Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Question from a budding saber enthusiast  (Read 493 times)
vhfisher
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: September 10, 2020, 02:19:19 PM »

Hello everyone!
How does one go about upgrading a stunt saber?
I have an Apprentice v4 that I would like to make some changes to (+sound, new pommel, illuminated AV switch and covertec wheel additions), but am not sure if I am savvy enough to make the changes myself. Can you send the hilt back to US for an upgrade (or another saber smith), or do you need to purchase the pieces and DIY? Also, if you can ship the hilt back to US headquarters, how are the necessary charges made to your account/how do you pay for their services?
Thanks for your help!
VHF

Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -488

Grey Jedi with MAJOR Sith-like tendencies

« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2020, 02:48:26 PM »

You can send it back and they will do the upgrades. Of course there will be a charge for the upgrades and rewiring. Email Ultrasabers 1st.  They can give you a list of upgrades and prices. Plus tell you how to go about the entire process. Start with the email.

My Collection: Monarch CE

Wish list:  maybe a Sword of Omens (not sure which color)

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2020, 04:54:51 PM »

You can send it back and they will do the upgrades. Of course there will be a charge for the upgrades and rewiring. Email Ultrasabers 1st.  They can give you a list of upgrades and prices. Plus tell you how to go about the entire process. Start with the email.

Yes, this is exactly what you need to do.  Tell them the saber you have, and exactly what upgrades you want, and they will reply with a line-item price list (or at least, they did with me).  They will then outline the steps you need to take to make that happen.  Note that it would have been cheaper to order exactly what you wanted the first time, but if you’re like me, you didn’t know you wanted all that stuff until you had the saber in your hands and had gotten a chance to examine it closely and use it for a while.

After you get the cost estimate, compare that to the price of ordering another complete saber that has all the upgrades you want, and you just might find, like I did, that the relatively small difference in price could make purchasing a second saber the better choice.  After all, if you need to spend $Chunk-of-change to get your saber upgraded, and you can spend $Chunk-of-change plus $Small-amount to get a second saber that has all those features, PLUS you will still have that first saber as a stunt saber, maybe it’s worth $Small-amount extra.  For me, that was the case.  For you, right now, it might not be, but do take a look at it.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

firehand10k
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 388

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2020, 04:55:15 AM »

That's one way. Its also not too hard to do yourself and no labor charge. I buy all my sabers as stunts just so I can add the sound I want later. But I also like selected parts better than what US offers, like 12mm av switches instead of 16.

Have:
Azure Reaper
Crimson Scorpion
Aeon LE  V4 pair
Monarch
Azure Omen
Mantis
Manticore CE
Guardian
Chosen One
Graflex
Menace staff