Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Xmas and the Aftermath (first two Ultra Sabers!)  (Read 2352 times)
tsiegtiez
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 1

« on: January 12, 2013, 10:35:54 PM »

So I've been lurking here for a while now and you all managed to convince me I needed some Ultra Sabers in my life (I didn't need a whole mess of help, to be fair, but still!).  After hemming and hawing for ages I decided an Aeon LE in Sunrider's Destiny was the combo that fit me best;  some crafty relatives found this out, with my fiancée's help, and got it for me for Xmas

Now, I'm a little biased, but I think this came out pretty freaking awesome.  In every way I was surprised at the sheer quality of the saber, from the feel and heft of the hilt to the glow and sturdiness of the Midgrade blade. I think my first word pulling it out of the box was simply, "Damn."

So fast forward a few days, and I decide to get the partner I'd mostly planned for that beauty. What's a right without a left, eh? Cue ordering a Dominix LE, and they go together like chocolate and peanut butter.

I mean, really.

Production values on the Dom are just as excellent and I'd just be stumbling over myself to really try and say anything more on the subject. I had a few thoughts about colour, and found myself wobbling back and forth between Adegan Silver and Violet Amethyst. I thought the silver would be classy, and the purple dashing, and couldn't quite nail down a preference. Then I scoured the forums some more, and had the answer thrown right to me. The Ultra Sabers crew was truly fantastic in my request that the Dom come in Bane's Heart, which is frankly the most ridiculous and amazing lightsaber colour I've ever seen, and the pair match better than I'd dared to hope.

The colours are definitely vibrant in person, and the only camera filter I could apply on my phone that quite brought them close was this posterize business:

And that's kind of it. Got some pose shots I might put up later, but basically I'm giddy as a schoolgirl over these things and felt the need to share.

Funny enough, until the Dom arrived I hadn't quite realised what I accidentally did here; the big expensive custom jobby with swapped out emitter and pommel and so on I plan on ordering at a later, later, later date I plan on asking to come in Sentinel Yellow, and...yeah. Now it will also round out my CMY printer ink trio, haha.

Kenobi Rush
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 5

May the force be with you!

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2013, 04:16:45 AM »

awesome sabers

Light side points please!

Lightsabers
-Overlord with sound(GB green AV switch archon pommel)
-Bellicose with sound(CG AS FOC blue AV switch)

Oramac
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -256

Dark Side, please. I like the cookies.

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2013, 05:00:55 PM »

Great sabers!  Never thought I'd care much for BH as a color, but it really looks good on that Dominix! 

I give stealth points.  You may get one without ever knowing it! Muwahaha!

Dark War Glaive - Blazing Red/AS FOC [or FO/VA FOC]
Initiate v3 with Obsidian - Blazing Red
Initiate v3 - Consular

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: