Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Author Topic: Everyone Must be Curious: Graflex SE Review  (Read 12141 times)
Drahcir
Keeper of Ancient Artifacts
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -971

Shiny saber you got there, let me fix that.

« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2012, 03:39:40 AM »

Thanks Deep, yeah, I figured that was most likely the cause of the wobble.

I'm just waiting on the wrench. lol

Want your hilt customized? Visit my Thread and I'll do it for you : http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=24643

R2doubleD2
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2012, 04:26:11 AM »

did you take these pics with a regular heavy blade, or with an ultraedge heavy? i know your mainly reviewing the hilt (nice job btw), but i think thats the best pics of AB i've seen so far

[IIIIIII0II{ phantasm staff - gaurdian blue)

[(((((=0={ blue liberator - consular green)

[(_((_((_((-{ force fx luke skywalker - rotj)

Drahcir
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2012, 04:43:59 AM »

Thanks!
The pics are of it with an ultraedge heavy grade blade in it.

Want your hilt customized? Visit my Thread and I'll do it for you : http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=24643

R2doubleD2
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2012, 05:00:11 AM »

i never gave that color much thought until now, these pics definatly turned up the drool-factor. its a deeper blue than i thought it was

[IIIIIII0II{ phantasm staff - gaurdian blue)

[(((((=0={ blue liberator - consular green)

[(_((_((_((-{ force fx luke skywalker - rotj)

Drahcir
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2012, 05:51:01 AM »

It's a really nice blue without being overwhelmingly dark like the guardian blue, I love it.

UKBlader1965
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2012, 02:30:23 PM »

Got my Graflex SE on Friday.

It's a really nice saber and I especially like the switch box.

I did have a minor problem as the emitter was quite loose, and it and the LED rattled when in motion.

Luckily I was able to fix this by removing the button covers top and bottom and adding a small piece of packing to hold the LED tight under the emitter. Then I made sure screws were really tight before re-attaching the buttons.

As the blade sits only about an inch inside the emitter I think it's important that there's no movement.

Well, I received my Graflex SE in Arctic Blue late yesterday and I believe it's time for my review.

Cosmetic: 10/10

This hilt is down right gorgeous and I could not be more impressed with it, it follows the Graflex look well, while still being unique. The different take on the control box in particular looks really nice in person, more so than you can tell in any of the pictures. The SE without nickel just seems really fitting for this saber as well. I decided to go with the new, non LED switch, and I like it, it seems really elegant and flows well with the saber.

Practical Use: 8/10
I'm going to say this is just my first impression of the hilt as I haven't done any heavy dueling with it.

The hilt seems pretty solid, I noticed a slight wobble around the emitter when I swung it hard, but it was nothing of significance and upon looking at it closer it was nothing to worry about.

The gripping is hard plastic and connected on the inside so the likely hood of it coming off during use is pretty slim.

One thing I noticed, however, is that this saber seems like it would be better for single handed use. The gripping is rather large so unless you have big hands, can be kind of cumbersome to hold. Furthermore, because it is hard plastic, hard hits could be painful if holding it too tight there.  That being said it can still be held by the gripping and it's by no means a single handed hilt exclusively.

The balance of the saber is down right amazing, with a 32 inch heavy grade blade the balance point is directly above the emitter partially touching it. It is very easy to swing around and I've had no issues spinning it.

Color: 10/10
Like I said, I got it in Arctic Blue and the color, as many of you know, is phenomenal.

That's really all I have to say right now, if you have any questions I will do my best to answer them.
Also, if you want pictures of anything in particular I can try and get a picture of it for you.

And now, have some pictures:

Drahcir
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2012, 05:57:09 PM »

the LED in mine doesn't rattle at all, my issue is just that the blade was a bit loose.

Jedi Outcast
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2012, 06:17:48 PM »

So how is the recharge system set up? Is the board attached to the battery pack? Does the battery pack use Ultrafires? If so, what's the mAh rating of the battery pack? I'm really interested in this, but want to know as much as I can about it.

BenPass
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 690

Jedi Consular

« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2012, 08:40:52 PM »

The recharge is just that you remove the batteries and put them in the included charger. The batteries are Trustfires and they are 900mAH 3.7V.

Hope that helps!

EDIT - the soundboard is attached to the battery pack.

May the Force be with me? Sure! It can come along!
"Lux triumphat super obscurum" - "Light triumphs over darkness"

Drahcir
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2012, 10:55:40 PM »

Thanks Ben.

Drahcir
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2012, 11:22:29 PM »

I borrowed a wrench so that I could take out the blade so I figured I'd take a few more pictures.

Blade Plug Visible:

To give you a sense of scale:

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2012, 11:27:20 PM »

Can't wait to get my Graflex. Cheesy I will probably be getting mine the first week of June if I'm lucky. Maybe its just first production issues of the blade holder wobblyness? Hope mine turns out ok.

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Luna
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 550

This land is peaceful, its inhabitants kind...

« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2012, 11:49:04 PM »

Can't wait to get my Graflex. Cheesy I will probably be getting mine the first week of June if I'm lucky. Maybe its just first production issues of the blade holder wobblyness? Hope mine turns out ok.

The blade wobbling was not a production issue, as explained previously on this very thread (by Deep, no less)....

no

Belltower
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -5

Yesss.. I can feel your anger, gives you focus.

« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2012, 02:01:04 AM »

out of curiousness did you happen to get yours with sound? Im having a really hard time debating if i want one with sound or not. 

"Say what again! Go ahead i dare you."

BenPass
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 690

Jedi Consular

« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2012, 02:10:27 AM »

out of curiousness did you happen to get yours with sound? Im having a really hard time debating if i want one with sound or not. 

*Waves hand* You want sound. You must always purchase sound with your Ultra Saber.

May the Force be with me? Sure! It can come along!
"Lux triumphat super obscurum" - "Light triumphs over darkness"

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: