Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: ‘X-Men: Apocalypse’ is an 80s Period Piece; New ‘Days of Future Past’ Images  (Read 6484 times)
Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« on: March 14, 2014, 08:30:49 PM »

In a recent interview, X-Men: Days of Future Past director Bryan Singer said that the movie has 26 main characters, and it’s a statement that’s pretty easy to believe looking at the cast list. The 1970s characters share screen time with 21st century heroes and there are a number of new characters being introduced – both into the X-Men and the Brotherhood of Mutants.

Add to that a time travel/alternate timeline plot that is designed to rectify the continuity errors within the franchise, and X-Men: Days of Future Past is left with a lot to accomplish. This could either be the best entry in the series so far, or the messiest.

With just two months left to go before X-Men: Days of Future Past helps to kick off the summer box office, the latest issue of Total Film has a 10-page feature on the movie complete with seven new images and two covers showing the young and old versions of Magneto and Professor Xavier, side-by-side.

At this point it’s difficult to glean anything new about the plot of X-Men: Days of Future Past from these images (the still of Bolivar Trask and William Stryker is almost exactly the same as another image that was released, just taken from a slightly different angle). At this point we have a fairly comprehensive gallery of mutants standing around looking slightly unhappy, but it remains to be seen how they will all fit into the story.

One X-Men project that still remains largely a mystery is X-Men: Apocalypse. Set for release in 2016, X-Men: Apocalypse will be a direct sequel to X-Men: Days of Future Past, rather than a spin-off movie, and Singer has said that the events of Days of Future Past will bring about Apocalypse (that’s a little ominous).

Singer elaborated a little on the plot and setting of X-Men: Apocalypse in his interview with TF:

“We’re going to deal the the notion of ancient mutants – the fact they were born and existed thousands of years ago. But it’ll be a contemporary movie – well, it’ll take place in the ’80s… The ’80s is a period now – it’s hard for me to believe that! Apocalypse will have more of the mass destruction that X-Men films, to date, have not relied upon. There’s definitely now a character and a story that allow room for that kind of spectacle. We’re currently breaking the story. We’re almost ready to go. Dan Harris, Michael Dougherty and Simon Kinberg are in the office across the street from me, working on story stuff right now. It’s great to have Dan and Michael back.”

X-Men: First Class featured both younger versions of the characters seen in the first three X-Men movies and new characters who had never been seen on the screen before. According to Singer, X-Men: Apocalypse will once again introduce younger versions of characters who haven’t yet appeared in the prequel storyline (like Cyclops, for example).

“I don’t want to get too specific, but we’ll introduce familiar characters in a younger time. That’ll be fun to show the audience. I call these movies in-between-quels. It’s a mind-f**k sometimes in terms of where things fall in the timeline!”

We know how feel, Bryan Singer. We know how you feel.

X-Men: Days of Future Past is out in theaters on May 23, 2014. X-Men: Apocalypse will release in theaters on May 27th, 2016.

Sauce: http://screenrant.com/x-men-days-future-past-images-apocalypse/
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 08:34:34 PM by Kham-Ryn Kurios » Logged

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1884

Martial artist, fabricator, chef, resident Ortolan

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2014, 09:50:37 PM »

I welcome any X-Man film and I support this one whole heartedly  Cheesy

Light side points please Smiley

RLYHYPERGUY
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 178

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2014, 10:22:18 PM »

Seeing Kitty do the time-travel thing on Bishop makes me wish he was the main character instead. As much as I love Wolverine (and Hugh Jackman's portrayal), I'm kind of tired of him.  Undecided

I'm still looking forward to the movie (Bishop is one of my favorite X-Men and I'm ridiculously excited to see him!!!), but I really wish they would give other characters the spotlight.

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 473

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2014, 12:36:12 AM »

I just don't really care anymore. I'll rent it on Redbox or something.

Undecided

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1884

Martial artist, fabricator, chef, resident Ortolan

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2014, 03:39:47 AM »

Undecided

Welcome our newest X-Man...Apathy...he has the ability to just really don't care, causing others to just don't care...chronic, critical, and catastrophic lack of caring...he gives others a sad.

Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 03:51:02 AM by Master Rel » Logged

Light side points please Smiley

Darth Severus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -141

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2014, 03:47:24 AM »

Undecided

I have enjoyed the last three X-Men movies, and like the first two alot. The Last Stand was a giant hunk of pooh storyline wise but still had some moments.

I am really excited by Days of Future Past and it they made an Apocalypse or anything based on the 80's comics they would get me to a midnight showing for the first time since the last Harry Potter movie hit the theatres.

It is not the side of the force we chose, but our actions that define us.
Dark Liberator-AS
Phantasm Staff -DVA

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2014, 11:27:11 PM »

^First Class is my #1 favorite so far... it was very well done, especially compared to the others. The first two were great as well, however. Last Stand was pretty good as well... though I'm pretty sure I liked it more than most people. Still, the actual Last Stand bit (as in, the final battle) could have been done so much better, IMO. It was still good, but it should have been handled with quite a bit more gravitas to really make it special... if that makes any sense. As it stands, it was just simply good.

Origins: Wolverine was a huge pile of dog poo, and I skipped The Wolverine because he's already gotten far too much screen time, so I'm pretty sick of him. I'd rather have a solo-movie for Iceman or Colossus or Kitty Pryde.

Days of Future Past seems cool and all, and I was pretty excited to start with considering how much I enjoyed First Class, 1, and 2. But finding out that Wolverine would once again be the main star of the show was a major turn-off. That, and the whole thing just seems bland compared to the other offerings we'll be receiving... Guardians of the Galaxy, Amazing Spider-Man 2, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, etc.

RLYHYPERGUY
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 178

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2014, 11:43:09 PM »

^First Class is my #1 favorite so far... it was very well done, especially compared to the others. The first two were great as well, however. Last Stand was pretty good as well... though I'm pretty sure I liked it more than most people. Still, the actual Last Stand bit (as in, the final battle) could have been done so much better, IMO. It was still good, but it should have been handled with quite a bit more gravitas to really make it special... if that makes any sense. As it stands, it was just simply good.

Origins: Wolverine was a huge pile of dog poo, and I skipped The Wolverine because he's already gotten far too much screen time, so I'm pretty sick of him. I'd rather have a solo-movie for Iceman or Colossus or Kitty Pryde.

Days of Future Past seems cool and all, and I was pretty excited to start with considering how much I enjoyed First Class, 1, and 2. But finding out that Wolverine would once again be the main star of the show was a major turn-off. That, and the whole thing just seems bland compared to the other offerings we'll be receiving... Guardians of the Galaxy, Amazing Spider-Man 2, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, etc.

Pretty much my exact thoughts as well, except I saw The Wolverine.

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2014, 03:48:34 AM »

^ *brofist*

Darth Severus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -141

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2014, 05:13:18 AM »

Not that I agree with the decision but Wolverine is the x-men in the studios eyes as they stated there will not be a X-man film with out him. the go f' yourself cameo a brilliant work around.

I agree Wolverine is one of my least favorite X-men but you lose all credibility when you mention the worst Superhero of all time in Captain America.

It is not the side of the force we chose, but our actions that define us.
Dark Liberator-AS
Phantasm Staff -DVA

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2014, 05:56:09 AM »

^ Yeah, that scene was pretty funny. It gave me a good laugh Smiley

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2014, 03:54:02 PM »

I'm hoping that one day we will get to hear a version of the X-Men animated series theme song in any X-Men film.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 04:32:46 PM by Kham-Ryn Kurios » Logged

‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Master Bluespike74
Guardian Prime
Vanguard of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 977

As long as there is light, I will be here.

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2014, 04:16:58 PM »

I'm hoping that one day we will get to hear a version of the X-Men animated series theme song, in an X-Men film.

You and me both. 

Seeing some stand alone movies of other characters would be really cool as well.  I would love to see Gambit get some more screen time.  Of course I am always going to be biased toward any character that has a love of card games and carries a staff.

Gambit is pretty much a reflection of me in many ways. 

Guided by the Aing Tii Monks

Shodan in Shaolin Kempo Karate/Kung Fu/Jiu Jitsu

Yes, I am a color:  BLUE

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2014, 08:11:49 PM »

I just want to see an Iceman movie simply because Shawn Ashmore is a badass in my eyes. Other than that, I've never read a single X-Men comic, so I'm not sure who would have the best material for a solo movie. But still... ICEMAN!

I'm hoping that one day we will get to hear a version of the X-Men animated series theme song in any X-Men film.

I LOVE that theme.

Fun fact: The man who created that theme was Ron Wasserman, the same guy who created the original "Go, Go Power Rangers!" theme, among other things.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 08:15:14 PM by TheHobbitofDune » Logged

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2014, 08:32:19 PM »

You and me both. 

Seeing some stand alone movies of other characters would be really cool as well.  I would love to see Gambit get some more screen time.  Of course I am always going to be biased toward any character that has a love of card games and carries a staff.

Gambit is pretty much a reflection of me in many ways. 

I doubt he will be used, but I think seeing Gambit in the proposed 'X-Force' film would be awesome.

I LOVE that theme.

Fun fact: The man who created that theme was Ron Wasserman, the same guy who created the original "Go, Go Power Rangers!" theme, among other things.

+1

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: