Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: ‘X-Men: Days of Future Past’ Trailer #2: The Greatest Battle Begins  (Read 2865 times)
Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« on: March 24, 2014, 03:48:40 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6acRHWnfZAE" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6acRHWnfZAE</a>

For a summer blockbuster that’s been labeled the most expensive superhero film of all-time, it’s odd that we haven’t see a new trailer for X-Men: Days of Future Past since October. And that trailer we did see was just the same footage we already saw at San Diego Comic-Con last summer.

We knew that because of the extensive special effects requirements and post-production work that it’d be a while before movieogers could see the returning X-Men take part in action sequences. Last week, a brief Instagram teaser promised more Days of Future Past content; it didn’t reveal anything new about the story from director Bryan Singer and writer Simon Kinberg nor anything beyond the major reveal of 25 character posters, so we’ve still been waiting to see a trailer where the X-Men of the past and future fight, and fight against Sentinels. Now that time has finally come.

From Sentinels old and new and a man with metal skin, to Sunspot’s fiery transformation to Iceman’s infamous ice slide, this one has all the key mutant superhero powers we know and love from the pages of the X-Men comics, with plenty of dark and brooding story and emotion to go with it. the second full-length Days of Future Past trailer washes away our fears about special effects, and hints that Singer may be delivering the best action of his career – now we wait to see if the award-winning cast has a worthy story to tell.

Twentieth Century Fox is banking hard on X-Men: Days of Future Past potentially relaunching the franchise and having it earn comparable box office results as its competition from Disney, Sony and Warner Bros.

Can they succeed? Let us know your thoughts on the new trailer and status of the franchise in the comments!

Bryan Singer directs X-Men: Days of Future Past with newcomers Peter Dinklage, Omar Sy, Boo Boo Stewart, Fan Bingbing, Evan Peters, Adan Canto, Josh Helman, Evan Jonigkeit along with returning stars Jennifer Lawrence, Michael Fassbender, James McAvoy, Nicholas Hoult, Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellen, Hugh Jackman, Anna Paquin, Ellen Page, Shawn Ashmore, Halle Berry, Lucas Till, and Daniel Cudmore.

X-Men: Days of Future Past arrives in U.S. theaters on May 23rd, 2014, followed by Fantastic Four on June 19th, 2015, X-Men: Apocalypse on May 27th, 2016, The Wolverine 3 (not the official title) on March 3rd, 2017, Fantastic Four 2 on July 14th, 2017, and an unspecified Marvel film on July 13th, 2018.

Sauce: http://screenrant.com/x-men-days-of-future-past-movie-trailer/

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2014, 03:56:53 PM »

I know a few of you are going to be tickled pink by what they teased in the trailer.

They conveyed a tone that we haven't seen in the X-Men movies to date.

The stakes are higher than they have ever been and I'm pretty sure more than a few mutants aren't going to make it.

« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 04:42:06 PM by Kham-Ryn Kurios » Logged

‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Darth_Phobius47
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -176

Hawkbat 5

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2014, 04:40:50 PM »

By Stan Lee's mustache! This is gonna be AWESOME!!!! Never before have I been so excited to see an X-Men movie. Only the Avengers has ever had me this excited!

My Arsenal

Dark Arbiter w/sound custom~EG/AS
Dark Standard v3~FO
Dark Liberator v3 (bro)~CG
Initiate v3 (sis)~VA
Grab Bag: Dark SI v3 vert grooves~BR
Consular w/sound~BR/FO
Menace SE w/sound~CG/FO
Raffle prizes: Graflex w/sound~GB/AS
                    Malice w/sound~BR/VA

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1884

Martial artist, fabricator, chef, resident Ortolan

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2014, 05:17:59 PM »

I just peed...I just peed myself.  I peed myself from an overwhelming sense of relief and anticipation.

I just peed myself...and I am glad.

This...this trailer...this movie...we...me, myself, and I...we approve and applaud this movie.

I now stand...I now stand in pee saturated shorts, and little else...I stand and salute.

Rise with me my fellow mutants, and those unfortunate melancholy morose mundanes that surround us, and let the future know that the reckoning began...in the past...in this place...at this time...with these pee soaked shorts...these shorts and my tears of joy.

My X-Men dreams are being realized...I am at peace.

This...we approve of this.

Excelsior!

Light side points please Smiley

RLYHYPERGUY
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 178

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2014, 09:27:50 PM »

Good trailer.  Smiley

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2014, 09:29:59 PM »

I give it 5 stars or "So awesome it made, Rel wet himself."

Prowl 1701
Mentor of the Prophecy Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 830

We're all just dreams in the end...

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2014, 09:46:46 PM »

I need a towel...

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2014, 09:51:48 PM »

I need a towel...

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 473

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2014, 10:03:13 PM »

“Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow has not yet come. We have only today. Let us begin.”
― Mother Teresa

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2014, 11:08:56 PM »

Did... did I see Nimrod?

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Darth_Phobius47
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -176

Hawkbat 5

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2014, 12:10:50 AM »

2001-2010, the Dawn of the Comic Book Blockbuster. 2011-2020, the Age of Comic Book Blockbusters! 2021-2030, who knows?

Ladies and gentlemen, these are truly the Days of Future Past. Marvel/DC Golden Age of Cinema!

My Arsenal

Dark Arbiter w/sound custom~EG/AS
Dark Standard v3~FO
Dark Liberator v3 (bro)~CG
Initiate v3 (sis)~VA
Grab Bag: Dark SI v3 vert grooves~BR
Consular w/sound~BR/FO
Menace SE w/sound~CG/FO
Raffle prizes: Graflex w/sound~GB/AS
                    Malice w/sound~BR/VA

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print