Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 223 224 [225] 226 227 ... 263   Go Down
Author Topic: Random Star Wars Thoughts  (Read 939900 times)
Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3360 on: October 23, 2019, 07:36:15 PM »

Anything Vader Related was the only bright spots in the new canon.  
Current. 'New' conveys acceptance, to me.

Couple of reasons methinks:  Its what everyone has known as the "EU" for decades...not going to break that habit in just a few years.  Secondly, myself and others don't really consider this new Canon an "Expanded" Universe.  The old EU was full of interesting stories and explanations..but they were not crucial.  You could watch the films and not miss or feel like you missed something important.  But now, there are so many answers that are given in the published materials that you have to keep up with them to feel you have a grasp of the story.

The Crystal stuff is only shown in one Arc...about 5 issues.  You can literally skip it and be fine (although you'll miss an awesome moments)  It never comes up again in the entire run.  I strongly recommend them...
I guess this makes sense. But it sounds too much like a shellty, albeit lucrative, marketing tactic. "You need to buy all the books, comics, and games in order to have the full story." <gag> I don't have time for that.

And no. It still must go.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #3361 on: October 23, 2019, 07:51:11 PM »

And no. It still must go.

I'll have to disagree with you on that...Vader Setting the Moff's in their places, Throwing Palpatine into a wall, pulling fighters out of the sky with The Force, killing Jocasta Nu, Eath Koth and other Jedi.  Cutting limbs off the Inquisitors, killing a Kaiju, defeating a resurrected Dark Lord from the Old Republic Era.... plus so much more.  The Vader stories are very much worth reading.  Every story was crafted to show Vader's Reputation grow. 

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3362 on: October 23, 2019, 09:04:17 PM »

I'll have to disagree with you on that...Vader Setting the Moff's in their places,
Shouldn't be that difficult for a Sith Lord

Throwing Palpatine into a wall,
Yoda already did it

pulling fighters out of the sky with The Force,
Starkiller did it, and did it bigger and badder. (nudge nudge Star-Destroyer-killer)

killing Jocasta Nu,
Wouldn't she have died defending the Temple during Order 66?

Eeth Koth and other Jedi.
He never struck me as a good fighter

Cutting limbs off the Inquisitors,
Whatever, the Inqs were bad writing

killing a Kaiju,
We've gone to ripping off Pacific Rim now?

defeating a resurrected Dark Lord from the Old Republic Era
Which only seems like a plug for the to-be released abomination that will inevitably bulldoze everything that was loved about the original O.R.

Sorry, bro. There is precious little that can be said at this point in time that will ever get me excited about the Disney Canon other than "mulligan".

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #3363 on: October 23, 2019, 11:40:29 PM »

Shouldn't be that difficult for a Sith Lord

Wasn't...but he had to get Palpy's blessing and then enact his plans.  It was a joy to see.

Yoda already did it

..and?  Seeing Vader do it was still awesome.

Starkiller did it, and did it bigger and badder. (nudge nudge Star-Destroyer-killer)

That always irked me.... I like starkiller but lets have perspective...Chosen One he's not.  And again..seeing Vader do it is still awesome.

Wouldn't she have died defending the Temple during Order 66?

She escaped with what datacrons she could and began plans to rebuild the order.  She infiltrated the Temple to get to the hidden trove of Force artifacts she was custodian of (which is why Palpatine Wanted her found).  Vader found her and when he entered the chamber the guardian droid IDed him as Anakin Skywalker.  Needles to say Nu was in shock.  when she captured by Troopers she outed Vader to them as Anakin.  Vader then killed the troopers and her.

He never struck me as a good fighter

Still a Jedi Master.  Still a scene of Vader's rage in action.

Whatever, the Inqs were bad writing

I disagree in terms of the idea.  Fallen Jedi serving Palpatine is a great Idea...but the characterizations could have been better.

We've gone to ripping off Pacific Rim now?

Which ripped of Japanese films.  The story was part of a series of how others saw Vader.  In this case it was a primitive planet who were being terrorized by a giant creature.  Vader crashed landed and pissed it off.  He commenced to destroying it and came to be revered as a Dark God to the people.

Which only seems like a plug for the to-be released abomination that will inevitably bulldoze everything that was loved about the original O.R.

Sorry, bro. There is precious little that can be said at this point in time that will ever get me excited about the Disney Canon other than "mulligan".

Maybe...maybe not.  Your choice.  But I feel you're missing some decent Vader stories out of spite at Disney.  Vader is the only character that has come through this unscathed.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3364 on: October 24, 2019, 03:28:35 PM »

Wasn't...but he had to get Palpy's blessing and then enact his plans.  It was a joy to see.
Was never really sure how Moffs acquired that title. I assume based on stories of Tarkin that Moffs were Palp's buddies, and rose to power through nepotism.

..and?  Seeing Vader do it was still awesome.
I assume this resulted in him getting beat like a dog?

That always irked me.... I like starkiller but lets have perspective...Chosen One he's not.  And again..seeing Vader do it is still awesome.
What, that SK was more powerful? It makes sense. Because of the flawed story element of midichlorians determining Force strength, and them residing in cells, Vader is not as powerful as he should be because of the very LARGE number of cells he is missing. (arms, legs, and a good amount of skin and organ damage) The Emperor even stated this in the DS ending of TFU: "Vader was a broken shell of his former self."

She escaped with what datacrons she could and began plans to rebuild the order.  She infiltrated the Temple to get to the hidden trove of Force artifacts she was custodian of (which is why Palpatine Wanted her found).  Vader found her and when he entered the chamber the guardian droid IDed him as Anakin Skywalker.  Needles to say Nu was in shock.  when she captured by Troopers she outed Vader to them as Anakin.  Vader then killed the troopers and her.
1) What exactly is a datacron, and how does it differ from a holocron?
2) Why would the troopers care?
3) Weren't the troopers under Vader's direct command still 501?

Still a Jedi Master.  Still a scene of Vader's rage in action.
So it was more how the scene played out versus who he was actually fighting?

I disagree in terms of the idea.  Fallen Jedi serving Palpatine is a great Idea...but the characterizations could have been better.
Go go Gadget Copter sabers? Poorly fleshed idea = bad. I would have preferred that Vader took center stage in the Rebel hunt.

Which ripped off Japanese films.  The story was part of a series of how others saw Vader.  In this case it was a primitive planet who were being terrorized by a giant creature.  Vader crashed landed and pissed it off.  He commenced to destroying it and came to be revered as a Dark God to the people.
You're using 'kaiju' as a generic term for a leviathon? I can see this arc being a thing, but have always struggled with how long the galaxy has been "charted" and yet there's always more planets are undiscovered with primitive indigenous.

Maybe...maybe not.  Your choice.  But I feel you're missing some decent Vader stories out of spite at Disney.  Vader is the only character that has come through this unscathed.
Comics have never been my thing. They always seemed more prone to shark jumping to justify continued publication. I'd be missing out on them even if the OC hadn't been purged.

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #3365 on: October 24, 2019, 04:28:00 PM »

Was never really sure how Moffs acquired that title. I assume based on stories of Tarkin that Moffs were Palp's buddies, and rose to

More like his Sycophants.  Tarkin was the only one Palpatine respected and needed...which is why he gave Vader explicit orders to not attack Tarkin.

I assume this resulted in him getting beat like a dog?

Hardly.  It was an incident where Palpatine and Vader were shot down on Ryloth due to a Imperial traitor.  Rebel fighters zeroed in on them and since the only ones around were the Imperial Guards Vader and Palpatine let loose with their power.  Vader pulling ships out of the sky and Palps overloading their systems with Lightening.  Needless to say the guards were dumbstruck.

What, that SK was more powerful? It makes sense. Because of the flawed story element of midichlorians determining Force strength, and them residing in cells, Vader is not as powerful as he should be because of the very LARGE number of cells he is missing. (arms, legs, and a good amount of skin and organ damage) The Emperor even stated this in the DS ending of TFU: "Vader was a broken shell of his former self."

Yea, I know Vader is not what he could have been...but having another Force User that level other than Skywalker Bloodline doesn't sit with me. 

1) What exactly is a datacron, and how does it differ from a holocron?
2) Why would the troopers care?
3) Weren't the troopers under Vader's direct command still 501?

1.) Datacrons are a kind of holocron that is used for data storage only and doesn't need Force Power to open.  Fancy USB drives basically.
2.) She outed him as a Jedi...order 66 is still active and he became a target. 
3.) Yes, but these were not Vaders Troops.

So it was more how the scene played out versus who he was actually fighting?

Correct.

Go go Gadget Copter sabers? Poorly fleshed idea = bad. I would have preferred that Vader took center stage in the Rebel hunt.

Like I said...I like the Idea of the Inquisitors...not the execution.  Vader usually does...the Inquisitors are there for when he has a mission from Palpatine and they take up the hunt.

You're using 'kaiju' as a generic term for a leviathon? I can see this arc being a thing, but have always struggled with how long the galaxy has been "charted" and yet there's always more planets are undiscovered with primitive indigenous.

Leviathan (for me) are used to describe Aquatic Creatures...this was a land creature. 

Like I said, The Vader stories were the only things keeping from writing off Star Wars all together.  But if comics ain't your bag then then they ain't your bag.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3366 on: October 24, 2019, 06:21:19 PM »

More like his Sycophants.  Tarkin was the only one Palpatine respected and needed...which is why he gave Vader explicit orders to not attack Tarkin.
Ah.

Hardly.  It was an incident where Palpatine and Vader were shot down on Ryloth due to a Imperial traitor.  Rebel fighters zeroed in on them and since the only ones around were the Imperial Guards, Vader and Palpatine let loose with their power.  Vader pulling ships out of the sky and Palps overloading their systems with Lightening.  Needless to say the guards were dumbstruck.
I can let this pass. But I don't see why they would "let loose", unless by that you mean they lacked support crew an vehicles to take care of the enemy threat, and therefore let the Dark Side do the talking.

Yea, I know Vader is not what he could have been...but having another Force User that level other than Skywalker Bloodline doesn't sit with me. 
Weren't you the saying you'd be happy if Rey weren't a Skywalker? Anyway, the better way of using the midichlorians as a measurable way see Force power would have been to say that they are attracted to Force energy, and thrive within beings strong in the Force. In that way, Vader would never had lost any of his potency.

1.) Datacrons are a kind of holocron that is used for data storage only and doesn't need Force Power to open.  Fancy USB drives basically.
2.) She outed him as a Jedi...order 66 is still active and he became a target. 
3.) Yes, but these were not Vaders Troops.
1) ok
2) then how didn't the clones that he led to the temple recognize him facially as a Jedi? It was part of the sales pitch on Kamino, that clones think creatively. Basically they don't merely process hard data. He was also dressed just like a Jedi. Operating as "machines", the clones would have seen Jedi garb + lightsaber + facial recognition of Anakin Skywalker = kill on sight.
3) Weird. And it explains that these troops were never aware of Vader's switchover?

Like I said...I like the Idea of the Inquisitors...not the execution.  Vader usually does...the Inquisitors are there for when he has a mission from Palpatine and they take up the hunt.
You mean more on the level of dark side adepts? I'm not sold on the idea of hardened Jedi being turned. However....it would have made for an excellent throwback story for Ahsoka to be confronted by a fully turned Bariss Offee. And, as much as I hate the Inq sabers, the thought of Pong Krell with 4 of them is a little terrifying.

Leviathan (for me) are used to describe Aquatic Creatures...this was a land creature. 
Research Sorzus Syn. She was one of the original Dark Lords of the Sith. She had a particular knack for creating "battle leviathan"; creatures twisted into monstrous abominations that make a rancor look like it belongs in a petting zoo.

Like I said, The Vader stories were the only things keeping me from writing off Star Wars all together.  But if comics ain't your bag then then they ain't your bag.
I think that's because there was always waaaayyyy more to Vader than the movies ever fleshed out.

Sig by For Tyeth

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 564

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #3367 on: October 24, 2019, 07:18:45 PM »

the thought of Pong Krell with 4 of them is a little terrifying.

This. We need this somehow. IK he's dead and all but I need to see this.

"Easy is the path to wisdom for those only not blinded by themselves."

-Broadside

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #3368 on: October 24, 2019, 07:23:54 PM »

And, as much as I hate the Inq sabers, the thought of Pong Krell with 4 of them is a little terrifying.

From the makers of the "lightsaber" and "lighclub" comes a whole new experience! NEW! THE LIGHTBLENDER!

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #3369 on: October 24, 2019, 08:02:07 PM »

Pong Krell was a beast and I hate his arc was so short.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3370 on: October 24, 2019, 09:06:17 PM »

This. We need this somehow. IK he's dead and all but I need to see this.
Join me in my fight to unpurge the OC, and I can give this to you. And without this kitchy gimmick sabers.

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3371 on: October 29, 2019, 01:44:23 PM »

Thanks for clearing that up. WWII French resistance. That''s what I missed.
'Salright. I am very foggy due to cold. I may not have noticed that I didn't explain it well enough.

I meant in universe. Just as there are no British people IN the Star Wars UNIVERSE. Actors? Obviously.
Technically, the Twi'leks are French. Listen to the accent they're given in the cartoons. Also, you have to have heard of the British Empire. Tongue

Sig by For Tyeth

Bob Loblaw
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 102

« Reply #3372 on: October 29, 2019, 02:16:00 PM »

'Salright. I am very foggy due to cold. I may not have noticed that I didn't explain it well enough.
I hope you start feeling better soon.

You explained it just fine. I said I must have missed something. That thing is a better memory. Particularly when it comes to WWI and II history.

Technically, the Twi'leks are French. Listen to the accent they're given in the cartoons.
So is Kenobi (the character) British?

Also, you have to have heard of the British Empire. Tongue
Never. Tell me all about it please. Roll Eyes

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #3373 on: October 29, 2019, 05:08:03 PM »

I hope you start feeling better soon.

You explained it just fine. I said I must have missed something. That thing is a better memory. Particularly when it comes to WWI and II history.
So is Kenobi (the character) British?
Never. Tell me all about it please. Roll Eyes

Yea, they explain in the Extra Material the "British" accents are Core World accents.  Funny enough, Carrie Fisher was effecting a slight British Accent when she was speaking to Tarkin that vanished later in the Film.  One of the books had her mention she did this to mock him.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3374 on: October 29, 2019, 05:39:48 PM »

Yea, they explain in the Extra Material the "British" accents are Core World accents.  Funny enough, Carrie Fisher was effecting a slight British Accent when she was speaking to Tarkin that vanished later in the Film.  One of the books had her mention she did this to mock him.
HA

also this

Sig by For Tyeth

Pages: 1 ... 223 224 [225] 226 227 ... 263   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: