Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 566 567 [568] 569 570 ... 624   Go Down
Author Topic: Posting Game 2: Electric Boogaloo  (Read 1277904 times)
Bob Loblaw
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 102

« Reply #8505 on: March 20, 2020, 09:14:19 PM »

Now I'm curious. Do you even know what this is?
Extremely well painted Gundam models. Or did I miss something? I've never seen much Gundam but I've always been into mechs and building models. I may have the names wrong because it's been so long since I've seen the boxes, but I have the Wing Endless Waltz, Astray Red Frame, Heavyarms, and at least two others that I can't remember at all. I still have a Five Star Stories Juunchoon kit that a friend gave me for my 30th to put together. All of that stuff is in storage at the moment though.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2769

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #8506 on: March 23, 2020, 01:43:01 PM »

Extremely well painted Gundam models. Or did I miss something? I've never seen much Gundam but I've always been into mechs and building models. I may have the names wrong because it's been so long since I've seen the boxes, but I have the Wing Endless Waltz, Astray Red Frame, Heavyarms, and at least two others that I can't remember at all. I still have a Five Star Stories Juunchoon kit that a friend gave me for my 30th to put together. All of that stuff is in storage at the moment though.
Points anyway. You'd have had more if you knew what specific suit it was. If you have Hulu, I highly recommend getting on the Gundam kick. They have several series up at present. Most notably: 8th MS Team. IMO, best Gundam Series ever made.

And just because this shell is soooo awesome

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Tai Chi Chuan Wijchen
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 297

« Reply #8507 on: March 23, 2020, 03:07:23 PM »

That's 'Delfts Blauw'!!

Hahaha, a Dutch print!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delftware

Light Side points appreciated, when warranted.
> Phantasm v4 - CG
> Sentinel v4 staff - GB
> Phantom v4 - BR
> Dark Initiatet v2 - FO
> Free Initiate v2 - CG
> Aeon v3 - GB - Grabbag
> Sentinel v4 w/sound - CG - Mysterybox

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #8508 on: March 23, 2020, 03:37:31 PM »

Whatever. It's hand painted on a model that only stands 7" tall.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #8509 on: March 23, 2020, 04:29:08 PM »

Never been into Mechs but that is a very nice paint job for a model

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #8510 on: March 23, 2020, 05:13:06 PM »

Exactly. I started salivating, because I actually own this model.

Sig by For Tyeth

Tai Chi Chuan Wijchen
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 297

« Reply #8511 on: March 23, 2020, 05:38:33 PM »

Whatever. It's hand painted on a model that only stands 7" tall.

It's beautiful!
Did you do it?

I started painting mini's last spring, 'cause I was printing (and redesigning) a miniature strategy game.
Stopped after the game was completed, but I never got to the level of that painting on the mecha, and probably never will, that's a whole different skill.

Light Side points appreciated, when warranted.
> Phantasm v4 - CG
> Sentinel v4 staff - GB
> Phantom v4 - BR
> Dark Initiatet v2 - FO
> Free Initiate v2 - CG
> Aeon v3 - GB - Grabbag
> Sentinel v4 w/sound - CG - Mysterybox

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #8512 on: March 23, 2020, 06:13:08 PM »

It's beautiful!
Did you do it?
I wish I had a tenth of that skill. I build, I don't paint. Cry

I started painting mini's last spring, 'cause I was printing (and redesigning) a miniature strategy game.
Stopped after the game was completed, but I never got to the level of that painting on the mecha, and probably never will, that's a whole different skill.
Yeah, I swear these guys do it just to see if it can be done......or to show off. Tongue

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #8513 on: March 24, 2020, 11:53:22 AM »

I wish I had a tenth of that skill. I build, I don't paint. Cry
Yeah, I swear these guys do it just to see if it can be done......or to show off. Tongue

I have customized action figures in the past and the painting is (at least to me) the most difficult.  This looks like some sleek sports car paint job

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #8514 on: March 24, 2020, 01:02:20 PM »

I have customized action figures in the past and the painting is (at least to me) the most difficult.  This looks like some sleek sports car paint job
YEAH!. I've tried my hand at paint kits. I didn't have a) the necessary knowledge to do it right, and b) the patience. I WANT TO BUILD.

My crowning achievement thought was painting this....(not mine, but the same model)

1/550 GP03 Stamen

I didn't have the right size brushes, so I did it with the tip of a needle. I even successfully got the green eyes with the black mascara.

This is a 1/35 scale head to show the detail (no mine wasn't this detailed.)

This is what it went with

Sig by For Tyeth

Bob Loblaw
Knight Major

« Reply #8515 on: March 24, 2020, 04:37:20 PM »

I have customized action figures in the past and the painting is (at least to me) the most difficult.  This looks like some sleek sports car paint job
Painting is really hard to get into. When I was in my early 20's, a good friend that has since passed, taught me everything he knew and gave me several kits, a full collection of brushes, paints and tools and said "No excuses now". I do my best, but he was on another level. He won awards on a regular basis for his military models. Do you have any pics of your customized figures? I would love see them if you do.

YEAH!. I've tried my hand at paint kits. I didn't have a) the necessary knowledge to do it right, and b) the patience. I WANT TO BUILD.

My crowning achievement thought was painting this....(not mine, but the same model)

1/550 GP03 Stamen

I didn't have the right size brushes, so I did it with the tip of a needle. I even successfully got the green eyes with the black mascara.
Needle tip paining? Sounds like you have more patients than you think. I've had to do the same thing, but just on certain details.
I have a few 1/144 scale Gundam and they suck to paint. 1/100 is as small as I would want to bother with. If you had the patience to paint that thing, you could do a 1/100 no problem. It's worth it. My only advice is to paint each part individually before building. And once more after assembly. Yes it's time consuming.
You've tried acrylics, right? I know some people use enamels, but I can't (I don't know why any one would even want to). I don't think it looks as good in the end either unless they used with an airbrush.

I remember now. One of the other Grandams I have built (never painted this one though) was Deathscyth.
This one is not mine.

Speaking of scythes,

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #8516 on: March 24, 2020, 05:06:37 PM »

Painting is really hard to get into. When I was in my early 20's, a good friend that has since passed, taught me everything he knew and gave me several kits, a full collection of brushes, paints and tools and said "No excuses now". I do my best, but he was on another level. He won awards on a regular basis for his military models. Do you have any pics of your customized figures? I would love see them if you do.

Sadly no, they weren't very good, some I made for people and the others have since gone to the graveyard.  I am currently working on a King Conan figure though.  Body is a Marvel Legends Hercules and the head is from a Terminator Dark Fate T-800.  I got the head fitted on (Man I love Dremel tools) now the hair.  Since Conan would have long hair I have to shave down the Arnold head, rip the hair off another figure and attach it.  Trick Is finding the right hair.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #8517 on: March 24, 2020, 05:34:56 PM »

Needle tip paining? Sounds like you have more pacience than you think.
It drove me nuts.

I remember now. One of the other Grandams I have built (never painted this one though) was Deathscyth.
This one is not mine.

That would be a 1/100 scale Gundam Deathsythe Hell Custom. Wink The only 2 from that series I didn't have were the Serpent and the Tallgeese III.  Which is ironic, since those 2 were my favorite from that OVA. Cry

Sig by For Tyeth

Bob Loblaw
Knight Major

« Reply #8518 on: March 24, 2020, 06:42:21 PM »

It drove me nuts.
That would be a 1/100 scale Gundam Deathsythe Hell Custom. Wink The only 2 from that series I didn't have were the Serpent and the Tallgeese III.  Which is ironic, since those 2 were my favorite from that OVA. Cry

I remember those. I was going to get the Tallgeese III after I built the Wing, Heavyarms and Deathscythe but I could never find it again. This was before I even had a computer so I couldn't have looked for them online.

All I want to do is get lost building models right now. That is MY zen meditation. It's not quite the same but I've been saving a Lego Snowspeeder (shh... I know, It's a T-47) for almost a year now. I guess this is the time.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #8519 on: March 24, 2020, 06:50:23 PM »

I remember those. I was going to get the Tallgeese III after I built the Wing, Heavyarms and Deathscythe but I could never find it again. This was before I even had a computer so I couldn't have looked for them online.

All I want to do is get lost building models right now. That is MY zen meditation. It's not quite the same but I've been saving a Lego Snowspeeder (shh... I know, It's a T-47) for almost a year now. I guess this is the time.
No serpents, but......

https://www.hlj.com/1-100-scale-tallgeese-iii-ban57131

I suddenly remember why I didn't want the T3. The heat rod was the same parts as the 1/100 Epyon's.....which sucked. They needed to had ball joints to accurately capture the nature of the weapon. But the newer MGs look like they potential. And if you can find an RG of those.....you're in for a psychosis inducing treat.

Sig by For Tyeth

Pages: 1 ... 566 567 [568] 569 570 ... 624   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: