Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: First Emerald, need help please!  (Read 1773 times)
Kilazar
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -1

« on: March 11, 2014, 09:52:34 PM »

I got a 2 channel Emerald Crimson Reaper from the winter raffle. Now i'm trying to connect it to my PC. I have the latest version of the obsidian launcher, verified that my serial number is high enough. 13080485

Turn the saber on, plug it into known good port with known good cable. Run the Launcher as admin. Connection starts, then it states connection with this device was lost. Then I have to remove my batterey and put it back in before the saber will power up.

Running windows 7.

*edit*
Ok I plugged it into the "back port" that is labled obsidian, instead of the front port that was not labled obsidian. It can now read the LED's. And I can test change the colors. But when I press the write button, I get the following error.

The Device Type is not supported. Use Obsidian Launcher v1 or v2 for older devices.
An Unexpected error has occured. Please contact support if the problem persists.

The other thing I noticed, is my Green is actually on the Red bar, and the Blue is on the Green bar. Not sure if that matters.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 10:05:24 PM by Kilazar » Logged

James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1510

« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2014, 11:07:53 PM »

Double check a couple of things:

1. You're running the latest version of the launcher. I know this is obvious, and you've already said you are, but... Just go ahead and double check.
2. You're running the launcher as an administrator. If you're not sure, right click on the icon and select 'Run as administrator' or right click, go to Properties, Compatibility, and make sure that Run as administrator is ticked at the bottom of the pop-up. (Again, I know you say you've done this, but I've made this mistake before - and for anyone else who doesn't know, they might learn how from this post Smiley)

Otherwise, fully charge your batteries to make sure they're not causing the problems.

I don't have a 2 channel driver, so I can't say where the colour bars will be on that, I'm afraid.

"I'll split this world open and tear down the sky before I let him come to even the slightest harm."

Kilazar
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -1

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2014, 11:38:34 PM »

Ok figured out the problem.

You can't use the niftly little button on the lower right that says "write" that starts a crash loop. You have to use the "down arrow" button in the menu bar to write the color changes.

That's kind of unintuitive heh, but I got it working!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: