Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1291781 times)
GregG124
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 436

There is only The Force.

« Reply #1740 on: February 23, 2016, 11:00:52 PM »

this actually has me thinking about a very funny scene in the Howard Stern movie Private Parts, where he has just moved to NBC and gets pulled in by the head honchos and told about the 7 so-called dirty words (which i won't be repeating here for obvious reasons)
S, P, F, C, CS-er, MF-er?Huh? right? there's a standup routine about it and a Blink 182 song

Sabers I Own:
Dominix LE V4 (Obsidian V3) - Consular Green
Arbiter (Obsidian Lite) - Consular Green
Liberator V3 (Stunt) - Guardian Blue

Light Side Points Appreciated

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -480

« Reply #1741 on: February 23, 2016, 11:07:23 PM »

oops. sorry. i stand corrected. thanks Calon Smiley

Any time.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #1742 on: February 23, 2016, 11:08:39 PM »

S, P, F, C, CS-er, MF-er?Huh? right? there's a standup routine about it and a Blink 182 song
CS-er, MF-er, F, S, C (female), C (male), and P (female). am surprised the other "P" word didn't make the list, but that's probably a cultural difference.

who does the standup routine?

GregG124
Knight Commander

There is only The Force.

« Reply #1743 on: February 23, 2016, 11:11:37 PM »

CS-er, MF-er, F, S, C (female), C (male), and P (female). am surprised the other "P" word didn't make the list, but that's probably a cultural difference.

who does the standup routine?
George Carlin.

Sabers I Own:

Darth Justicar
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -567

Sun of Starkiller

« Reply #1744 on: February 23, 2016, 11:30:49 PM »

There are other words that Americans use, that are innocent or at least mild over here, that cause a fury across the pond.

For example, Miles O'Brien got away with one on DS9 that was not censored over here, but was in the UK.  Also, Weird Al got some flak a few years ago over something in "Word Crimes" that was a much bigger deal in the UK than here.

You all have to look that up on your own--I won't be telling you those words--but definitely examples of cultural differences.

"Anger is a tool.  Use it; do not let it use you."
       --Gul Verden in Debtors' Planet by W.R. Thompson

"I'm a little Renlet, short and 'stout'
Here is my saber, watch me scream and shout!"
       --Lyrics by Jev Moldara

Flamberge BR with v4 Obsidian and 4-inch side blades

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #1745 on: February 23, 2016, 11:38:58 PM »

It's also a generational thing. The word "suck" used in a negative context is no big deal to most people under 40. But I know plenty of older people who think it as a swear word. Not to mention certain racial/ethnic/sexist etc. slurs that we would never dream of using, used to be commonplace, and no one gave a rat's behind.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Darth Justicar
Knight Commander

Sun of Starkiller

« Reply #1746 on: February 23, 2016, 11:51:06 PM »

Regarding "suck," I have a book from when I was little (probably written in the early 80's, maybe late 70's) where it wasn't so bad they wouldn't put it in print, but enough that the kid who said it got chewed out for cursing.

--Lyrics by Jev Moldara

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 530

Be who you are and say what you feel

« Reply #1747 on: February 24, 2016, 02:24:11 AM »

I had this very quirky teacher who once would become a ball of FURY if you said the word "screwed."  Now, I'm not talking about it in a sexualized context, either.  I'm talking about, "I screwed up."  She would become filled with anger and rage.  It was the oddest thing I had ever seen . . . and she was only in her 30's!

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #1748 on: February 24, 2016, 02:30:00 AM »

I had this very quirky teacher who once would become a ball of FURY if you said the word "screwed."  Now, I'm not talking about it in a sexualized context, either.  I'm talking about, "I screwed up."  She would become filled with anger and rage.  It was the oddest thing I had ever seen . . . and she was only in her 30's!

She was just screwing with you.

Signature banner by DarthScrub

brthegreat
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 39

Follower of the Light

« Reply #1749 on: February 24, 2016, 02:46:06 AM »

Piss can not be a cuss word. I'm always like, "got to take a piss". The word pissing, at least here in So Cal is used as often as "What up". Usually meaning I got to number 1, or the other guy angers me.  The last time I got in trouble for that was in 11th grade, when me and the librarian were talking about soccer/football and he was also an ap lit teacher so he forced me to stop using it lol.

“When 900 years old, you reach… Look as good, you will not.”-Yoda

Whitakker
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 28

Demons run when a good man goes to war.

« Reply #1750 on: February 24, 2016, 05:31:47 AM »

Got seriously mad at FedEx today.  I was at work when they brought my first grab bag saber to my apartment, where BOTH of my roommates were in at the time.  My roomies told me the delivery guy knocked on the door, and didn't even give them time to get from their room to the front door before bolting away, my saber in hand, and a door tag on my door telling me he'd be back tomorrow.  Thus began my horrendous and entirely stressful journey of navigating FedEx's automated system on the phone--

SIDE TANGENT: Can we all agree that automated phone systems were invented by Satan himself? /endsidetangent

to get in touch with the local distribution center to see if they could get the driver to do a reattempt.  After SEVERAL attempts to stay on the line, one time I'm pretty sure they hung up on my hold call, they tell me the driver can't come back, but I can come to the distribution center until 8pm to get it.  I am at work at this time still, and I didn't get to leave until 6:30, and had to drive an hour to get to the site, then another hour back to my place.

"Now Whit," I'm sure you're saying, "shouldn't you just have let the driver come tomorrow and drop it off?"  To that I say HELL NO!  The driver couldn't be f***ed to wait for 10 extra seconds for my roomie to answer a door?  How busy can you possibly be?  I say this after having been in a delivery job before (Domino's Pizza, to be precise), and that kind of sloppiness is downright inexcusable.

But hey, at the end of the LONG LONG LONG day--seriously, today just sucked all around--my first saber is in my hands...so the final victory is mine.

Aeon v4-- SRD

Wishlist:
Scorpion w/Emerald Driver
Catalyst in Guardian Blue w/Obsidian v3

Darth Justicar
Knight Commander

Sun of Starkiller

« Reply #1751 on: February 24, 2016, 05:38:42 AM »

Got seriously mad at FedEx today.  I was at work when they brought my first grab bag saber to my apartment, where BOTH of my roommates were in at the time.  My roomies told me the delivery guy knocked on the door, and didn't even give them time to get from their room to the front door before bolting away, my saber in hand, and a door tag on my door telling me he'd be back tomorrow.  Thus began my horrendous and entirely stressful journey of navigating FedEx's automated system on the phone--

SIDE TANGENT: Can we all agree that automated phone systems were invented by Satan himself? /endsidetangent

To cheat your way around FedEx's phone system, just say "Representative" until it cuts you over to a live person.  That will save you a lot of frustration with their phone menu should you have to do that again.

to get in touch with the local distribution center to see if they could get the driver to do a reattempt.  After SEVERAL attempts to stay on the line, one time I'm pretty sure they hung up on my hold call, they tell me the driver can't come back, but I can come to the distribution center until 8pm to get it.  I am at work at this time still, and I didn't get to leave until 6:30, and had to drive an hour to get to the site, then another hour back to my place.

"Now Whit," I'm sure you're saying, "shouldn't you just have let the driver come tomorrow and drop it off?"  To that I say HELL NO!  The driver couldn't be f***ed to wait for 10 extra seconds for my roomie to answer a door?  How busy can you possibly be?  I say this after having been in a delivery job before (Domino's Pizza, to be precise), and that kind of sloppiness is downright inexcusable.

But hey, at the end of the LONG LONG LONG day--seriously, today just sucked all around--my first saber is in my hands...so the final victory is mine.

I am glad you got your saber, though.

--Lyrics by Jev Moldara

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2770

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1752 on: February 24, 2016, 07:42:29 PM »

WTF? How we get blizzard conditions at the ass end of winter?

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

GregG124
Knight Commander

There is only The Force.

« Reply #1753 on: February 24, 2016, 07:48:44 PM »

Venting about safety. We've had 2 earthquakes in California in the span of about two weeks. I've never felt an earthquake before and my school is on a very VERY solid foundation so no one at school felt it.

I'm honestly upset that I didn't get to feel either of them.

End of my silly rant.

Sabers I Own:

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #1754 on: February 24, 2016, 07:53:55 PM »

Venting about safety. We've had 2 earthquakes in California in the span of about two weeks. I've never felt an earthquake before and my school is on a very VERY solid foundation so no one at school felt it.

I'm honestly upset that I didn't get to feel either of them.

End of my silly rant.
You never forget your first earthquake. I lived in japan for two years, a country well known for its earthquakes. My first one woke me up at 3am on a Thursday. Good times Grin

Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: