Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 624   Go Down
Author Topic: Posting Game 2: Electric Boogaloo  (Read 1280598 times)
Darth Calon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -480

« Reply #630 on: September 05, 2017, 01:22:21 PM »

Do you have a character that says something sometime that is easily quotable? Sort of like mine in my Signature. I would have put it in the Personal Text box, but I like the one that is there way too much.

I have one of my favourites in my Signature. Most of my favourite quotes don't come from Star Wars though, and it's also limited by needing to be very short.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2769

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #631 on: September 05, 2017, 02:54:45 PM »

True, but I find the Sacking of Coruscant made a greater statement about the military might of the Sith. Sidious took over the galaxy through government reform and winning a war that the CIS had already started losing.

Actually he won by playing both sides. "It's called compartmentalization." Tongue

This is starting to get silly again.

We gonna start this again? only with *s this time? Fine, I can play that game too. Wink

************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Seeing as how I'm the only one here with any real stars, we're going to lay down a gentlemen's agreement (even though I'm speaking to boys) that we aren't going to let this thread decline into ludicrous symbol/emoji one-up-manship.

Now that Logos' points seem to finally be back to normal, what should I put as my personal text under my avatar? I had "Once more, the Sith will rule the Galaxy" for the longest time. Actually, it might've been since I joined the forum. It was fitting because I was the using the built in Emperor Palpatine avatar picture. It doesn't seem as fitting for Darth Maul though, or me now that I think about it.

What about the whole "Peace is a lie" thing?

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #632 on: September 06, 2017, 04:01:38 AM »

What about the whole "Peace is a lie" thing?

Nah. Something to describe my stealthy assassin like character would be better. Not that he wouldn't believe that, but it doesn't quite fit.

No one really knows any hard facts about me, only rumours. Mainly because my stealth skills are top notch, my best developed Force ability. So I live in solitude, and pass unseen by most. The vast majority of other force users wouldn't even know if I was near them. Most who had seen or known about me are either dead or have had their memories wiped. A ghost story.

Maybe I'm taking that whole thing too far, but since I've scared people without even trying to be quiet IRL because they didn't hear me coming I think it's justified. I know a few tricks too, mostly from the Ranger's Apprentice book series (fav series of all time). Don't laugh because they're from a fantasy book, the author knows what he's talking about, because I've tried them and they do work.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #633 on: September 06, 2017, 04:43:05 AM »

I live in solitude, and pass unseen by most.

How about this, or maybe even just "I pass unseen by most". Also, the sneaking up on people IRL without trying is something that I do as well. I haven't (yet) read the Ranger's Apprentice series, but I have also picked up a few tricks from other books and just experience. Your character actually seems much similar to mine other than the DS stuff.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #634 on: September 06, 2017, 05:18:31 AM »

How about this, or maybe even just "I pass unseen by most". Also, the sneaking up on people IRL without trying is something that I do as well. I haven't (yet) read the Ranger's Apprentice series, but I have also picked up a few tricks from other books and just experience. Your character actually seems much similar to mine other than the DS stuff.

Yeah, that could work. I'll think about it.

You won't be disappointed if/when you do read RA.

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #635 on: September 06, 2017, 05:33:02 AM »

I often find myself stumbling in here, completely unsure as to where I am. Cheesy

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #636 on: September 06, 2017, 05:36:57 AM »

I often find myself stumbling in here, completely unsure as to where I am. Cheesy

In a thread you created. Wink

You won't be disappointed if/when you do read RA.

I have actually been hearing them mentioned quite a bit lately, but I haven't picked 'em up yet.

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #637 on: September 06, 2017, 02:21:38 PM »

I have actually been hearing them mentioned quite a bit lately, but I haven't picked 'em up yet.

Get on with it. Cheesy

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #638 on: September 06, 2017, 03:16:53 PM »

Nah. Something to describe my stealthy assassin like character would be better. Not that he wouldn't believe that, but it doesn't quite fit.

No one really knows any hard facts about me, only rumours. Mainly because my stealth skills are top notch, my best developed Force ability. So I live in solitude, and pass unseen by most. The vast majority of other force users wouldn't even know if I was near them. Most who had seen or known about me are either dead or have had their memories wiped. A ghost story.

Maybe I'm taking that whole thing too far, but since I've scared people without even trying to be quiet IRL because they didn't hear me coming I think it's justified. I know a few tricks too, mostly from the Ranger's Apprentice book series (fav series of all time). Don't laugh because they're from a fantasy book, the author knows what he's talking about, because I've tried them and they do work.
"I can go unseen by most, if I choose. But to disappear entirely, that is a rare gift."

Speaking of which, I finally started playing LEGO LOTR. I'm about 50% done. WOW! OOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHH the details. So many small details that they got right.
But some of the mechanics in free play and Middle Earth areas are a touch glitchy....to a highly annoying degree.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #639 on: September 06, 2017, 04:37:37 PM »

"I can go unseen by most, if I choose. But to disappear entirely, that is a rare gift."

Speaking of which, I finally started playing LEGO LOTR. I'm about 50% done. WOW! OOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHH the details. So many small details that they got right.
But some of the mechanics in free play and Middle Earth areas are a touch glitchy....to a highly annoying degree.

Another good idea, but unfortunately it's too long and doesn't fit.

It's a (mostly) fun game. LEGO Indiana Jones might be a bit better though.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #640 on: September 06, 2017, 04:55:15 PM »

Another good idea, but unfortunately it's too long and doesn't fit.
"To disappear entirely, that is a rare gift."

It's a (mostly) fun game. LEGO Indiana Jones might be a bit better though.
The closer you get to the beginning of the LEGO game franchise, the better the games get. The original LSW on the PS2 was THE best one of the bunch.

Sig by For Tyeth

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #641 on: September 06, 2017, 05:51:04 PM »

I know right. So good. I do remember the glitchyness about it, but usually it involved the game shutting down on it's own. We could always deal with it though.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #642 on: September 06, 2017, 06:02:03 PM »

I know right. So good. I do remember the glitchyness about it, but usually it involved the game shutting down on it's own. We could always deal with it though.
Mine isn't that bad. Thus far the worst is when I have a character in position (usually up a PITA tower) I go to switch to a character that isn't being occupied by the 2nd player, and instead of changing the character I have in position, it jumps to the 2nd player and then changes that one. Meanwhile, the idiot 1st player has to join me on the ground and completely f@#&$ the works it took to get into position. We're talking HULK rage level annoyance. Angry

Sig by For Tyeth

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #643 on: September 06, 2017, 06:04:10 PM »

Mine isn't that bad. Thus far the worst is when I have a character in position (usually up a PITA tower) I go to switch to a character that isn't being occupied by the 2nd player, and instead of changing the character I have in position, it jumps to the 2nd player and then changes that one. Meanwhile, the idiot 1st player has to join me on the ground and completely f@#&$ the works it took to get into position. We're talking HULK rage level annoyance. Angry

I do remember a little bit of that, but since it was usually me and my brother playing, it wasn't too bad.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #644 on: September 07, 2017, 02:27:22 PM »

I do remember a little bit of that, but since it was usually me and my brother playing, it wasn't too bad.
The other thing it's doing is either a) not finishing the ghost stud trail to my desired destination, b) being exceptionally vague about what I'm supposed to look for, or c) moving a quest character so that I can't talk to them. Angry

Basically, the story mode was awesome, but as I acquire more characters and items, it's like the game can't keep up.

Sig by For Tyeth

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 624   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: