Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Aeon v5 le lite sound one year review by ANoob  (Read 2196 times)
ANoob
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 15

« on: June 22, 2023, 08:08:56 PM »

From my journal ANoob had landed. Link to journal http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=47957.0] [url]http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=47957.0[/url]
one year review of the Aeon v5 le lite sound. I will not go into soundboards or overall US in general. Those are whole other stories in themselves.

Pros

Got rid of my chronic insomnia

Brought back the writer in me

Great price for hilt quality

Can have any installs US offers

MHS compatibility
Cons

Not comfortable for dancing or dueling

Bad blade retention screw placement makes for a unstable blade for dueling

Outrageously loud with lite sound to the point I broke the speaker trying to keep it quieter (my bad ANoobish mistake)

Overall a nice saber. I bought it with a 24 inch ultra edge mid grade blade. I now keep a 32 inch ultra edge heavy grade blade on it. When I do eventually get more blades I will buy it a full on night blade for it (40 inch). Love the gold claws on it for looks but not so much for dancing or dueling.

Here is a link to pictures [url=https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1_GTxqsJZamISTPg386a3f74Z0OlzziJo]https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1_GTxqsJZamISTPg386a3f74Z0OlzziJo[/url]

Stats (vitals)
Collection so far

Aeon v5 le in SRD with what used to be lite sound and sentinel v5 stunt pommel aka my night pommel, crashing now since I broke it AkA my old night saber

Azure Fallen diamond my main dancing saber

Initiate v2 stunt in orange cannot tell what one
Now with 40in night blade ultra edge heavy grade main sleep saber

Apprentice v5 stunt hot pink purely a daytime and disaster saber

Crimson Dominicide in BR lite sound
My number 2 sleep  saber

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2023, 02:58:47 AM »

Nice review with some fair pros and cons. Getting rid of the chronic insomnia is an interesting one. And also a very good thing. I have to agree with the Lite sound being really loud. In some instances that's a good thing, but if you're trying to not bother neighbors or other people, it can be a problem.

Not comfortable for dancing or dueling

That's why I prefer the V3s and V4s to the V5s. (the V2a are nice too) I'm an Aeon guy, hence my forum title. But I only bought 1 of the V5 Aeon hilts, while I own multiple V2s, V3s and V4s. They're just so much more comfortable. Though, as a show piece, you can't beat a V5, especially the LE like yours. My first Ultrasaber was an Initiate LE V4 (grab bag) and I've been in love with silver and gold Ultrasabers since then.

ANoob
Knight Templar

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2023, 04:18:34 AM »

Nice review with some fair pros and cons. Getting rid of the chronic insomnia is an interesting one. And also a very good thing. I have to agree with the Lite sound being really loud. In some instances that's a good thing, but if you're trying to not bother neighbors or other people, it can be a problem.

That's why I prefer the V3s and V4s to the V5s. (the V2a are nice too) I'm an Aeon guy, hence my forum title. But I only bought 1 of the V5 Aeon hilts, while I own multiple V2s, V3s and V4s. They're just so much more comfortable. Though, as a show piece, you can't beat a V5, especially the LE like yours. My first Ultrasaber was an Initiate LE V4 (grab bag) and I've been in love with silver and gold Ultrasabers since then.

Totally agree I like the v2 and v3 line better. I am thankful that Emory who I call The Great dose not want to upset his customers by getting rid of those. It dose look like he got rid of many of the electronics such as the Emerald boards and the standard obs lite board. As I have said on other threads here and my journal I hate windows on my sabers. Thankfully the ones on my Fallen are protected with the fins on it. The Apprentice v5 is the worst for comfort. Huts the hand probably would cut the fingers ruin the clothes and bed clothes.

If you read my journal I linked in this review you will learn about my fight with that Insomnia Monster and how I got rid of it.

Stats (vitals)
Collection so far

Aeon v5 le in SRD with what used to be lite sound and sentinel v5 stunt pommel aka my night pommel, crashing now since I broke it AkA my old night saber

My number 2 sleep  saber

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2023, 11:07:26 AM »

That's one thing I love about Ultrasabers, they realize that everyone doesn't want the same things, so they offer many different hilts. It would have been easy to drop the V2, V3 and V4 sabers, but they don't do that. I'm sure they're some of their best sellers, so that tells them that people love them. I remember when the V3s were nearly constantly sold out. The first raffle I entered was with a Phantasm V2 staff and a grab bag. The Phantasm V2 was two Aeon V2 sabers that I absolutely love, but the jewel of that order was my grab bag. It was an Aeon LE V4. No windows. That emitter without the windows is one of the most comfortable spots to grip a saber. I don't do combat, but it's great for spinning.

The reason for getting rid of the electronics is simple, they have things to replace them. The Lite board (I'm sad to see that go, I have four of them) was replaced by the Lite board with the 18650 Li-Ion battery. The Obsidian and Emerald combo was basically replaced by Diamond, and I feel that will basically be replaced by the Ultraproffie. I've been here for the release of the Diamond, as well as the newer Obsidian boards with the Li-Ion batteries. Basically, once the old stock of boards is gone, that's it. But, you still have the same basic options, just with different setups. You can get any electronics setup from a stunt without sound up to an Ultraproffie with a string blade. They don't try to force you to get one setup or another. That's why I've always considered Utlrasabers to be the Burger King of lightsabers: I can have it my way. That's also why I've been a customer for over 7 years and I'm already planning my next order.  Cheesy

If you read my journal I linked in this review you will learn about my fight with that Insomnia Monster and how I got rid of it.

I was looking at some of your posts in that thread. I never would have thought of lightsabers being therapeutic, but it sounds like they are for you. Between your autism and sleep disorder, it makes total sense. I'm glad you shared those aspects of your life, it helps me get an understanding.

I already gave you a point for this thread and I have to wait until I can give you another one, but you've got one incoming for your other thread.

ANoob
Knight Templar

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2023, 01:02:09 PM »

Thank you so much Scifidude79. That to me about US soundboards you mentioned is scary to me. I have put together my thoughts about what I look for in saber electronics.

From a few journal entries

I recently saw and realized that my bad dream I had about US in general is coming true. It was the one about everything going pixel and proffie. Makes me kind of mad and sad. To me I do not see the point in all that pixel stuff. I know for most people it is the cats meow. I hate the sound of smooth swing for one. As I mentioned in another entry in this journal I am not a sound saber type of person. Sound sabers have a time and a place but not every day use. I do use sound for dancing, dueling but not necessary, and for socializing. Otherwise it is annoying. Although I do technically have 3 sound sabers the Aeon v5 le lite sound but broken speeker, Azure Fallen diamond, and crimson Dominicide lite sound that saber I don’t even have batteries in it because I don’t want to accidentally turn it on in my sleep.

I probably should go back to sleep because I feel like I am livin that dream I talk about in this journal entry.

Definitely no pixel sabers for me. Too fancy and my computer skills. Not to mention how rough I am on blades. The main reason I would stay with US sabers is their emerald driver without needing to go pixel. I love how the emerald and diamond pulses look on them. I do not care for sound in my next saber that much. The board I have already in my Fallen is way fancy enough and a headache to program.
My dream saber board would be non pixel but color change with pluse  like what is found in the emerald preferably no sound I would not rule it completely out. 

Stats (vitals)
Collection so far

My number 2 sleep  saber

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2023, 01:28:30 PM »

I don't like pixel blades either. I own exactly two: a Dominix V4 with the Obsidian board that could do Ultrapixel and my Azure Fallen in the Ultraproffie with the pixel setup. To me, the blade effects aren't anything I really care about and the batteries drain too fast. I order more stunt sabers than anything. I used to order them with stunt setups and then install sound myself, but anymore I just leave them as stunts. Unfortunately, there really aren't many options for sabers with no sound and color mixing. Once upon a time, Ultrasabers used to offer a setup with an RGB LED and three switches on the hilt. You could have whatever blade color you wanted by switching on the correct LEDs. They did away with that setup after they added Emerald.

Saber Surfer
Administrator
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 8

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2023, 06:33:33 PM »

Actually, the Dominix and Aeon V2 both still have the RGB with the three buttons. You would select the RGB from the blade color when customizing. There are a few of the Premium sabers that are still available with RGB, but not many.

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2023, 07:04:46 PM »

Nice pics, Noob^^  I like your Pro/Con list; all of your points are valid.

The Aeon is a very aesthetically pleasing hilt with some nice choke points, coloring, and (my personal favorite) a windowed emitter...

...But--as you said--those claws make it VERY uncomfortable to wield.  I have an Initiate v5 that LOOKS great but it's just not a particularly ergonomic design that I personally like.

Also, I prefer the Lite Sound board for its simplicity.  Point of fact, whenever I'm at a Con, I'll bring one or two of my Ultrasabers and constantly am asked questions about how well it performs, sounds, etc.  Suffice it to say, after wielding one, they are most definitely interested  Cheesy

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

ANoob
Knight Templar

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2023, 07:55:31 PM »

Thanks everyone got commenting on this review. Love you all.

Stats (vitals)
Collection so far

My number 2 sleep  saber

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2023, 09:16:44 PM »

Actually, the Dominix and Aeon V2 both still have the RGB with the three buttons. You would select the RGB from the blade color when customizing. There are a few of the Premium sabers that are still available with RGB, but not many.

Ha! I didn't know that was still an option. Awesome.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2023, 02:25:43 AM »

I'm almost tempted to get an Aeon V2 RGB just for the nostalgia now...

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2023, 02:48:42 AM »

I'm almost tempted to get an Aeon V2 RGB just for the nostalgia now...

I had one in my cart earlier.  Cheesy

ANoob
Knight Templar

« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2023, 03:32:49 AM »

I take that back about the dancing. I did dance with the Aeon v5 le last night. Was not bad at all and the claws on the emitter and pommel didn’t bother me. I usually don’t use it with the clawed pommel. Only use the clawed pommel for socializing. I did try dueling with it. I don’t remember how comfortable it was because I was distracted by a wobbly blade retention screw placement.

I also forgot to mention I refer to this saber as my old night saber. I hardly use it at night anymore.

Stats (vitals)
Collection so far

My number 2 sleep  saber

MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 603

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2023, 09:01:41 PM »

If you flip the claws around at the emitter so the points are towards the blade then the comfort level is 10 times better!! Just saying. Wink

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/s & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/s an silver foc
 Archon CG w/s an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/s an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite s and AB foc
 Exile in CG w/s an silver foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Free)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (Raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Dark Initiate V2 in GB (free)
 Franken saber in VA
 Dominix LE V2 in BR (friend)
Wish list: Sound in my Guardian, Dark Prophecy BR

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2023, 10:50:50 PM »

I have an all silver Aeon V5, so I just sanded the backs of my claws. Wink

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up