Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Day one issues  (Read 3065 times)
Carhoooun
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 0

« on: September 21, 2014, 06:52:40 AM »

Hi guys! First time Saber owner, just got my Flame Orange dark mantis today and boy was I happy, until a fellow ultrasaber owner and I tapped blades for fun (lightly, mainly for the sounds and nerdiness) the tip decides to fly off into the woods. Ordered a new one, thats fine. Now as I sit here at home I unlock the blade to slide in the plug until I get the tip and the red LED decides to quit out when I turn it back on and now its green. I would really like to be pointed into the right direction as to what to do because so far my 360$ isn't looking well spent.

(Again I'm new so if this isn't Technical then please move to right thread, I'm just desperate for a quick answer)

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2014, 06:22:57 PM »

Probably just loose wiring on the main LED possibly, it happens. If it would be an easy fix for you I say go for it.

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Carhoooun
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2014, 08:34:58 PM »

Had a feeling, honestly im not comfortable to void the warranty and do it, could I just send it in to them and get it repaired?
I do not own a soldering iron nor have experience with wires. More of a computer tech.

Relan Tarel jedi kinght
Forge Technician
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2014, 09:19:30 PM »

Contact emory at [email protected] he will tell you everything you need including if it needs to be sent back and repared

<a href="http://www.enjin.com/" alt="swtor guild hosting">[img width= height=]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-swtor/bbc902d3fb690dcb.png[/img][/url]
Custom saber-Vigilance

gebhac
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 18

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2014, 11:16:30 PM »

From what I've seen in other threads, reattaching the tips requires a little glue after cleaning where the tip attaches to the blade.  Unless you completely broke the blade, you shouldn't have too much trouble with that.

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 459

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2014, 01:32:52 PM »

The same thing happened on my Mantis.  One of the wires to the LED came loose.  I sent my LED module in (had quick disconnects) and they fixed it up for me.  Just contact Emory at the e-mail already posted and he should get you set up. 

I felt a great disturbance in the force as if millions of nerds cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

Carhoooun
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2014, 07:50:07 PM »

The same thing happened on my Mantis.  One of the wires to the LED came loose.  I sent my LED module in (had quick disconnects) and they fixed it up for me.  Just contact Emory at the e-mail already posted and he should get you set up. 

Glad to see someone experienced the same issue as me! (not really but I don't feel alone now lol) I have contacted Emory and he thinks its a issue with the battery which I have already debunked so I will give him another follow email quoting this thread and hopefully the customer service lives up to the name.

Which by the way Molina, how long did it take to get repaired?

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2014, 07:55:16 PM »

I don't remember for sure but I think it only took a few days to get it back.

By the way, did you happen to charge your batteries before you started using it?  If not then it could be a battery issue.  It is always a good idea to charge them up before any extended use when you first get a new saber.

If it isn't the batteries, you can unscrew the emitter and pull the LED module out.  Pull it out just enough to see the wires and see if one of them came loose somewhere.

I felt a great disturbance in the force as if millions of nerds cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

Carhoooun
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2014, 08:40:37 PM »

I don't remember for sure but I think it only took a few days to get it back.

By the way, did you happen to charge your batteries before you started using it?  If not then it could be a battery issue.  It is always a good idea to charge them up before any extended use when you first get a new saber.

If it isn't the batteries, you can unscrew the emitter and pull the LED module out.  Pull it out just enough to see the wires and see if one of them came loose somewhere.

I started to INCREDIBLY SLOW and felt a gentle resistance so I will refrain from that as it felt like I was twisting a wire. I'll leave it to the experts to fix it as my stomach can't take much more. Its already nerve racking enough just trying to get the batteries out because it feels like I'm about to tear a wire. Sorry I'm a wuss when it comes to high dollar items like this.

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2014, 08:45:54 PM »

I understand.  I wouldn't want to mess up something worth hundreds either.
Were you able to get the batteries out to try recharging them?  Sometimes the battery holders stick a bit and you have to bang the hilt in your hand or gently on carpeted floor to jar it loose.  After re-reading your original post it sounds like you just need to recharge the batteries.

Carhoooun
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2014, 08:55:04 PM »

I understand.  I wouldn't want to mess up something worth hundreds either.
Were you able to get the batteries out to try recharging them?  Sometimes the battery holders stick a bit and you have to bang the hilt in your hand or gently on carpeted floor to jar it loose.  After re-reading your original post it sounds like you just need to recharge the batteries.

Emory suggested the same thing and yes I have charged the batteries overnight and the LED is still green. Wiring seems to be the only issue, if you are able to remove the emitter with no hassle while mine feels like tearing a tendon, its got to be a tangled wire that got yanked during combat/twirling.

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2014, 09:11:37 PM »

I'm sorry your have run into some snags with your first saber.
Ultrasabers customer service is as great as their products.  They should be able to get you fixed up and you will be back to locking blades with your buddies again.   

Carhoooun
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2014, 10:40:59 PM »

I'm sorry your have run into some snags with your first saber.
Ultrasabers customer service is as great as their products.  They should be able to get you fixed up and you will be back to locking blades with your buddies again.   

Just out of curiousity, is Emery the only one who answers emails? Cant imagine how tough that would be.

Relan Tarel jedi kinght
Forge Technician
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2014, 11:53:09 PM »

Just out of curiousity, is Emery the only one who answers emails? Cant imagine how tough that would be.

I don't know if its just him or his staff by proxi. But I ve gotten replys from him at 3:00 am  eastern u.s. time so he would have sent it at 1:00 am his time.

<a href="http://www.enjin.com/" alt="swtor guild hosting">[img width= height=]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-swtor/bbc902d3fb690dcb.png[/img][/url]
Custom saber-Vigilance

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: