Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 185 186 [187] 188 189 ... 263   Go Down
Author Topic: Random Star Wars Thoughts  (Read 939908 times)
Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #2790 on: October 09, 2018, 10:43:16 PM »

Do you have any hope that they could turn things around with 9, or do you think it's too far gone to save the trilogy?

Hope for "fixing" it...not much.  But, a little hope maybe we'll get something I can justify seeing in the theater.  Allowing a different director carte blanche for a second film in a trilogy was just a bad move. 

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 325

On the Side of the Light. Most of the time...

« Reply #2791 on: October 10, 2018, 02:41:33 AM »

Hope for "fixing" it...not much.  But, a little hope maybe we'll get something I can justify seeing in the theater.  Allowing a different director carte blanche for a second film in a trilogy was just a bad move. 

Amen to that, Tepes.

No fan of the trilogy here, but I do think that the right hands are back on the steering wheel with JJ. Thing is, I don't envy his position at all though. He basically has two completely different storylines to go with now, his episode or Rian's episode (pretty crazy how a sequel of a film can be like an opposing story.) I'm under the impression that whichever path he chooses, it's going to be off because it will in effect be ignoring an entire past film. Rian tied him down in a lot of ways. Like with Rey, he can't scale back her powers now, she's an unstoppable Force storm at this point. On a side note, I think it's kind of sad that Chewbacca is the lone survivor of the OT. It feels a bit like Star Wars has been hollowed out. Even R2 and Threepio are just background characters, at best.   

“You think you know the depths of corruption that plague the Jedi?” Saso hissed. “I’ve seen it, I’ve experienced it, I even embody it. Every breath I take is an affront to their lofty ideals and idle Force worship… and so they seek to exterminate me.” He looked deep into Barriss Offee’s eyes, “they were not successful in purging me from the galaxy, and neither will you be.”

Make Jedi pouches: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=37304.0
Make Jedi food capsules: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=38006.0

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #2792 on: October 10, 2018, 02:52:59 AM »

Amen to that, Tepes.

No fan of the trilogy here, but I do think that the right hands are back on the steering wheel with JJ. Thing is, I don't envy his position at all though. He basically has two completely different storylines to go with now, his episode or Rian's episode (pretty crazy how a sequel of a film can be like an opposing story.) I'm under the impression that whichever path he chooses, it's going to be off because it will in effect be ignoring an entire past film. Rian tied him down in a lot of ways. Like with Rey, he can't scale back her powers now, she's an unstoppable Force storm at this point. On a side note, I think it's kind of sad that Chewbacca is the lone survivor of the OT. It feels a bit like Star Wars has been hollowed out. Even R2 and Threepio are just background characters, at best.   

Leia's prominent role is still on apparently.  They are utilizing deleted scenes from 7 and 8 to work something.

Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 325

On the Side of the Light. Most of the time...

« Reply #2793 on: October 10, 2018, 02:58:48 AM »

Leia's prominent role is still on apparently.  They are utilizing deleted scenes from 7 and 8 to work something.

Ugh, ok. It's probably going to be crazy. Deleted scenes were deleted for a reason, of course  Roll Eyes

“You think you know the depths of corruption that plague the Jedi?” Saso hissed. “I’ve seen it, I’ve experienced it, I even embody it. Every breath I take is an affront to their lofty ideals and idle Force worship… and so they seek to exterminate me.” He looked deep into Barriss Offee’s eyes, “they were not successful in purging me from the galaxy, and neither will you be.”

Make Jedi pouches: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=37304.0
Make Jedi food capsules: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=38006.0

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #2794 on: October 10, 2018, 11:37:09 AM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXSwJEBfbOc" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win"><b>!</b> No longer available</a>

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #2795 on: October 10, 2018, 12:47:47 PM »

Ugh, ok. It's probably going to be crazy. Deleted scenes were deleted for a reason, of course  Roll Eyes

True, but apparently much of the deleted scenes were story ideas they scrapped during production.  Like how we see Maz handing Leia Luke's saber in the Ep 7 trailer but that never happens in the film

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2796 on: October 10, 2018, 02:00:09 PM »

Do you have any hope that they could turn things around with 9, or do you think it's too far gone to save the trilogy?
Yes. There's an huge explosion and it wipes out history until it encounters another huge explosion in the past, undoing everything up to the end of ROTJ when the DS2 blows. Grin Grin Grin

No, giving Jar Jar Abrams direction of a sci-fi movie was the bad move. He's like 2 steps above Michael Bay when it comes to sacrificing story for wiz-bang effects/visuals. Johnson just expanded on that mentality.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #2797 on: October 10, 2018, 06:56:02 PM »

Yes. There's an huge explosion and it wipes out history until it encounters another huge explosion in the past, undoing everything up to the end of ROTJ when the DS2 blows. Grin Grin Grin

Spoiler alert: Episode 9, Luke wakes up after becoming one with the Force just to find out that he was merely a glitch in the Matrix and got flushed out by the Machines only to be picked up by the Nebuchadnezzar. Oh wait...

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #2798 on: October 10, 2018, 07:00:16 PM »

Or.... Rey finds the World between Worlds and Pulls Luke through like Ahsoka

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #2799 on: October 10, 2018, 07:00:49 PM »

Or.... Rey finds the World between Worlds and Pulls Luke through like Ahsoka

Or Ahsoka Returns.

EDIT: Is it just me, or is the first thing people think of when the hear "The World between Worlds" is the place in The Magician's Nephew that they go to before Narnia?

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #2800 on: October 10, 2018, 07:16:55 PM »

Or Ahsoka Returns.

EDIT: Is it just me, or is the first thing people think of when the hear "The World between Worlds" is the place in The Magician's Nephew that they go to before Narnia?

I've heard quite a few stories use similar titles for in between realms

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2801 on: October 10, 2018, 07:20:56 PM »

Spoiler alert: Episode 9, Luke wakes up after becoming one with the Force just to find out that he was merely a glitch in the Matrix and got flushed out by the Machines only to be picked up by the Nebuchadnezzar. Oh wait...
LOLZ!  Grin Grin Grin Grin Point

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #2802 on: October 10, 2018, 07:21:30 PM »

LOLZ!  Grin Grin Grin Grin Point

Glad you liked it. Point back within the hour

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #2803 on: October 11, 2018, 11:15:49 AM »

The Lightsaber duels that never happened thread have made me think about something.  Were the Jedi of the Old Republic, as a whole, more powerful than the Jedi of the Prequel era?     common sense dictates as time progresses skill and power, even as a group , should grow.  But it seemed the Jedi were more interested in maintaining the status quo instead of expanding their knowledge.  This was evidenced in Season 6 of Clone Wars when Yoda was questioning what he knew after hearing Qui-Gon.  The council shrugged it off as "that cant happen".   Only Anakin was open to the possibility.  My thought is in terms of knowledge the Old Jedi and the new were kind of even.  Now in terms of skill with a Saber and Force abilities, I think the old republic would have been more skilled since they were fighting Sith on a more constant level.   The Sith on the other hand, I think were More powerful by the time of Palpatine.  The Sith did not reject expanding their knowledge, in fact they encouraged it.  Uncle George himself said Palpatine was the most powerful Sith who ever lived.  Hazy early morning ramblings.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #2804 on: October 11, 2018, 11:24:18 AM »

I agree with what you're saying, Tepes.  The Jedi of the Old Republic were also in war for quite some time and they worked on expanding their skills.  The Jedi of the Prequel era were content with where they were at since "the Sith are no longer alive" kind of mentality. The is kind of like the military where they decrease their population during peace time but then start recruiting like crazy when a conflict arises.  The recruitment during war time, I believe, leaves a lot of training that one who experience if their weren't in a hurry to spit soldiers out versus during peace time then they can take their time and mold the soldier into who they want that soldier to be.  I think it's around the same type of mentality between the Old Republic versus the Prequel era.  One was in constant war and conflicts so they made sure to keep expanding their knowledge and skill sets since the Sith were around and you never know when they'll be in a fight versus the Prequel era when the Sith was "no more". 

I also think that the Old Republic Jedis were like music from the 70s and 80s versus the Prequel Jedis were like the music from the 2000s.  The former were instant classics and had a way about themselves versus the newer Jedis were the "watered down" version of the original.  They were taught some of the same things but throughout the generations, smaller things got left out until the Prequel Era.

Pages: 1 ... 185 186 [187] 188 189 ... 263   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: