Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1290342 times)
Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2770

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1290 on: August 15, 2015, 02:28:51 AM »

To pique their interest again, remind them that it's what Steven Seagal practices. Even though the man himself is a hotheaded idiot, one cannot deny that he has skills.

You just killed it for me.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #1291 on: August 15, 2015, 03:14:50 AM »

You just killed it for me.

Oh no you don't...

YOU MUST LIVE!!!!!

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #1292 on: August 15, 2015, 03:20:24 AM »

Hey Jev.  That was so funny.  But where's the hairball.  Cheesy  Have you seen a photo of Seagal lately ?
« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 03:25:23 AM by Dauntless Seven » Logged

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

The Mad Professor

« Reply #1293 on: August 15, 2015, 03:25:54 AM »

Hey Jev.  That was so funny.  But where's the hairball.  Cheesy

See where his mouth immediately shuts? That's not a smile. That's the same thing as when we clamp our mouths shut to prevent vomiting until we get to a bathroom.

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #1294 on: August 15, 2015, 03:45:41 AM »

Oh I just had to ask and got the graphic version for reply.  Reluctant point for the good to know helpful tip. Thanks I guess.  Undecided

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

The Mad Professor

« Reply #1295 on: August 15, 2015, 03:53:21 AM »

Oh I just had to ask and got the graphic version for reply.  Reluctant point for the good to know helpful tip. Thanks I guess.  Undecided

Always happy to oblige!

wargame_insomniac
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 48

« Reply #1296 on: August 15, 2015, 12:02:16 PM »

Yeah it really bites when people who think they know it all give a bad name to those of us that do. Grin
Is that false modesty? Oh no, wait.....

Smiley

James

wargame_insomniac
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 48

« Reply #1297 on: August 15, 2015, 12:04:26 PM »

I mean, I've done paleontology professionally too - so I can at least answer the questions when people get excited about it.
It just makes me sad when they're like omg archaeologist! and I'm like yes! and they're like T-Rex and I'm like, oh.
Ok so not T-Rex. What about Raptors??

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #1298 on: August 15, 2015, 06:15:35 PM »

I usually just say something like "If you're gonna ride my ass like that, at least have the decency to pull my hair."

"Since you're so close, I got this huge pimple on my back, if you could do me a favor and pop it for me, I would be eternally grateful."

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Darth Severus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -141

« Reply #1299 on: August 17, 2015, 05:35:58 AM »

I finished "Lords of the Sith", yesterday and overall its a good book and I would recommend it, but in all honesty if I was going to title a book, "Lords of the Sith" I would at least have it primarily deal with I don't know Sith Lords.

Now I didn't do a work count but over 50% of the book dealt with Twi'lek's and the Free Ryloth movement, (with the Imperial infighting between the leaders of that sector included as a bonus.) This is a common thread amongst "darkside" books, the fact that a third to two thirds of the book is actually spent on lightside characters kills me. I know in general you have to build up an opponent but look at the OT, very little of Vader, Maul, Dooku actually on screen, just a hint to have the threat feel real. Is it too much to ask to have the books dedicated to the Darkside characters to be at least 50% darkside?

It is not the side of the force we chose, but our actions that define us.
Dark Liberator-AS
Phantasm Staff -DVA

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 3214

You can't take the sky from me....

« Reply #1300 on: August 17, 2015, 06:16:27 AM »

I work in insurance and for the last three plus years have been studying my company’s policy along with spending a lot of time studying insurance education in general. I’ve worked with our company lawyers so long story short I have a fairly good grasp of what is legal in the state I work and what the insurance commissioner of Washington state will allow. But sure guy(or gal) that’s profession isn’t insurance you are right, I don’t know what I’m talking about. The fact that you think you have special rights actually means something and I should throw this legally binding contract of adhesion you signed away because you obviously know more about this than me.

I deal with this shavit all the time working in automotive parts and accessories. I am a woman so CLEARLY I have no idea what I'm talking about when it comes to cars. Despite being the senior team member coz I've been in this damn place for 8 years. My husband regularly laughs and tells me that it's so silly people are like that because my car knowledge far exceeds most of their first and second year apprentices (he's head mechanic at a prestige autos mechanic). My fav is when customers ask me for advice, I give it to them (usually based on looking it up with the supplier/ manufacturers recommendations), then they proceed to tell me I'm wrong. If you didn't actually want my advice why ask for it?!

Though the other day I showed my boss up. I was helping a customer with engine oil, walked away to check which he needed, walked back and my boss had taken over helping him (no idea why coz he knew I was helping him) and was babbling some rubbish about what a certain acronym stood for and getting it monumentally wrong. I said errr no it means this. The customer then practically ignored my boss and kept asking me his remaining questions and complimented my knowledge and how pleased he was that they had intelligent people working here.

Yay for small wins!

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

Groovidad
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Darth Groove

« Reply #1301 on: August 17, 2015, 06:29:06 AM »

LOL!  EXACTLY what I envisioned when I posted!  Major POINT to you, oh studier of the antiquated! Smiley

Failure is NOT an option!
ARSENAL
Dark Initiate LE v3; BR w/VA FoC; OBS v4
Chosen One CE; BR w/AS FoC; AV red; OBS v4
Dominix LE v3; VA W/AB FoC, AV red, OBS v4
Dark Liberator v3; FO, OBS v3
Guardian CE; Emerald, Black AV yellow, OBS v4
Sentinel v4, Windows, SRD w/AB FoC, Silver AV blue, OBS v4
Graflex SE, Emerald, silver AV, Brass buttons, OBS v3
Prophecy, GB blade, OBS v3, Silver AV
Standard Issue BS, GB w/VA FoC, Silver AV Green, OBS v3
Crimson Reaper, Emerald, Silver AV Blue, OBS v3, recharge port
Crimson Liberator, Stunt
Archon v2.1; CG w/AS FoC, AV Blue, OBS v4

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2770

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1302 on: August 17, 2015, 01:25:41 PM »

Oh no you don't...

YOU MUST LIVE!!!!!

Funny as this probably was (can't view it), I just can't stand Seagal.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 530

Be who you are and say what you feel

« Reply #1303 on: August 17, 2015, 03:35:22 PM »

Okay, martial arts rant.

Let me just say that I cannot stand to use Seagal as an Aikido example.  In fact, it irritates me when other Aikidoka are like, "Oh, this art is what SEAGAL practices!"   Ugh, no.  I have seen so many Shodans (and above) that just blow him out of the damn water.  And I hate that he's the "poster child" for Aikido.  No, he isn't.  He uses a lot of the techniques in ways that are just not practical and wouldn't actually work without serious modification.  I refuse to use him as "the" example of what Aikido is.   Because he's got the wrong mindset and the wrong technique.  Wtf, just no forever.

Okay, I'm done.   Wink  Cheesy

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #1304 on: August 17, 2015, 05:13:41 PM »

Okay, martial arts rant.

Let me just say that I cannot stand to use Seagal as an Aikido example.  In fact, it irritates me when other Aikidoka are like, "Oh, this art is what SEAGAL practices!"   Ugh, no.  I have seen so many Shodans (and above) that just blow him out of the damn water.  And I hate that he's the "poster child" for Aikido.  No, he isn't.  He uses a lot of the techniques in ways that are just not practical and wouldn't actually work without serious modification.  I refuse to use him as "the" example of what Aikido is.   Because he's got the wrong mindset and the wrong technique.  Wtf, just no forever.

Okay, I'm done.   Wink  Cheesy

Kinda like how I refuse to acknowledge Ted Nugent as a musician, since his guitar parts usually consist of the simplest riffs one could imagine, and are typically only based off simple pentatonic scales? Not to mention his "bass player" usually doesn't hit more than TWO notes in a song! Kinda like that?

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: