• Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Emerald  (Read 641 times)
Sidious
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -6

« on: July 01, 2014, 08:33:55 PM »

Hello

I've got an emerald saber since a mounth ago and i've seen a guy (sorry i don't remember the forum name of him) make a very bright pyrestone orange
with the normal configuration (full red and a little bit of green if i'm not wrong) and he added full amber.

Since i've seen that incredible pyrestone orange, i'm thinking about something. I'm not an expert with technical and all that stuff. But we can buy
two channel emerald driver...And what will happend if two similar colors was able in the two channel? Like green+green? Is it gonna make
a more bright green? Or not a all?

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2014, 09:57:57 PM »

LEDs are "pure" lights.  If you put two greens in, you might get more intensity but with these applications it wouldn't make a lot of visible difference.  I can't imagine having a 2-channel LED with Green/Green doing anything but generating more heat in the hilt.  :-)

As for "similar" colors, as I understand it there are only 5 choices: White, Green, Blue, Red, Amber.  Everything else is accomplished by mixing those together.

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1510

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2014, 10:02:39 PM »

So far as I'm aware, US only offer different colours on their Emerald drivers, so you could have green/amber or green/white, for example, but not green/green.

"I'll split this world open and tear down the sky before I let him come to even the slightest harm."

Kresnik
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 111

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2014, 10:44:52 PM »

To answer your question - many saber builders will put  run 2x setups or even 4x setups and have all channels designed as one color and yes it is "brighter"

If you want a good Pyrestone Orange though you wouldnt know the difference with the setup you described and doing say all 3 ambers and one red or something like that. 

There are a few 4x Blue LEDs out there that while are awesome to look at get about 30-40% of the battery life that you would get.  To test it out run all 4 of your LEDs to 255 and see how long your battery lasts lol.

It is kind of a pain process so I do not think US wants to even do that but they may make exceptions with a custom order with req charges. 

In order of favorite
Bellicose in PO w/ Obsidian
DSI vert grooves 4 ch Emerald  w/ Stunt
Guardian 2 Ch Emerald w/ Obsidian (1st Place Raffle prize)
Aeon V2 in CG Stunt (sort of modified)

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: