Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 555 556 [557] 558 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1282116 times)
KaiserSosay
Duke of the Diamond Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -839

« Reply #8340 on: February 05, 2021, 02:24:05 PM »

Running on two hours of sleep, zero coffee or food intake, the promise of a paycheck, and pure spite.

And not so much as a thank you. People suck.

I wanted to reply and give you my sympathy immediately after you posted this.
I didn't because my first thoughts echoed Darth P's. "Did you join the military?  Must be the airforce or navy because you didn't mention people shooting at you!"  
  I'm sorry. It is my nature to be an Ahole.  I have felt the same  far to many times. You have my sincere sympathy!

"The calendar may have changed, but it still feels like 2020".

The most accurate thing I've heard so far this year.

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #8341 on: February 05, 2021, 08:52:10 PM »

I wanted to reply and give you my sympathy immediately after you posted this.
I didn't because my first thoughts echoed Darth P's. "Did you join the military?  Must be the airforce or navy because you didn't mention people shooting at you!"  
  I'm sorry. It is my nature to be an Ahole.  I have felt the same  far to many times. You have my sincere sympathy!

"The calendar may have changed, but it still feels like 2020".

The most accurate thing I've heard so far this year.

No military service for me. Anxiety and asthma would make for a poor candidate. Instead I support those more brave and able than I  Smiley

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Korriban Armory Chief, Sith Mage, Hybrid Sith...

« Reply #8342 on: February 05, 2021, 11:00:20 PM »

No military service for me. Anxiety and asthma would make for a poor candidate. Instead I support those more brave and able than I  Smiley

You still might have made one heck of a drone pilot.

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #8343 on: February 06, 2021, 12:29:32 AM »

You still might have made one heck of a drone pilot.

Funny you should mention I plan on getting my drone license this summer

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

« Reply #8344 on: February 06, 2021, 12:45:40 AM »

Funny you should mention I plan on getting my drone license this summer

Only going to become a more desirable/growing field commercially in the years to come...

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #8345 on: February 17, 2021, 03:22:15 PM »

People who get impatient with UltraSabers when the entire state of Texas is dealing with winter weather that most of it is COMPLETELY unequipped to handle, and when power in the state is unreliable at best...

Wow.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

« Reply #8346 on: February 18, 2021, 03:19:31 AM »

People who get impatient with UltraSabers when the entire state of Texas is dealing with winter weather that most of it is COMPLETELY unequipped to handle, and when power in the state is unreliable at best...

Wow.

Too true, if anyone posted about being confused about any delays in the last 2-3 days... or for the next like 2-3 weeks, they obviously live under a rock or don't watch the news. For reference, Texas doesn't generally get snow annually! They are (obviously) one of the most southern states, with a largely arid almost desert or prairie climate. They see snow like once every 5-7 years and it's not generally across the whole state by any means. It certainly doesn't coat the ground for long, or persist for more than a few days/a week tops. So they don't have plows, salt stockpiles, and frankly the majority of it's residents don't have knowledge/experience generally required to drive proficiently in it (that's not a criticism, just a fact. It takes experience to accelerate and break efficiently/safely on snow and ice). So yeah, it's a bit self centered or naïve to be super concerned about your order status when people are without power, freezing, or getting in car wrecks amid this unnatural chaos. I suppose I could cut slack to the international crowd for being uninformed up to a point, but I'd think this craziness was enough to hit even international news to some extent, and oh yeah the internet.

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #8347 on: February 19, 2021, 05:29:41 AM »

One of the few occasions "Please excuse us the State is broken" is applicable.

Jedi_Phoenix
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 223

Light side points preferred if I earn them....

« Reply #8348 on: February 19, 2021, 01:33:58 PM »

Wow.

No kidding; people are literally freezing to death in this craziness.  The last thing Ultrasabers needs is a bombardment of emails asking about orders.

Doing the best I can with what I've got...

PERSONAL ARSENAL:
The Fallen - Tri-cree Silver
Initiate V2 - Guardian Blue
Apprentice V4 - Fire Orange
Apprentice LE V5 - Blazing Red
Shock - Consular Green
Frankensaber "Emerald Fury" - Consular Green w/ Silver flash
Emperor's Hand - Violet Amethyst w/ silver flash
The Guardian - Guardian Blue w/ silver flash

FAMILY SABERS:
Aeon LE v5 - Tri-cree Guardian Blue
Archon v2.1 - Tri-cree Consular Green
Savior - Violet Amethyst
Manticore - Tri-cree Blazing Red
Princess (golden) - Violet Amethyst

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -294

Dark Side points preferred when earned, thx.

« Reply #8349 on: February 19, 2021, 01:53:06 PM »

No kidding; people are literally freezing to death in this craziness.  The last thing Ultrasabers needs is a bombardment of emails asking about orders.
True, but had I not been on this forum and went to look it up online afterwards, I wouldn't have known. Somehow, French media took their time to talk about that.

Owned :
* Black Empress Emerald, Fire Orange with Pyrestone Orange FOC
* Spectre Emerald, Sentinel Yellow Adegan Silver FOC
* Guardian GB nickel plated shroud AB FOC
* Initiate LEV5 Blazing red/red illuminated AVswitch
* Dark Initiate LEV5 SRD/green illuminated AVswitch
* Emperor's Hand BVA/VA BH FOC
* 2 x windowed initiate v4 (silver + red)
* Liberator v3 arctic blue
* Dark sentinel LEV5 yellow / Sentinel LEV5 VA
* Dominix VA
* Fallen Azur, LE and Crimson pixel
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #8350 on: February 19, 2021, 01:58:21 PM »

True, but had I not been on this forum and went to look it up online afterwards, I wouldn't have known. Somehow, French media took their time to talk about that.
To be fair, unless it’s a slow news day, I wouldn’t expect the French media to cover this; other things affect the French people’s lives far more than ice and snow across a huge portion of the US.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -294

Dark Side points preferred when earned, thx.

« Reply #8351 on: February 19, 2021, 02:08:08 PM »

To be fair, unless it’s a slow news day, I wouldn’t expect the French media to cover this; other things affect the French people’s lives far more than ice and snow across a huge portion of the US.
True. But still. Explaining why they have trouble shipping/answering/working is the good method. Since all US customers do not live in the US/know about the situation in Texas. =)

Owned :
* Black Empress Emerald, Fire Orange with Pyrestone Orange FOC
* Spectre Emerald, Sentinel Yellow Adegan Silver FOC
* Guardian GB nickel plated shroud AB FOC
* Initiate LEV5 Blazing red/red illuminated AVswitch
* Dark Initiate LEV5 SRD/green illuminated AVswitch
* Emperor's Hand BVA/VA BH FOC
* 2 x windowed initiate v4 (silver + red)
* Liberator v3 arctic blue
* Dark sentinel LEV5 yellow / Sentinel LEV5 VA
* Dominix VA
* Fallen Azur, LE and Crimson pixel
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

nunya
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 59

« Reply #8352 on: February 19, 2021, 08:38:02 PM »

It is a sad time when the state where I live makes news on the other side of the world for this kind of event.  2020 part deux

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

« Reply #8353 on: February 26, 2021, 01:02:54 AM »

I've got a general gripe about watching series/movies online. I'm bothered by the people whom wrote out the titles for episodes (originally or on sites), the descriptions of movies/episodes before you watch them, and especially by the suggestions that pop up showing all these scenes from whatever it is. Meant to get you interested or "bait" viewers into watching but ultimately showing things that will happen. I mean it's just ridiculous sometimes! It's like they blatantly ruin plot points as you're loading up an episode... For vague example "last week on the show Terrance gets lost in the woods... what will happen?" or they make it look like he's dead and eaten by wolves. Then right off the bat, while the episode ends, or as the new one is loading... There is a preview of a happy reunion, a still shot of mom hugging her lost boy, or the dang title is Terrance returns or Reunited just spoiling the surprise, suspense, plot, or anticipation outright. It's just viciously annoying that such stellar script writing at times gets shamefully undercut by spoilerific missteps such as this. Like some people's lack of forethought or higher thought capacity can perpetually ruin the experience for every viewer interested in the story progression before it even has a chance to get going.

I was watching a series where this happened, and it made me turn it off immediately. I rage quit something I was seriously enjoying watching overall because this foolishness just sucked all the mystery out of what was unfolding. It's just a shame.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #8354 on: February 26, 2021, 01:01:27 PM »

I've got a general gripe about watching series/movies online. I'm bothered by the people whom wrote out the titles for episodes (originally or on sites), the descriptions of movies/episodes before you watch them, and especially by the suggestions that pop up showing all these scenes from whatever it is. Meant to get you interested or "bait" viewers into watching but ultimately showing things that will happen. I mean it's just ridiculous sometimes! It's like they blatantly ruin plot points as you're loading up an episode... For vague example "last week on the show Terrance gets lost in the woods... what will happen?" or they make it look like he's dead and eaten by wolves. Then right off the bat, while the episode ends, or as the new one is loading... There is a preview of a happy reunion, a still shot of mom hugging her lost boy, or the dang title is Terrance returns or Reunited just spoiling the surprise, suspense, plot, or anticipation outright. It's just viciously annoying that such stellar script writing at times gets shamefully undercut by spoilerific missteps such as this. Like some people's lack of forethought or higher thought capacity can perpetually ruin the experience for every viewer interested in the story progression before it even has a chance to get going.

I was watching a series where this happened, and it made me turn it off immediately. I rage quit something I was seriously enjoying watching overall because this foolishness just sucked all the mystery out of what was unfolding. It's just a shame.

If its a show that aired first on television the titles are made for the studio/editors since the audience doesn't see them, of course that goes out the window once its put online/streaming.  Just do what I do (even though spoilers are not an issue for me)..don't even bother with previews and titles.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Pages: 1 ... 555 556 [557] 558 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: