
Merik Wolfe (Jedi Knight) / Darth Marcotus (Sith Warrior)
BatMike90's Soundfonts

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2705 on: October 02, 2018, 05:55:07 PM »

Yes, but I want to know what you guys think.
Despite utterly loathing SKB from concept to execution, I believe it is plausible as far as timeline. The Empire had control of the system since Order 66, so it's possible that the actual weapon project started under the Empire, and the FO simply took over its development after the fall of the Emperor. We already know that Illum was notoriously cold.

I'd like to see more about Enfy's Nest.
Also yes. Not only looking badass, I sensed that this is a very complex character, well worth the developing.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #2706 on: October 02, 2018, 11:40:30 PM »

I would tie up nicely if it were, and truing a former 'Jedi' world into a weapon of mass destruction twice would be fitting Palpatines sense of humour.  But i suspect the writers of TFA put far less thought into the canon implications of what planet it used to be than you are TR, I think it was more a case of contrast in planets in the movie for aesthetic purposes - Jakku Yellow desert, Takodana/rebel base Green Jungle, Star Killer White Alipne.  Also the white and cold associates with making the First Order bad/heartless/technologically advanced etc. 

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #2707 on: October 03, 2018, 12:45:02 AM »

I would tie up nicely if it were, and truing a former 'Jedi' world into a weapon of mass destruction twice would be fitting Palpatines sense of humour.  But i suspect the writers of TFA put far less thought into the canon implications of what planet it used to be than you are TR, I think it was more a case of contrast in planets in the movie for aesthetic purposes - Jakku Yellow desert, Takodana/rebel base Green Jungle, Star Killer White Alipne.  Also the white and cold associates with making the First Order bad/heartless/technologically advanced etc. 

Oh yes, the writers clearly did it for the purpose of the contrast and an explanation of who/what the First Order is like you said. Really the only thing I have found to possible refute it is the fact that from what we saw of Ilum in TCW and SKB in TFA, they do not quite seem like they have the same kind of terrain other than the snow. Ilum seems very barren and harsh while SKB is definitely cold and snowy, is a more of a icy forest (much like a lot of Alaska and Canada) if that makes any sense.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 325

On the Side of the Light. Most of the time...

« Reply #2708 on: October 03, 2018, 01:03:46 AM »

Oh yes, the writers clearly did it for the purpose of the contrast and an explanation of who/what the First Order is like you said. Really the only thing I have found to possible refute it is the fact that from what we saw of Ilum in TCW and SKB in TFA, they do not quite seem like they have the same kind of terrain other than the snow. Ilum seems very barren and harsh while SKB is definitely cold and snowy, is a more of a icy forest (much like a lot of Alaska and Canada) if that makes any sense.

I've personally run into a lot of that warping of the senses when it comes to Star Wars planets too. I think we naturally tend to take what we see through the various media as what a particular planet or locale looks like as a whole (part of why I love the novels and extra material so much.) Like in the Legends material, Hoth had volcanic activity and unfrozen water which seems a stark contrast to everything we saw in ESB. Tattooine another great example, I always associated it with the portrayal in ANH of a barren and backwater world that time forgot, and then all the sudden in Episode 1 it is the site of the Boonta Eve Classic and is more of a tourist hotspot than I could have ever dreamed. Star Wars is just so varied like that, I love it when they challenge our preconceived notions as long as it makes a modicum of sense Grin

“You think you know the depths of corruption that plague the Jedi?” Saso hissed. “I’ve seen it, I’ve experienced it, I even embody it. Every breath I take is an affront to their lofty ideals and idle Force worship… and so they seek to exterminate me.” He looked deep into Barriss Offee’s eyes, “they were not successful in purging me from the galaxy, and neither will you be.”

Make Jedi pouches: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=37304.0
Make Jedi food capsules: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=38006.0

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #2709 on: October 03, 2018, 02:00:35 AM »

Watched Solo again, I’m liking it more after watching it a few and getting to appreciate it

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #2710 on: October 03, 2018, 01:46:02 PM »

Watched Solo again, I’m liking it more after watching it a few and getting to appreciate it

Ya know other than looking up the scene with you know who showing up in hologram form, I haven't seen Solo yet, might get around to it eventually

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #2711 on: October 03, 2018, 01:54:41 PM »

Ya know other than looking up the scene with you know who showing up in hologram form, I haven't seen Solo yet, might get around to it eventually

I say just get into it with an opened mind.  It's decent for what it is and may not be Episode IV but it's re-watch and like worthy

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2712 on: October 03, 2018, 02:30:38 PM »

I fully endorse this movie.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #2713 on: October 03, 2018, 04:18:54 PM »

I say just get into it with an opened mind.  It's decent for what it is and may not be Episode IV but it's re-watch and like worthy

I fully endorse this movie.

Well, see its not my feeling on the status of Star Wars that has kept me from seeing it...its my disinterest in Han.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2714 on: October 03, 2018, 04:36:48 PM »

Well, see its not my feeling on the status of Star Wars that has kept me from seeing it...its my disinterest in Han.
Do it for Lando. For LANDO.

Sig by For Tyeth

Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182 183 ... 263   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: