Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Author Topic: Anyone Notice that Darth Vader...  (Read 8811 times)
srams
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 375

Speak softly and carry a big saber...

« on: April 16, 2013, 04:50:45 AM »

Anyone else notice that in one single action Darth Vader fulfilled his destiny as a Sith Lord and redeemed himself as a Jedi... I just thought of that...

"I will always oppose the Darkness, but I will never hesitate to defend myself from the Light..."

"I looked my demons in the eye and said, do your best to destroy me. See, I've been to hell and back so many times I must admit you kind of bore me."

Sky Dragon c5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1

Grey Jedi Assassin

« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2013, 05:04:34 AM »

Yup, kinda weird.

Keep me as a Grey Jedi Please

C=Custom, D=Dark

Rd Reaper AS, Archon V2.1 AB, Consular CG, Malice BR, Overlord PO, Shock LE SY, D Shock DVA, D Liberator AS, Raven FO, D War EG, C Manticore BH, C D Shock RGB, C D Arbiter SR, C Archon V2.

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 3214

You can't take the sky from me....

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2013, 06:08:02 AM »

Yep, he did bring balance to the force- he pretty much wiped out the Jedi, then pretty much wiped out the sith

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2013, 06:14:31 AM »

Such is the state of the Universe, for every star that goes supernova there is a chance for creation to thrive amongst the aftermath of the destruction.

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Veldryne
The Second Chosen One
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 268

" Kind hearted jerk"

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2013, 01:42:58 PM »

Darth Vader is Mufasa

mufasa is darth vader

yes this might have always been known by just reading the cast list for lion king....but actually listening to mufasa talk...........man it messed with my head the other day when my kid was watching it

"Corellians... no wonder the other Jedi didn't want you leaving your system."
"The rest of you were just afraid we wouldn't leave anything for you to do after we were done."
Luke & Corran (I,J)

RogueLeader
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 162

Apathy is death?...meh, I don't care

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2013, 08:35:50 PM »

Simba, I am your father.

I have a Sith's opinion of the Jedi and a Jedi's opinion of the Sith.

Light side points pl

Master Venturous
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -631

Dark Side points if you please

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2013, 08:41:31 PM »

I'd say Vader more than lived up to the prophecy. He killed Dooku, killed the Emperor, trained Starkiller and Ahsoka, built C3PO, bested Sebulba, took down an entire droid  army by destroying a ship, AND was redeemed in the end. Pretty impressive resume if you ask me.

Sky Dragon c5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1

Grey Jedi Assassin

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2013, 09:13:15 PM »

But he still killed younglings and hundreds of other people.

Keep me as a Grey Jedi Please

C=Custom, D=Dark

Rd Reaper AS, Archon V2.1 AB, Consular CG, Malice BR, Overlord PO, Shock LE SY, D Shock DVA, D Liberator AS, Raven FO, D War EG, C Manticore BH, C D Shock RGB, C D Arbiter SR, C Archon V2.

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 473

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2013, 04:59:54 AM »

But he still killed younglings and hundreds of other people.

It all balances out in the end Grin

dhenwood
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 28

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2013, 09:54:33 AM »

Vader did not destroy the darkside and he did not bring balance to the force - prophecy fail imo. and he was a 'see you next tuesday'.

( :::::::::::::::::::::::[}o[i i i i i i i][ i i i i i i i]o{}::::::::::::::::::::: )
                                       Phantom LE AS

/l-----¬
()={i i][llll][  o{ii[}}] | ::::::::::::::::::::::::::: )
                               \l
     Scorpion BR

Da

mcnaughtonM
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: -41

[Darkside points only]

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2013, 11:31:59 AM »

Vader did not destroy the darkside and he did not bring balance to the force - prophecy fail imo. and he was a 'see you next tuesday'.

He kinda did, as someone stated before, he was a big part in the destruction of the jedi order, and then he destroyed the emperor and himself, thus wiping all jedi/sith from the galaxy (luke isn't a jedi, I don't care what you say. He is like Connor is AC3, not an assassin)

Ofcourse the expanded universe kind of destroys the whole eradication thing, with the sith empire beyond the outer rim etc. But he bought peace to the GALAXY Wink

Inventory:
- Prophecy in CG
- Dark Liberator in CG (gb)
- Shock in BR (Silver FOC)
- Dominix LE in BR
Wishlist:
- Graflex in GB
- Raven in BR
- Reaper in BR

dhenwood
Knight Captain

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2013, 03:23:30 PM »

palpatine's Resurrection means he didnt destroy the sith and Skywalker was trained by the last surviving jedi masters? that makes him a jedi imo, at least a force user and the prophecy (as far as we know) said bring balance to the force not the jedi or sith.

( :::::::::::::::::::::::[}o[i i i i i i i][ i i i i i i i]o{}::::::::::::::::::::: )
                                       Phantom LE AS

/l-----¬
                               \l
     Scorpion BR

Da

mcnaughtonM
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: -41

[Darkside points only]

« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2013, 03:45:01 PM »

palpatine's Resurrection means he didnt destroy the sith and Skywalker was trained by the last surviving jedi masters? that makes him a jedi imo, at least a force user and the prophecy (as far as we know) said bring balance to the force not the jedi or sith.

Balance to the force, an equivalent amount of light and dark side potency would induce balance. So an equal number of jedi/sith would potentially be said balance.

Inventory:
- Prophecy in CG
- Dark Liberator in CG (gb)
- Shock in BR (Silver FOC)
- Dominix LE in BR
Wishlist:
- Graflex in GB
- Raven in BR
- Reaper in BR

dhenwood
Knight Captain

« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2013, 04:02:45 PM »

i would say it included all force users though palpatine had many wiped out there were some left. I think it doesnt work imo because it didnt last long enough within 20 years it had the imbalance.
though i guess the birth of the grey jedi in luke could count as balance.

Phantom LE AS

/l-----¬
                               \l
     Scorpion BR

Da

Waxman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 114

« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2013, 04:06:59 PM »

Balance to the force, an equivalent amount of light and dark side potency would induce balance. So an equal number of jedi/sith would potentially be said balance.

Wait, but based on that argument, then didn't Vader and Palpatine technically bring balance to the force by reducing the Jedi to a mere handful?

I mean, if an equivalent amount of light and dark side potency would induce balance, then in a way, the Jedi were the "bad guys" all along and Vader brought balance [which is a good thing apparently] to the force by eliminating most all of them.
So really, killing kids is actually a good thing as long as the culprit is bringing a vague amount of balance to a philosophy.

That must mean that in the couple of years before Palpatine's Resurrection that the force was unbalanced, right?  Because the 2 Sith lords were all but eliminated leaving only Luke Skywalker.

Actually, upon review of my argument, Lucas did say at one point after Episode III that balance entails having no Dark Side and only Light Side, which kind of messes up the whole yin-yang theory.  I'm not sure why Dark Side needs to be eliminated, but it might have something to do with being completely evil, like unrealistically cookie-cut evil.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 04:18:20 PM by Waxman » Logged

Ultrasabers:
Bellicose-VA. Bane-BR. Consular-CG. x2 Initiate V3-SY. Aeon V3-GB. x4 Yari [Pike] Extensions.
Grab-Bag:
Aeon V3-GB. Dark Liberator V3-AB. Dominix V2-AB. Dominix V2-GB. Initiate V2-BR
Wishlist:
Manticore-PO. Dark Catalyst-Emerald. Shock LE-SY. Overlord-BR. Bellicose-VA. Archon-CG. Arbiter-AS.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: