Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 185 186 [187] 188 189 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1291562 times)
Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #2790 on: June 22, 2016, 06:38:15 PM »

I have the problem that I can never tell if I'm being to brief or just rambling. That's why I don't do creative writing....

Honestly, it's been this way EVERY single company I've worked for. They should simply implement a rule that everyone hired needs to do 90 days at an actual store, as both a regular associate and manager/supervisor so that they can see what it's actually like, and why certain things(like cutting available hours for scheduling down to nothing) does not work.
Morale is quite often the first casualty in any business unfortunately.

Money always wins.

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #2791 on: June 22, 2016, 06:42:53 PM »

Morale is quite often the first casualty in any business unfortunately.

Money always wins.

Sadly, this is a true statement.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 530

Be who you are and say what you feel

« Reply #2792 on: June 22, 2016, 06:49:37 PM »

Let's not forget this "the customer is always right!" crap that allows customers to throw tantrums, berate employees, and create a scene.  But of course, as the employee, it's always YOUR fault somehow because you didn't kiss ass well enough.   Roll Eyes

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2770

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2793 on: June 22, 2016, 07:01:59 PM »

Let's not forget this "the customer is always right!" crap that allows customers to throw tantrums, berate employees, and create a scene.  But of course, as the employee, it's always YOUR fault somehow because you didn't kiss ass well enough.   Roll Eyes

This is why I love reminding people of that bit in Office Space about engineers not dealing well with customers.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #2794 on: June 22, 2016, 07:24:08 PM »

Yeah. Corporate didn't interact with the customer in the moment. Had they, they'd have seen the part where they came in already angry with a "heads will roll, I'm looking to pick a fight and make a scene" attitude, and what I did or did not do/say didn't actually matter. Just the fact that I was there and interacted with them first was enough.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Vivectius
Dark Liberator of Lost Posts
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -719

I always feel like he’s judging my posts.

« Reply #2795 on: June 23, 2016, 03:06:19 AM »

I always love how people read a lot into a story.

"Oh, the author made the door be painted blue to illustrate the existential sadness of the protagonist."

B.S.

The author probably did what just about every other author does and picked the color at random or because they like that particular color. There's nothing significant about it, so shut up.

But what if the author did make the door blue for that reason?

No, that's a serious question.  Some writers are like that.

Dang, I had to check what thread I was in before I knew whether I could keep going.

To those who disagree, do it respectfully.  We all have the right to run our mouths (obviously within the rules of wherever you're "speaking.")  And we all have the right to change the channel, tune to another station, turn the page, put the book down, or go to another site.  If you're offended, that's fine, I have faith in your ability to get over it.  If something is important to you, great.  Just don't expect everyone, or even anyone, to feel the same way or agree with you.

You only live once. Wrong.
You only die once.  You live every moment of your life.
The question is, are you alive, and living your life? Or just here, and watching your life go by?
------------------------------------------------------------------
I am the bone of my sword
 Steel is my body and fire is my blood
 I have created over a thousand blades
 Unknown to death
 Nor known to life
 Have withstood pain to create many weapons
 Yet those hands will never hold anything
 So, as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works.

BurceChuat
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 196

From my point of view, I have the high ground!

« Reply #2796 on: June 23, 2016, 03:08:36 AM »

Money always wins.

"Nobody exists on purpose, nobody belongs anywhere, everybody's gonna die."

Owned: Sentinel LE, TRI GB, V4 sound

Siblings':
Standard Issue, AS
Dark Apprentice, HP

Wishlist: Catalyst, Guardian, Manticore, Prophecy V3

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

« Reply #2797 on: June 23, 2016, 03:28:57 AM »

But what if the author did make the door blue for that reason?

No, that's a serious question.  Some writers are like that.

Some are, but it's much more common (at least in my experience) to read into something and the writer is standing there going, " . . . what? No." 

James Joyce, for example, thinks every word he writes is a golden nugget of symbolism.  Oh, whooops.  Sorry.  This isn't the joke thread.  Wink

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2770

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2798 on: June 23, 2016, 05:10:48 PM »

I always love how people read a lot into a story.

"Oh, the author made the door be painted blue to illustrate the existential sadness of the protagonist."

B.S.

The author probably did what just about every other author does and picked the color at random or because they like that particular color. There's nothing significant about it, so shut up.

I hate it when people try to read shell into what the artist (of whatever media) was thinking. To retaliate when I was 15, I did a self portrait, and dumped a lot of significance into it. But when I was coloring in the sky, I had inadvertently left 2 right angles uncolored. It kinda looked like a sheet of notebook paper, so I finished off. The final result looked like a blank sheet blowing in the wind. I love it when people don't get it. Tongue

I heard that M&Ms changed the original blue coating to be brighter because "that particular shade was depressing people." If you're getting depressed while eating chocolate, you have some seriously incurable issues, and need to stay the hell away from me, cuz I will rip the mickey out of you for it.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

« Reply #2799 on: June 23, 2016, 05:44:37 PM »

I tested a theory once in writing classes in college.  I used VERY blatant symbolism.   It was so blatant, I was sure my instructor was going to call me out for it and be like, "Noctis, please refrain from beating the reader over the head with this, thanks."   But not ONE person in the class saw it.  Instead, they picked up on something so absurdly random, I questioned my own damn story.  Go figure.   Tongue

Also, I like my chocolate naked.  Keep the candy coating. 

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #2800 on: June 23, 2016, 05:48:27 PM »

I tested a theory once in writing classes in college.  I used VERY blatant symbolism.   It was so blatant, I was sure my instructor was going to call me out for it and be like, "Noctis, please refrain from beating the reader over the head with this, thanks."   But not ONE person in the class saw it.  Instead, they picked up on something so absurdly random, I questioned my own damn story.  Go figure.   Tongue

OK, a couple of things.
1) your teacher called you Noctis? that's so cool
2) you like your chocolate naked? there's a naughty joke in there somewhere (but we have younger viewers so I shall refrain from posting it)

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

« Reply #2801 on: June 23, 2016, 05:54:40 PM »

OK, a couple of things.
1) your teacher called you Noctis? that's so cool
2) you like your chocolate naked? there's a naughty joke in there somewhere (but we have younger viewers so I shall refrain from posting it)

1.) My teacher actually called me Lord Satan the Supreme Ruler of All, but I don't like using my demon name on the internet.  People keep trying to summon me and I've got sh*t to do.
2.)  I like my chocolate naked AND raw.  WHAT NOW, BRO?

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #2802 on: June 23, 2016, 05:58:29 PM »

1.) My teacher actually called me Lord Satan the Supreme Ruler of All, but I don't like using my demon name on the internet.  People keep trying to summon me and I've got sh*t to do.
2.)  I like my chocolate naked AND raw.  WHAT NOW, BRO?

nooooooope. Nopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenope.

Not even gonna go there.

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Darth Justicar
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -567

Sun of Starkiller

« Reply #2803 on: June 23, 2016, 05:59:57 PM »

I've gotten to where I don't like those coatings either.  I started eating more organic food and as a result I now get really crazy aftertastes from dyes and artificial flavors.

"Anger is a tool.  Use it; do not let it use you."
       --Gul Verden in Debtors' Planet by W.R. Thompson

"I'm a little Renlet, short and 'stout'
Here is my saber, watch me scream and shout!"
       --Lyrics by Jev Moldara

Flamberge BR with v4 Obsidian and 4-inch side blades

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #2804 on: June 23, 2016, 06:01:44 PM »

2.)  I like my chocolate naked AND raw.  WHAT NOW, BRO?
So many responses....not enough time.....must resist

Lord Satan. I have horns. See everyone! written proof that we are the same person
(and I just finished writing a script Roll Eyes)

Pages: 1 ... 185 186 [187] 188 189 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: