Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Obsidian/saber question  (Read 2420 times)
Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« on: December 11, 2011, 08:46:07 PM »

I have a Dominix V2 saber and I would really like to send it in for sound. Looking at the new XT sound the board looks smaller. So could I send the saber in if I request the XT board? I want to do that to my Liberator too if possible. That would just be easier for me for now. Thanks if anyone can help. =]

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

darth tratus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -241

« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2011, 08:47:31 PM »

You could do that, or just get a v3. Idk what the price difference is between the 2 options is though

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2011, 08:51:27 PM »

Sweet. I'm just going to send in my Dominix V2 then for an Obsidian XT upgrade. I thought the hilt was too small in diameter though.

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2011, 08:59:19 PM »

I guess I will keep updates on my Dominix V2 Le and Liberator sabers then. Those 2 are my favorite Ultra Saber hilts and I just thought it'd be cool to send them in for sound if possible. I always thought both hilts were too small for that though. Only other thing I would want done too is for the Liberator to have a red av button and the Dominix a red also. I will get some V3's eventually. I want to get a Prophecy V3 for my bro.

Sarich Belmont
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 54

I am legend.

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2011, 09:15:22 PM »

Hate to be a sack of sour balls, but you can't get sound in the V2 sabers.

"I don't aim to be like you, Master, not at all. I aim to be better." Jacen Sarich, then-Padawan. (From my old Star Wars D20 days.)

Under Construction...

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2011, 10:04:27 PM »

While it's probably not impossible to put sound in a V2 hilt, I'm sure it's not something that's recommended.  The kind of cram-fu you need to fit all that stuff in the hilt would basically leave you very little room for resonance or anything... just because you CAN do it, doesn't mean you should.  You'd be much better off selecting a hilt that's designed for sound, I promise you it will work out much better!

shyguy3000
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 72

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2011, 02:46:44 AM »

While it's probably not impossible to put sound in a V2 hilt, I'm sure it's not something that's recommended.  The kind of cram-fu you need to fit all that stuff in the hilt would basically leave you very little room for resonance or anything... just because you CAN do it, doesn't mean you should.  You'd be much better off selecting a hilt that's designed for sound, I promise you it will work out much better!

Not to mention the final cost of upgrading the saber might end up equaling the cost of getting a new one with sound from the site.

In any case I suggest you e-mail Deep and see what he says. 

Light side Points please. =D
Consular w/ GB, BR, AB, SRD, MLS Units and Obsidian sound.
Archon V2 w/CG and Obsidian sound
Donimix V3 with DVA and Obsidian Sound
Guardian with GB and Obsidian Sound

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2011, 03:40:06 PM »

Its a no go anyway. Oh well. I will just get both V3's soon when I can. I might get the Dominix V3 first.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: