Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Grab Bag: A New Hilt  (Read 2758 times)
Hake Felflame
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -32

Mad Warlock

« on: May 25, 2012, 04:41:33 AM »

A long long time... nah I'm kidding, this was only a couple weeks ago.

I had only received my first US (CG Dominix v3LE) and was already getting the itch to get it another one. Since I'm terribly indecisive sometimes (and also having to budget on a monthly salary means I was... not swimming in spare cash), I decided to go with a grab bag saber, since I had seen a few forum threads about recent grab bag trends and liked what I saw.

I placed my order for a grab bag with a midgrade on a Friday. Now since I only live about half an hour drive from US HQ (East Bay what up Cheesy), I figured I'd have it delivered to me at work and it would only take a day to get there via UPS. This may have been partially to blame for what happened next...

The Courier Strikes Back

Since my saber shipment only needed to go about 20 miles but get delivered on Monday to my office, the package ended up sitting in a UPS terminal for two days. Come Monday just before lunch, UPS pulls up at my office with my package, but all was not what it appeared to be.

The box has been damaged! This could be disastrous! I quickly pop open the end of the box to see the hilt.

Aha! A blue anodized SI with vertical grooves, with a guardian blue LED.. and it does not appear to be damaged! This will do nicely, but further in...

Tragedy strikes! The blade has been crushed pretty thoroughly. My guess is that something heavy landed on the box and sat there for some time over the weekend. I took these pictures and immediately contacted US to report what happened. Emory was very helpful and quick to get a resolution rolling. A replacement blade was shipped out and the pictures forwarded to UPS for the damage claim.

Return of the Midgrade

Within a few hours, UPS had resolved the damage claim (likely because the pictures were pretty obvious). Two days later, UPS returns to my office with another long box. I held my breath for a moment while opening it, as this box too had been damaged in transit. Yet victory over the courier had been achieved! The replacement blade had arrived unscathed. and my SI was whole once again!

I really like how light the hilt is, and it's pretty nicely balanced compared to the bit heavier Dominix hilt. Now I'm considering requesting a second grab bag to match this one and turning it into a staff...  Grin

And one last shot side-by-side with my Dominix.

Let it be said that great customer service goes a long way.

CG Dominix v3 LE - "Voltai"
VA Phantasm Initiate v3 - "Catlissa"
Saberforge Dark Lord Relic (NB) - "Sloofum"
Saberforge Gladius - "Belgrave"

digitalsithlord
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -165

Give into your Anger...Give me "Darkside" points..

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2012, 10:24:10 AM »

WOW!  That is so cool you finally got your saber intact and can enjoy it.  What the heck could they have let fall on this blade, I mean these blades can take abuse.  Judging by your photos it was something pretty heavy.  I use to work for UPS years back and shudder every time I have to deal with them.  Your saber looks great!  About a week ago I got my first US saber, a grab bag, that turned out to be a red anodized Liberator v2.  Love the Dominix!  I was thinking on that for my possible next one or a Dark Initiate v3  not sure still trying to decide, I have large hands so unsure.  Congrats on the saber!!!  Looks awesome!  Got to love Emory and Deep, they go all out for their customers!

Lightsaber Arsenal:
Red Liberator - GB
Prophecy v2 - AS
Bellicose - BR
Archon V2.1 - CG
Crimson Reaper - BR
Dark Monarch -BR
Aeon v3 - SY
Malice - BR
Aeon v2 - AS
Dominix v2- VA
Dark War Glaive - DVA

Stephen Strange
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -40

The Netherlands, The Hague

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2012, 10:35:59 AM »

a short distance and two heavy damaged boxes!!!! WTF is UPS doing with those things!!!

I had a perfect condition box half a world away for four different shipments...

¶█╬╬╬╬╬╬(o)█|{███████████████████████████████████████)

Dark War Glaive (BR, Dark Catalyst Pommel)
Guardian (GB, Dark War Glaive Pommel)
Bellicose (CG, Bronze)

Luna
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 550

This land is peaceful, its inhabitants kind...

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2012, 11:54:03 AM »

Great review! Cheesy Glad you finally got your blade intact, but UPS must've had a fun time throwing boulders on those boxes....

no

batty53
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 2

May the force be with you..... Always.....

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2012, 02:44:12 PM »

Just more proof of how much I don't deal with UPS and how much better United States Postal Service is so much better!!  I live in Canada and had mine shipped USPS and it arrived in a few days (4 I think) and the box was totally pristine!!  I love my Dark war Glave and can't wait to order a grab bag next.

May the Force be with you
batty53

Aus_Jedi_Killer
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 3

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2012, 03:51:09 PM »

Kudos on a very well written post mate Smiley I feel like i just lived through the OT again  Grin

Hake Felflame
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -32

Mad Warlock

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2012, 02:24:28 AM »

The condition of both boxes certainly surprised me, since when I got my Dominix a few weeks prior, the box was in great shape. Not sure if it was a particular depot or a handler that handled it on it's way to my office but doesn't touch it when it gets delivered to my home.

CG Dominix v3 LE - "Voltai"
VA Phantasm Initiate v3 - "Catlissa"
Saberforge Dark Lord Relic (NB) - "Sloofum"
Saberforge Gladius - "Belgrave"

KashiAtaru
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 21

Size matters not, only skill.

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2012, 03:49:34 AM »

Congrats on ur new saber! Which side you prefer? Dark or light?

LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE! Cheesy
CG Aggressor-"Tank"
AB Dark Standard Issue-"Blue Fire"
VA Dark Standard Issue-"Glitch"
BR Red Anodized Elder-"Lygnan"
Anakin Skywalker ROTS Force FX
Luke Skywalker ROTJ Master Replica

CZ3RO
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -178

"There were lessons the Jedi couldn't teach me."

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2012, 05:46:50 PM »

Wow, they really murdered that box.  I get that a bazillion packages go through their system, but seriously, have a little care with a big long box - if the contents were bendy, they would have been shipped in a square box...   o_O

.ZERO.

"The Jedi and their 'Order' betrayed the Chancellor and the Republic - hunting them down isn't about revenge; this is justice."
- Fane Cinden, Imperial Inquisitioner

JediShadow
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 43

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2012, 05:14:03 AM »

Loved the play by play. I seriously thought I was the poor saber in the box Wink Point to you!

"Twinkle" - GB Blue Standard Issue v2
"Icingdeath" - AB Dominix LE v3
SRD Aeon v3
PO Monarch
BR Phantom Initiate v3
AS Dark Liberator v3
CG Dominix v2

Spidey088
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 40

Jedi Master

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2012, 05:51:42 AM »

Just got my dominix v2 le. And amazingly ups didnt jack it up. It was in perfect condition.

There is no emotion, there is peace
There is no ignorance, there is knowledge
There is no passion, there is serenity
There is no death, there is the force
I'd appreciate lightside points.

digitalsithlord
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -165

Give into your Anger...Give me "Darkside" points..

« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2012, 11:30:43 PM »

The Force was with you Spidey Smiley

Lightsaber Arsenal:
Red Liberator - GB
Prophecy v2 - AS
Bellicose - BR
Archon V2.1 - CG
Crimson Reaper - BR
Dark Monarch -BR
Aeon v3 - SY
Malice - BR
Aeon v2 - AS