Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 779 780 [781] 782 783 ... 915   Go Down
Author Topic: (im)Patiently waiting for my new _______!!!  (Read 2135086 times)
Hightower
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: -3

« Reply #11700 on: July 07, 2020, 06:15:20 PM »

But be aware most of the "other guys" generally have wait times in excess of 8 weeks NORMALLY and are longer now.  So if you are looking to get something faster you are probably not going to get it, unless you buy some of that aliexpress sketchy stuff

Uh, I’m gonna call bullshell on this. I ordered a saber from a superior company that offers a better product for a fraction of the price, while waiting (week 7 now) for my US order to ship. That company ships same day or next. I ordered my first from them on Wednesday, due to the holiday it arrived Monday. My second order made yesterday and it shipped 10m later and will be here Thursday.

FoC, RGB color change on the fly lighting, 6 built in sound fonts, Recharge port, lighted AV switch, 3 different blade light settings (stable, pulse, unstable), 3 volume settings (off, low, loud), all of which can be changed on the go without a computer....... $149

Oh and their customer service? Responds same day. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯  I would file a PayPal dispute with this joke of a company here, but my order was a group order and they figured after 8 weeks, might as well just wait it out. In the mean time we have way cooler sabers to mess around with.

I have the power of God & Anime on my side. But guns help too ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Jedi_Phoenix
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 223

Light side points preferred if I earn them....

« Reply #11701 on: July 07, 2020, 06:16:01 PM »

Well.... I've given in again! Ordered placed today, EMPEROR'S HAND!!! So Hyped!

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

LOL...it's hard to resist, isn't it?  I'm about 4 sabers deep into my wish list, but I'm not ordering anything else until after Christmas.

Now watch, the way things are going, you'll get your tracking number tomorrow..... Cheesy

Doing the best I can with what I've got...

PERSONAL ARSENAL:
The Fallen - Tri-cree Silver
Initiate V2 - Guardian Blue
Apprentice V4 - Fire Orange
Apprentice LE V5 - Blazing Red
Shock - Consular Green
Frankensaber "Emerald Fury" - Consular Green w/ Silver flash
Emperor's Hand - Violet Amethyst w/ silver flash
The Guardian - Guardian Blue w/ silver flash

FAMILY SABERS:
Aeon LE v5 - Tri-cree Guardian Blue
Archon v2.1 - Tri-cree Consular Green
Savior - Violet Amethyst
Manticore - Tri-cree Blazing Red
Princess (golden) - Violet Amethyst

SandmanLLL
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 6

« Reply #11702 on: July 07, 2020, 07:12:35 PM »

Uh, I’m gonna call bullshell on this. I ordered a saber from a superior company that offers a better product for a fraction of the price, while waiting (week 7 now) for my US order to ship.

Hey man, I appreciate that you like the stuff from that company.  But you know they are just a reseller of the stuff from China right? When I was talking about 8+ weeks I was talking about companies that actually make their own products.

I'm not defending US here, lord knows I have been waiting a long time with another 4 weeks to go (Yeah for the fallen!) but buying from any of the major saber companies that are not resellers is crazy long right now.

It's not the length of time, it's the communication...... Well that and US electronics are outdated. I think they need to start using CFX or Proffie boards instead of their in house boards.

Darth Rage
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: -78

Fear leads to....ooh a donut!

« Reply #11703 on: July 07, 2020, 09:15:23 PM »

Hey man, I appreciate that you like the stuff from that company.  But you know they are just a reseller of the stuff from China right? When I was talking about 8+ weeks I was talking about companies that actually make their own products.

I'm not defending US here, lord knows I have been waiting a long time with another 4 weeks to go (Yeah for the fallen!) but buying from any of the major saber companies that are not resellers is crazy long right now.

It's not the length of time, it's the communication...... Well that and US electronics are outdated. I think they need to start using CFX or Proffie boards instead of their in house boards.
I also recently ordered one of these other guys sabers. $160. FOC/ lock up/ pulse stable and unstable. RGB 6 sound fontsI can’t compare it to US as I’m still waiting on that order, but I’m very pleased with what I got.  The sound could be a little better, but it spins well, has windows in the emitter, and I will probably do some modding on the hilt.

I could care less if they’re repurposing Chinese products, they beat the estimated 2 week processing, and the owner responded within minutes of me reaching out with questions. The way customer service should be.

The best part is I have a saber to play with and help me bide my time while waiting for my dream US order.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Galef
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 209

Light side preferred, Dark side accepted

« Reply #11704 on: July 07, 2020, 09:28:49 PM »

The only thing that scares me about some of those "fancy, multi-option but still somehow cheap" sabers is their durability and longevity.
Before I choose US, I was eyeing one of those other guy sabers and, while cheap, I read some of the reviews about how the sabers would just stop charging after a while and the saber would be dead forever.
Another review said in order to stop that from happening, you have to make sure to charge it every other week, even if you don't plan to use it.

That didn't seem worth it to me.  US may not have the most up-to-date, bleeding edge tech in their sabers, but at least it's reliable by most accounts. And it appears simple enough to be easy to fix should something happen.
Kinda of a "if it ain't broke don't fix it" mentality, which I kinda like. The more bells and whistles you add, the more things can go wrong

Ironically, one of the early review vids I watched was from our very own Lord Sidious at Sidious Sabers.
My first reaction was that he was being a 'snob' saying that the "other guy" saber was just a toy.
I mean, these are all toys. But after getting my own ultrasabers, I now realize he was right; true custom sabers don't feel like toys.
But those cheaper sabers do.

-

Jedi_Phoenix
Knight Commander

« Reply #11705 on: July 07, 2020, 09:35:19 PM »

The only thing that scares me about some of those "fancy, multi-option but still somehow cheap" sabers is their durability and longevity.
Before I choose US, I was eyeing one of those other guy sabers and, while cheap, I read some of the reviews about how the sabers would just stop charging after a while and the saber would be dead forever.
Another review said in order to stop that from happening, you have to make sure to charge it every other week, even if you don't plan to use it.

That didn't seem worth it to me.  US may not have the most up-to-date, bleeding edge tech in their sabers, but at least it's reliable by most accounts. And it appears simple enough to be easy to fix should something happen.
Kinda of a "if it ain't broke don't fix it" mentality, which I kinda like. The more bells and whistles you add, the more things can go wrong

Ironically, one of the early review vids I watched was from our very own Lord Sidious at Sidious Sabers.
My first reaction was that he was being a 'snob' saying that the "other guy" saber was just a toy.
I mean, these are all toys. But after getting my own ultrasabers, I now realize he was right; true custom sabers don't feel like toys.

Wait, Sidious Sabers is on here??  Wow...love his videos, seriously!

PERSONAL ARSENAL:
Shock - Consular Green

FAMILY SABERS:
Savior - Violet Amethyst

Darth Rage
Knight Arbiter

« Reply #11706 on: July 07, 2020, 09:38:52 PM »

-
So far it doesn’t feel like a toy and I’ve had no issues with it. The communication I had with the owner assuaged any fears I had, not only will he replace it for free for a year, if I decide I don’t want this saber, he will allow me to swap it out for another he carries.

By no means do I think the quality will compare to the Fallen I have coming, but the quick delivery and exceptional customer service made me happy with the purchase.

Darth Rage
Knight Arbiter

« Reply #11707 on: July 07, 2020, 09:39:56 PM »

Wait, Sidious Sabers is on here??  Wow...love his videos, seriously!
What he said!  Love that Brit!

warguppy
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #11708 on: July 07, 2020, 09:41:57 PM »

My MB arrived today. Ordered 5/9. Shipping notice on 7/5 at 2:31 AM

Aeon V3 in Guardian Blue.

Not bad. Good construction. No sound. Has the standard 4 AAA set up instead of 2 AA that some people said they got. Weight balance tilts a little towards the blade end, but that may be resolved with a different pommel I suppose. Not uncomfortably so. I like that it lends itself to one or two handed wielding.

Worth it from a product standpoint if you can overlook or excuse the complete lack of updates or customer service.

Good luck to those still waiting!

Jedi_Phoenix
Knight Commander

« Reply #11709 on: July 07, 2020, 10:04:57 PM »

My MB arrived today. Ordered 5/9. Shipping notice on 7/5 at 2:31 AM

Aeon V3 in Guardian Blue.

Not bad. Good construction. No sound. Has the standard 4 AAA set up instead of 2 AA that some people said they got. Weight balance tilts a little towards the blade end, but that may be resolved with a different pommel I suppose. Not uncomfortably so. I like that it lends itself to one or two handed wielding.

Worth it from a product standpoint if you can overlook or excuse the complete lack of updates or customer service.

Good luck to those still waiting!

That's one of the ones that's been out of stock on the website, I can see why it took a while.

I know, I agree.... a little communication of the fact would have been nice.  But, you got it.  Hope you enjoy it, friend.   Cool

PERSONAL ARSENAL:
Shock - Consular Green

FAMILY SABERS:
Savior - Violet Amethyst

Biggerthanu
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 2

« Reply #11710 on: July 07, 2020, 10:37:26 PM »

Just received an order I places on May 27th.  Got my Spectre (obsidian v4 emerald) and 3 mysteries!!  loving the new sabers but I also ordered The Fallen on May 4th (a full 23 days prior) and that one is still processing.  I've sent a few emails, but haven't recieved any type of response yet.  Anyone know of any severe delays on The Fallen or should I keep impatiently blowing up email?

NoLifeLeft42
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 3

« Reply #11711 on: July 07, 2020, 10:54:49 PM »

Just curiosity when did you order your fallen?? Also love it with the purple.
4/23, and thanks.

Galef
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 209

Light side preferred, Dark side accepted

« Reply #11712 on: July 07, 2020, 11:13:20 PM »

Very excited to see orders are being completed from May.
Still have my 5/18 order processing, so hopefully it shouldn't be long now.
I may be moving soon and I'd rather not go through the hassle of updating my address just for this order

-

WallOfBill
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #11713 on: July 07, 2020, 11:22:03 PM »

I wish I had found this thread months ago. Placed the order on 5/30. Apprentice v5 and a Dominicide. Graduation gifts for the kids. What really sucks is my son wanted a Dominicide color they showed as out of stock, so he settled on a different setup that wasn't his first choice, but showed in stock so he wouldn't have the extra wait time.

Then I waited patiently until four weeks were up, sent an email, and heard nothing. Then I found this forum, read about this, and sent another email, asking if there were things I could do to expedite (change hilts, etc.) the order. Still no reply.

Emailed again one last time, asking for any update at all, or even a notice on expected turn-around. No reply.

3 polite emails, waited well over the time they advertised, and not a single reply or update.

For those of you who filed a dispute, how difficult was it? I'm not as passionate about this as some I guess - you don't advertise 3-4 weeks max on in stock items, take $600, and then go dark on a customer. I don't care how good the product is. I'll ride out this week, but come Monday, if they still aren't even going to bother with a reply, I'll push to get my money back.

Jedi_Phoenix
Knight Commander

« Reply #11714 on: July 08, 2020, 12:16:59 AM »

Just received an order I places on May 27th.  Got my Spectre (obsidian v4 emerald) and 3 mysteries!!  loving the new sabers but I also ordered The Fallen on May 4th (a full 23 days prior) and that one is still processing.  I've sent a few emails, but haven't recieved any type of response yet.  Anyone know of any severe delays on The Fallen or should I keep impatiently blowing up email?

I'm assuming you're talking about the black Fallen; someone posted elsewhere here about a week ago that US notified them, they have a shortage of those, and the estimated time that they'll have more from their supplier is 4-5 weeks. 

If you're open to getting a different color, I'd say keep emailing them; after all, your issue is a little more specific than "where's my saber??".  Make sure you include your order number in your subject, and keep it at least civil; they're surely slammed with emails these days.  Some of us have gotten replies, some haven't, some have but it's taken a while.  Try to be patient while you're being persistent.  Hope you get some good news.

PERSONAL ARSENAL:
Shock - Consular Green

FAMILY SABERS: