Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 359 360 [361] 362 363 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1302192 times)
Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 838

Avatar from the DarthScrub's factory

« Reply #5400 on: October 11, 2017, 07:10:27 PM »

In todays mindset, medicating the problem is the first solution instead of the last...

It is changing here ... very famous Dr and PR from hospitals lead the move ... It is very interesting ...

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

For other free words of wisdom, dial 555-YODA

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 530

Be who you are and say what you feel

« Reply #5401 on: October 11, 2017, 10:04:58 PM »

Haven't, but psych is a health nut so he might be for it.. I'll run it by him today.. thanks for the heads up

I actually manage my ADHD and anxiety with supplements.  I tried a LOT of meds before that and I find that once you have the right combination of stuff, it can definitely pose some relief.  Of course, it may not work for everyone, but it worked for me and my anxiety used to be s-e-v-e-r-e.

In other news, what's with this trend of randomly assigning new meanings to words?  Had a kid tell me at work today that his friend was "curving him," so he came into the store to waste time.  I had to look that crap up to see what he was talking about.

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #5402 on: October 11, 2017, 10:47:12 PM »

I actually manage my ADHD and anxiety with supplements.  I tried a LOT of meds before that and I find that once you have the right combination of stuff, it can definitely pose some relief.  Of course, it may not work for everyone, but it worked for me and my anxiety used to be s-e-v-e-r-e.

In other news, what's with this trend of randomly assigning new meanings to words?  Had a kid tell me at work today that his friend was "curving him," so he came into the store to waste time.  I had to look that crap up to see what he was talking about.

For those of us who like correct grammar and word usage, what does "curving" someone mean in today's newfangled slang?

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #5403 on: October 12, 2017, 01:46:23 AM »

I had a coworker say she was gonna "Parley" this weekend..... needless to say I was confused until I realized she though it was slang for Party.....

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 530

Be who you are and say what you feel

« Reply #5404 on: October 12, 2017, 03:00:15 AM »

For those of us who like correct grammar and word usage, what does "curving" someone mean in today's newfangled slang?

I think it means to reject or ignore someone.  Freakin' stupid.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #5405 on: October 12, 2017, 03:07:44 AM »

I think it means to reject or ignore someone.  Freakin' stupid.

Here's what I found

The act of a girl (or guy) leaning in for a kiss, then suddenly move their head to reject the kiss and throw off the opposition.

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 0

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #5406 on: October 12, 2017, 03:18:47 AM »

I talk to too many single people.. so I know the words

Curving is when someone is being with you, for "benefits only" but trying to steer clear or curve away from acknowledging that  they are something meaningful.. so trying to keep it a hookup, and nothing serious, so they stop talking to the other, get rude.. like stashing.

Parley, it's more like chill, or hang out

No points, just fist bumps baby!

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #5407 on: October 12, 2017, 03:31:03 AM »

Where do they get this stuff... do people just hear words never ask or look them up. 

Parley:

a conference between opposing sides in a dispute, especially a discussion of terms for an armistice.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #5408 on: October 12, 2017, 01:26:34 PM »

My mental health has improved leaps since starting hormones....probably won't work for most of you though. Cheesy

Though I might suggest visiting an endocronologist. You'd be surprised what an imbalance of hormones can do to the body, but particularly the brain. Getting that sorted can work wonders. Wink

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #5409 on: October 12, 2017, 01:27:35 PM »

Where do they get this stuff... do people just hear words never ask or look them up. 

Parley:

a conference between opposing sides in a dispute, especially a discussion of terms for an armistice.

Damn kids now-a-days... Point for proper definition of Parley.

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2771

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #5410 on: October 12, 2017, 01:58:26 PM »

I had a coworker say she was gonna "Parley" this weekend..... needless to say I was confused until I realized she though it was slang for Party.....
Um........wrong. Captain Sparrow didn't want to "party" with the undead pirates. Although more than likely he would expect rum.

I talk to too many single people.. so I know the words

Curving is when someone is being with you, for "benefits only" but trying to steer clear or curve away from acknowledging that  they are something meaningful.. so trying to keep it a hookup, and nothing serious, so they stop talking to the other, get rude.. like stashing.

Da fuq?

Damn kids now-a-days... Point for proper definition of Parley.
There shall be no quarter given to those that desecrate the glory of the English language.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -480

« Reply #5411 on: October 12, 2017, 02:57:47 PM »

You have to admit English already has some pretty dumb stuff.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2771

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #5412 on: October 12, 2017, 03:31:37 PM »

You have to admit English already has some pretty dumb stuff.
I before E except after C and when sounding like A.

Weird.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #5413 on: October 12, 2017, 03:37:10 PM »

American English. We don't "borrow" from other languages. We sneak up on them in a dark alley, club them over the head, and rifle through their pockets for loose grammar.

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 838

Avatar from the DarthScrub's factory

« Reply #5414 on: October 12, 2017, 06:30:39 PM »

All Language are like this ... I think it is generational  Grin

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

For other free words of wisdom, dial 555-YODA

Pages: 1 ... 359 360 [361] 362 363 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: