Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 62   Go Down
Author Topic: The Star Wars LEGO Thread  (Read 245723 times)
shade_1313
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 766

« Reply #600 on: June 01, 2016, 05:25:45 PM »

It's a nice set, but I wish they'd put in more snowtroopers.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #601 on: June 01, 2016, 05:33:45 PM »

It's a nice set, but I wish they'd put in more snowtroopers.

True

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #602 on: June 09, 2016, 08:29:43 PM »

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

shade_1313
Knight Commander

« Reply #603 on: June 29, 2016, 10:58:27 PM »

The new A-Wing is a massive departure from the previous version.  But, I suppose that's to be expected, since they retconned the A-Wing to not be a wholly rebel designed fighter and this new LEGO version represents a non-modified version from the Rebels TV show.  It's got one of the most clever trigger setups for the shooters built into the nose that I've yet seen, though.  The center section of the fuselage moves back, bringing the tail ends of the projectiles into contact with two offset slanted surfaces buried inside the ship, launching them one after the other.  Very clever indeed.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #604 on: June 30, 2016, 03:19:33 PM »

The new A-Wing is a massive departure from the previous version.  But, I suppose that's to be expected, since they retconned the A-Wing to not be a wholly rebel designed fighter and this new LEGO version represents a non-modified version from the Rebels TV show.  It's got one of the most clever trigger setups for the shooters built into the nose that I've yet seen, though.  The center section of the fuselage moves back, bringing the tail ends of the projectiles into contact with two offset slanted surfaces buried inside the ship, launching them one after the other.  Very clever indeed.

The A-Wings used in SWR are actually the original designs from the concept art, done back in the 80's.

I actually have this image in a giant book of behind-the-scenes stuff from the OT.

It is highly unlikely that the Rebels had specialized craft manufactured, and were merely buying what was already on the market, or rather using the leftovers of older military forces (i.e. Y-Wings).

Also....Look familiar?

Sig by For Tyeth

shade_1313
Knight Commander

« Reply #605 on: June 30, 2016, 04:57:57 PM »

It is highly unlikely that the Rebels had specialized craft manufactured, and were merely buying what was already on the market, or rather using the leftovers of older military forces (i.e. Y-Wings).

And yet, that's what the back story of it was, in what is now "Legends".  

"To design the starfighter, Dodonna turned to Walex Blissex, famed ex-Kuat Systems Engineering engineer. Blissex brought valuable experience from work on the Clone Wars-era Delta-7 Aetherspite-class light interceptor and Alpha-3 interceptors. The pair based initial designs on the R-22 Spearhead, already nicknamed by pilots as "A-wings" per the -wing naming convention for other Rebel craft, of which two had fought at Yavin. They formed Alliance Underground Engineering,[15] and worked with pilot Jake Farrell[18] in improving a Tammuz-an design.[15] It was additionally based off the Delta-7.[1]

Dodonna and Blissex presented a proposal to Chief of State Mon Mothma[source?] for official support. It was ill-timed. The victory at Yavin incited open rebellion on thousands of worlds, resulting in widespread Imperial suppression. The Alliance was scattered, and had insufficient funds for the proposed A-wing program. Nevertheless, Dodonna's fame from his role at Yavin made a denial difficult, and Mothma approved with reduced funding.

The reduced budget forced Dodonna and Blissex to substantially modify the original design. Blissex redrafted to use components readily available from Ordnance and Supply Command, pushing each beyond factory specifications.

The earliest A-wings were hand-assembled at Alliance facilities like Cardooine and Chardaan Shipyards. This resulted in interesting modifications; some fighters incorporated actual wood furnishings for the cockpit interior, such as the one that Rogue Squadron pilot Tycho Celchu flew during the Battle of Endor.[8] In 0 ABY, the Soaring Dactillionss were assigned the prototypes to fly at the Cardooine Rebel base. After a week, they came under attack by the Empire, and the Dactillions flew the fighter in battle. Although they proved that the starfighter had superb qualities, only two of the pilots survived.[20] "

Not built completely from scratch, they used a lot of off-the-shelf components (much like the F-117's development), and took inspiration from a bunch of different, older ships, but before the new canon, A-wings were designed and built by the Rebel Alliance, not one of the established manufacturers.

All that said, I do find the new canon origins of the A-Wing more credible and satisfactory, although I'm not thrilled that (if the write up in wookiepedia is accurate) they've changed the specs to make it so the Rebel A-Wings have had their shields removed, when previously the A-Wings in the RA fleet did have shielding.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #606 on: June 30, 2016, 05:19:39 PM »

We'll continue this in Random Star Wars Thoughts.

Sig by For Tyeth

Grey Owl
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 81

We don't like Star Wars, we live for Star Wars.

« Reply #607 on: July 05, 2016, 01:42:03 AM »

I was at wal-mart and this fell into my cart. Roll Eyes

I am gonna kill the set designer of the lego company. There were more stickers than legos. It was worth it though.

Dark sentinel LE(blazing red)

Grey Owl
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 81

We don't like Star Wars, we live for Star Wars.

« Reply #608 on: July 05, 2016, 01:44:30 AM »

This is next on the wishlist.

Dark sentinel LE(blazing red)

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 3214

You can't take the sky from me....

« Reply #609 on: July 05, 2016, 05:37:33 AM »

I am gonna kill the set designer of the lego company. There were more stickers than legos. It was worth it though.

Got that the other day coz it was 25% off Smiley

I do like that the stickers were numbered though, makes it clearer

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #610 on: July 05, 2016, 04:16:41 PM »

This is next on the wishlist.

Got that one way back. It was alright

Sig by For Tyeth

kewlkev360
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 232

« Reply #611 on: July 05, 2016, 04:34:25 PM »

I have Anakin's version with the lava platforms from the duel scene.

shade_1313
Knight Commander

« Reply #612 on: July 05, 2016, 04:37:14 PM »

Yeah, I got that one last week, built it on Saturday.

It would have been nice if the stickers hadn't gotten half crumpled to oblivion, but I got them to work.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #613 on: July 05, 2016, 04:45:55 PM »

Yeah, I got that one last week, built it on Saturday.

It would have been nice if the stickers hadn't gotten half crumpled to oblivion, but I got them to work.

I've been pretty pleased with their customer support. Give 'em a call and request a replacement sheet.

Sig by For Tyeth

shade_1313
Knight Commander

« Reply #614 on: July 05, 2016, 05:09:21 PM »

I've been pretty pleased with their customer support. Give 'em a call and request a replacement sheet.

I'm not stressed about it, the stickers all worked, just a little extra care was needed in placing them, since they wouldn't exactly stay flat until stuck down.

In other news, I think we'll be solving a lot of the problems I have with finding room to display my LEGO stuff, so I went to start building my UCS Slave I...and I can't find the directions.   Undecided

They'll turn up, though.

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 62   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: