Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Wow the Guardian  (Read 5208 times)
Rashimotosan
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 50

Use your moments of weakness to find your power.

« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2018, 10:56:20 PM »

Here's a few more photos. The first is the Bane's Heart FOC. Also I posted another picture of the bluish purple color it originally was. It looked like more of a purple closer to DVA than a blue. I just think it was color skewed a bit by the camera.

I decided to try PO  (a little darker though) but saved the original purple profile in case I didn't like it. But I kind of do like the orange. Might change to flash to CG cuz the BH is hard to differentiate from PO.

Bruh, this isn't even my final form.

(I like my force like I like my checkbook...balanced)

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2790

Grey Assassin

« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2018, 11:57:45 PM »

Here's a few more photos. The first is the Bane's Heart FOC. Also I posted another picture of the bluish purple color it originally was. It looked like more of a purple closer to DVA than a blue. I just think it was color skewed a bit by the camera.

I decided to try PO  (a little darker though) but saved the original purple profile in case I didn't like it. But I kind of do like the orange. Might change to flash to CG cuz the BH is hard to differentiate from PO.

I really like the Bane’s Heart color. Looks good

ktulu1347
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 87

Nerd for 3 decades plus and darn proud of it

« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2018, 02:15:00 AM »

First off, awesome score on getting an Emerald Guardian at that price!  Once you've explored the different colors you might enjoy experimenting with a shimmer effect, it's one of my favorite cool tricks one can do with Emeralds or Diamonds.  The Guardian is definitely a beast, but dang does it look cool.  One of my favorite details that caught me by surprise was the holes in the button screws around the emitter that let light shine through; subtle but oh so cool!  On another note, I recently got a Spectre and I'll second the opinion that it's actually slightly lighter than the Guardian overall, though it is somewhat blade heavy because of the elaborate emitter.  Anyway, congrats again on the bargain and enjoy experimenting with the settings on your new treasure!

"The more they overthink the plumbing, the easier it is to stop up the drain."

Rashimotosan
Knight Ensign

« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2018, 02:26:00 AM »

First off, awesome score on getting an Emerald Guardian at that price!  Once you've explored the different colors you might enjoy experimenting with a shimmer effect, it's one of my favorite cool tricks one can do with Emeralds or Diamonds.  The Guardian is definitely a beast, but dang does it look cool.  One of my favorite details that caught me by surprise was the holes in the button screws around the emitter that let light shine through; subtle but oh so cool!  On another note, I recently got a Spectre and I'll second the opinion that it's actually slightly lighter than the Guardian overall, though it is somewhat blade heavy because of the elaborate emitter.  Anyway, congrats again on the bargain and enjoy experimenting with the settings on your new treasure!

I'm familiar with the color changing. My Graflex is a diamond so I've tinkered with light settings before. In this one I didn't want a pulsate color. I'm still testing out the colors to see what I like best. Thanks tho for that info about the Spectre. Curious, do you have it with or without the etching?

Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -488

Grey Jedi with MAJOR Sith-like tendencies

« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2018, 04:20:03 AM »

Rash, Rash,Rash, the Guardian has never looked better. I really like that color blade. I know you are thinking about changing it, but it is pretty awesome. I like the collection too. So, is that Spectre next?

My Collection: Monarch CE

Wish list:  maybe a Sword of Omens (not sure which color)

ktulu1347
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 87

Nerd for 3 decades plus and darn proud of it

« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2018, 04:48:53 AM »

I'm familiar with the color changing. My Graflex is a diamond so I've tinkered with light settings before. In this one I didn't want a pulsate color. I'm still testing out the colors to see what I like best. Thanks tho for that info about the Spectre. Curious, do you have it with or without the etching?

Sorry, didn't mean to imply lack of knowledge on your part.  Honestly I just like advocating shimmer every chance I get.  I got the Spectre with etching since I think it looks more interesting and I don't care about canonicity in this case.  There's a picture of it in the raffle prize gallery thread.

"The more they overthink the plumbing, the easier it is to stop up the drain."

Rashimotosan
Knight Ensign

« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2018, 12:07:04 PM »

Rash, Rash,Rash, the Guardian has never looked better. I really like that color blade. I know you are thinking about changing it, but it is pretty awesome. I like the collection too. So, is that Spectre next?

Thanks! Do you mean the blade in it's current orange or it's original DVA?

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2018, 12:49:33 PM »

That's a sweet score, Rashimotosan! Sometimes, people just wanting to get rid of stuff is the best way to get deals. If they let that saber go for that price, they definitely didn't know what they had.

Rashimotosan
Knight Ensign

« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2018, 05:16:22 PM »

How did you imbed your avatar photo... from imgur ?  If so then use the BBCode ( message boards & forums ).  It will light up green after you press copy.  Use Ctrl and v keys to place on to your post.  Smiley

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=35487.msg573184#msg573184

Looking forward to seeing that awesome saber score.  Is the Guardian as beastie long as they say... for us smaller handed ladies.  Cheesy

I changed my mind by the way on it being one-handed lol its definitely a two-handed wield for me. Spinning isn't so bad but swinging it around pretty hard in general, boy, that weight kicks in  Cry

Also forgot to answer earlier Malik that I'm pretty sure Spectre is my next purchase once I figure out if I want the engraving or not. It's one of the most expensive hilts here and I have a good chunk of change saved up in US rewards. It makes sense to use it on one of the pricier hilts I have on my wishlist. Just waiting on another raffle to see if I can score two!

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2018, 03:25:42 PM »

That's a beautiful saber ( your toned arms will thank you lol )... your current collection is starting strong right out of the gate !   Thanks for sharing your working knowledge of the boards/driver on various threads... has been most helpful with quick problem solving.  Smiley

point  Cool

imgumby001dammit
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 642

The Mighty, Mighty GUM

« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2018, 03:55:02 PM »

I’m soooo infatuated with banes heart!! It makes everyone’s saber look incredible.

“Someday I will be the most powerful Jedi ever...”

AS

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2790

Grey Assassin

« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2018, 03:56:37 PM »

I’m soooo infatuated with banes heart!! It makes everyone’s saber look incredible.

Thanks to Rash, I’m digging the Bane’s Heart as well. Will get a saber in that color

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: