Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down
Author Topic: Diamond Questions  (Read 31549 times)
Rashimotosan
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 50

Use your moments of weakness to find your power.

« Reply #105 on: August 21, 2018, 02:12:13 AM »

I saw with a different board someone had their lightsaber LED slowly fade giving the blade a retracting look and vice versa when turning it on. Is it possible to program the blade to slowly turn on/off like that with a diamond board?

Bruh, this isn't even my final form.

(I like my force like I like my checkbook...balanced)

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #106 on: August 21, 2018, 02:20:39 AM »

That would be the NeoPixel  saber and you actually need the NeoPixel board to do that with a blade that has NeoPixel LEDs on both side inside the saber.  Something that US doesn’t offer since they currently do see a need as of yet.  It’s normally controlled by an Ardiuno board (forgive me if I’m not supposed to mention it) and it’s not the best for any dueling.

Rashimotosan
Knight Ensign

« Reply #107 on: August 21, 2018, 02:31:37 AM »

Aye, that's a bugger. It looked quite sweet. Well then it's just a small thing. Maybe it'll be a feature in the future. I'm still looking at possibly upgrading my hilt with a diamond board.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #108 on: August 21, 2018, 02:36:32 AM »

Aye, that's a bugger. It looked quite sweet. Well then it's just a small thing. Maybe it'll be a feature in the future. I'm still looking at possibly upgrading my hilt with a diamond board.

I meant it’s not the best for dueling due to all the electronics that are installed.

I do hope that US may offer it one day but they’re meant more for shelf queens and cosplaying.  The Diamond controller is still really versatile without the NeoPixel effects and it has a built in sound board so you won’t  have to deal with multiple boards within the saber.   

Most of the members whonown one one here speaks highly of it and having an infinite choice of colors st the ready just sounds great!  I plan to own one myself. 

Rashimotosan
Knight Ensign

« Reply #109 on: August 21, 2018, 02:44:20 AM »

Oh yeah sorry, I misread that. Well, I definitely want to duel so glad to know that now. Thanks for the info. Appreciate it. That solidifies my decision more or less lol

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #110 on: August 21, 2018, 02:57:21 AM »

You can program the Diamond board to slowly fade out the light or vice versa but since it is an hilt LED the effect will take place across the whole blade.  You can't scroll the light up or down the blade without neopixels though.

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #111 on: August 21, 2018, 12:36:50 PM »

Oh yeah sorry, I misread that. Well, I definitely want to duel so glad to know that now. Thanks for the info. Appreciate it. That solidifies my decision more or less lol

You're welcome. 

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: