Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11   Go Down
Author Topic: How to make a black lightsaber blade disscusion  (Read 153051 times)
Big Boss
Mandalore
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -323

Galactic basic you nerfherder! Do you speak it!?

« on: August 16, 2012, 02:46:46 PM »

Due to recent black lightsaber blade threads popping up repeatedly in the past. I've taken the liberty to create the ONE AND ONLY BLACK LIGHTSABER THREAD. All discussion about the creation of a black lightsaber blade should and only be discussed here. Any other new black lightsaber blade threads that pop up will be merged with this one and the original poster will receive this sad face in a pm. Cry  I repeat don't make any more black lightsaber blade threads, this shall be the ONLY ONE.

- Here's a link to all the past black lightsaber blade threads that I have found. The topic is locked and they are now merged. Look to them for inspiration... Wink
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=745.0

- Known examples of people who actually made or attempted some type of a black lightsaber blade from around the internet are shown below. Any new discoveries or attempts will be added as they come up.  

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPqGZHLIeuI" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPqGZHLIeuI</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjFZ8-dJmdA" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjFZ8-dJmdA</a>

So go on and discuss a way.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 04:40:37 PM by Moderator Big Boss » Logged

One must die and one must live. No victory, no defeat. The survivor will carry on the fight. It is our destiny... The one who survives will inherit the title of Boss.-BIG BASS

grave13
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: -17

darkside points valued

« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2012, 04:34:08 PM »

thank you so much for merging all the black light saber posts into one. honestly wish they just go away but......there seems to people who actually want to see this thig become reality "impossible" but this is a good enough mimic to the effect. 

Darth Rifter
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -200

Darth Rifter and Jedi Keldor...Darn it I forgot.

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2012, 10:28:09 PM »

wow, from the right angle those look perfect as we can get.

reiperx
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 71

Do you serve a purpose or purposely serve?

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2012, 02:56:37 AM »

I can honestly say I really dislike Blacksabers in games but the purple one does look really good.

I think after I'm done with my first custom saber, I may buy a spare blade and do that just to see how it turns out. Would have to do silver or blue on the color.

Thinking the key to it would be inserting a tube into the center of the blade with a glossy black coating, this way a majority of the light would go up the white walls of the blade, and some would reflect off of the glossy coating. The video looks decent but only works at certain angles and that defeats the purpose.

« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 03:10:22 AM by reiperx » Logged

BlackHawk
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -38

I cannot be seen, for black is colorless...

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2012, 03:51:33 AM »

I want UltraSabers to make a black blade sooooo badly

Dark Side points are what I desire...

grave13
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: -17

darkside points valued

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2012, 05:02:40 AM »

I for one do not want this. Ceasar says no....

Darth Nekesus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -164

Resident Zabrak and LoL addict.

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2012, 05:28:32 AM »

I want UltraSabers to make a black blade sooooo badly

This I would buy.
Due to recent black lightsaber blade threads popping up repeatedly in the past. I've taken the liberty to create the ONE AND ONLY BLACK LIGHTSABER THREAD. All discussion about the creation of a black lightsaber blade should and only be discussed here. Any other new black lightsaber blade threads that pop up will be merged with this one and the original poster will receive this sad face in a pm. Cry  I repeat don't make any more black lightsaber blade threads, this shall be the ONLY ONE.

THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE!!

I personally would love to have a black blade.  I know it is impossible but It would be awesome. 

"At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi. At last we will have revenge"
-Darth Maul-

DVA and CG Phantom V3 LE
Custom Painted SRD Aeon V2
Overlord with Obsidian and Emerald

sirane_willts
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2012, 05:55:54 AM »

I would buy this in a heart beat

Dark Initiate V2 FO-MG

Darth Dau Kho
Knight Major

Force Alignment: -43

Darkside points please

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2012, 09:58:28 AM »

Going to attempt this in the near future

BR SI, GB Dark Initiate v3, CG Dark Initiate v3, GB Archon v2 Obsidian, AS Custom Aeon v2, AB Dark Initiate v3, VA Dark Initiate v3, VA Initiate v2

Alvalon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 6

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2012, 11:36:35 PM »

I think the idea of a black blade is . . . okay, but I don't know if I would buy one. Ignoring the fact that it is, physically, impossible, I think having a black blade defeats the purpose of a LIGHTsaber. Just my two cents.

OrigamiGuru
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -2

Grey Jedi

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2012, 11:07:45 PM »

Lately I've wondered about a saber with a blacklight effect. Sort of a DVA or indigo that makes things glow. No idea how to do this though, short of rigging a blacklight fluorescent tube to a saber handle. No way in heck you could duel or spin it though...

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2012, 12:40:33 AM »

Lately I've wondered about a saber with a blacklight effect. Sort of a DVA or indigo that makes things glow. No idea how to do this though, short of rigging a blacklight fluorescent tube to a saber handle. No way in heck you could duel or spin it though...

They make LEDs in UV. You'd probably have to custom order the LED itself, and (as someone else pointed out) utilize a 4-LED base with regular color to get the full lighting effect. My guess is that you would need 1 or 2 UV LED dies on the same base as a royal blue die and a deep red die, in order to get the bright color AND have the blacklight capability.

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

OrigamiGuru
Knight Apprentice

Grey Jedi

« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2012, 12:45:20 AM »

I did not know they made UV LEDs, that is DEFINITELY getting earmarked for a future project.

Bowlfinger
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2012, 02:35:18 AM »

This is not what i ment in my thred about blacklight blades..i ment a blacklight led for blade color
making it a deep purple with no visible light other than what is reflected off of fluorescents or the color white.
i dont want a black core blade.

OrigamiGuru
Knight Apprentice

Grey Jedi

« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2012, 03:23:34 AM »

That's what a UV LED is, an LED with the blacklight effect. Adding blue and red would enhance the purple color and make it brighter but are not necessary.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: