Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: AV switch help...  (Read 2117 times)
Hebi
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 30

« on: August 02, 2011, 08:19:54 PM »

Hi guys !
So today I came accross a little something : one of my Guardian Switch is nearly broken (not the switch itself, but the small part around it)
an dits hurts when I'm holding my saber in hand (I'm bleeding a bit because of that...)
So, I thought : "Why not switch for one f those awesome AV switches ?"
SO, quickly, I went to TCSS, found my accessory, and then... saw that it required a resistor...
Since I haven't done any electronics for 6 years, I'm a bit embarassed.
And then the solution came to me : SaberForum ! Those guys may probably help me ! (not really the way it went in my head, but let's say that Tongue )

About the configuration : My sabers are Dark Standard Issue, one Guardian (the one with the broken switch) and Artic Blue.
If someone could help me, I would give him... er, let's say... All my consideration ! \o/

Hebi
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 05:00:56 PM by Hebi » Logged

Dark Standard Issue/Artic Blue
Dark Standard Issue/Guardian Blue
MR 2005 Luke Skywalker ROTJ
French Geek
IRC Operator : http://www.bde-hypnoise.com/HypNoiseRC/HyNoiseRC/Chat_Ultrasabers.html

Webmaster of HypNoise
Supporting UltraSabers since 2011

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2011, 10:41:19 PM »

That's so funny because I myself was just trying to fix a broken guarded switch on my own Dark Standard Issue!  Made me realize that while these aluminum hilts are nearly indestructible, the plastic switches are NOT lol

Hebi
Knight Officer

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2011, 10:47:16 PM »

Yep... My switch get destroyed simply when... I put the saber back in my bag, with my other saber in ! The switch get struck, and I got it... Yeah, where you all think, ya know, a place where light never shine... Yeah, there.

So, as I found the AV switches awesome, and don't want to get rid of those sabers (my first one, I'm gonna keep it for a loooooooong time lol)
I just thought of changing them. Plus, it's a super customisation, and it will be easier to wield.

Hebi

French Geek
IRC Operator : http://www.bde-hypnoise.com/HypNoiseRC/HyNoiseRC/Chat_Ultrasabers.html

Webmaster of HypNoise

Hebi
Knight Officer

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2011, 06:49:02 PM »

Nobody's willing to help me ?  Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry

It's not.. because I'm french, isn't it ?  Grin

Hebi

French Geek

Webmaster of HypNoise

Master Artorius Vidnyl
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 759

Suns of the Force

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2011, 07:32:13 PM »

Nobody's willing to help me ?  Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry

It's not.. because I'm french, isn't it ?  Grin

Hebi

Sorry, Hebi!  Your last post didn't seem to indicate that you needed help.  The only trouble with installing the AV switch in a guarded switch hole is that you'll need to either sand or drill for the switch to fit.  I'm no pro on resistors but this is the website I use to figure out what resistor to purchase: http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz

You have to know your source voltage (depends on how many and what type of batteries you're using),  the switch's forward voltage (what it requires to light up) and the switch's forward current (now many mA it can take).  If you already knew all that I'm sorry, just trying to be as helpful as I can!

And to be honest, I wish some of our overseas friends would comment more often!  You bring a new point of view to the forum, and I LOVE LOOKING AT LIFE FROM NEW POINTS OF VIEW!

MAV

Caine
Disgraced
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -129

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2011, 07:37:40 PM »

Changing switches will involve dismantling the entire saber as you need to wire the switch parallel to the main LED. Also if your sabers are direct drive you need LATCHING, not MOMENTARY. If u have an Obsidian board you will need momentary.

Hebi
Knight Officer

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2011, 07:59:09 PM »

Thanks for your answers, Masters !

@Artorius : Thanks for you link ! I will try to use it to calculate my resistor value when I'll know both values (for my sabers LED and the switches led).
I do have the tools to drill it and to sand it, so I think it won't cause so many problems Wink
And I try to post as often as possible, but I'm using my own version of Socrate's rule : my post must be Useful, Funny, True. At least one condition !
@Caine :  Yeah, I'm prepared to dismantle my saber, just looking for the correct way to do it and I want to be sure I'll make no mistakes. I'm not using sounds yet, cause my stunts DSI are just cool without it, and I want another saber (Consular...<3) to use the Obsidian. So, I guess my saber circuit is a direct one, and that I do have to use a parallel circuit to wire the switch. I'll check the details, if anyone have an advice, give it ! In any case, as soon as I have the results, I'll share them with you, maybe with a little "How To..." Cheesy

Hebi

French Geek

Webmaster of HypNoise

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: