Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 272   Go Down
Author Topic: Official SaberForum Galaxy of Heroes Thread  (Read 653095 times)
Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 150

For the Light of the Republic! (LS Points Please)

« Reply #435 on: December 05, 2016, 03:01:52 AM »

I like Chewie for the Mod Challenges, which you may not have. Those are 5 round battles, and every now and then I need his taunt to allow my healers time to do their thing. It wasn't until I stopped making progress in those that I realized I need some tanks, so I got back to upgrading him. He is also good in GW on a second or third team without a lot of healers after my main team has been taken out.

Oh Mod Challenges.  I just started those - they're tough.  O_o

I can't get better than two stars on the first battle...

I have Mod Battles, but not Challenges yet. Thinking about it, it may be stood idea to get my hands on as many mods as possible. I'm currently using most of my cantina energy farming Geonosian soldier. I've been on the receiving end of a decent one of those, it's not a pleasant experience.

I just beat a REALLY hard one.  The Rebels one for Tenacity mods has the Emperor and THREE Royal Guards on the 5th stage.  I was trying to beat the Tier 3 mission and man was it hard, cuz you have no healers and your team is already beat up.  Took 4 tries today but I finally managed with Ackbar leading as well as Han, Leia, Biggs, and Wedge.

New damage record! I almost hit 35000 with Vader's Culling Blade.  Shocked

Very nice.  Just think, eventually you'll be able to hit 50k.  Usually the only time I get that much though is when I'm working on the Rancor or the Tank raid and I've got whole line of debuffs stacked up.

Saber Armory:
Archon v2.1 w/sound - CG/FoC/AS
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -480

« Reply #436 on: December 05, 2016, 03:42:12 AM »

Very nice.  Just think, eventually you'll be able to hit 50k.  Usually the only time I get that much though is when I'm working on the Rancor or the Tank raid and I've got whole line of debuffs stacked up.

How often do you come across an enemy with enough health to withstand that?

Grey Owl
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 81

We don't like Star Wars, we live for Star Wars.

« Reply #437 on: December 05, 2016, 04:31:00 AM »

There's an ally I have who's royal gaurd has 57,000+ protection. He has 45k health even. An ally I have on my alt account has a 7* Vader maxed in every way, critical chance mods that gives him plus 20% crit chance from each one and plus 10% crit damage from each one. His culling blade did over 75k Shocked That han solo totally survived Roll Eyes Sadly this ally removed me two days ago Cry

Dark sentinel LE(blazing red)

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #438 on: December 05, 2016, 05:54:55 AM »

There's an ally I have who's royal gaurd has 57,000+ protection. He has 45k health even. An ally I have on my alt account has a 7* Vader maxed in every way, critical chance mods that gives him plus 20% crit chance from each one and plus 10% crit damage from each one. His culling blade did over 75k Shocked That han solo totally survived Roll Eyes Sadly this ally removed me two days ago Cry

Wow! That is crazy. I'm consistently farming my Royal Guard, the jump to 3* and gear level VII really helped him.

Phasma promoted to 4*, now I'm working on getting Lumi to 5* and ST Han to 4*.  Training Ackbar and then Han next.

So I found a flaw in my Ackbar, Wiggs, Lando, and ST Han squad I'm working on getting. No healer. Is that a big problem? If so, who gets kicked off? I'm thinking Han.

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #439 on: December 05, 2016, 03:48:46 PM »

Usually only a Raid boss or a super super geared up tank.

Yeah Royal Guard can be ridiculously hard to kill.  Vader can dish out some silly damage with the Culling Blade.  Rey is another with her 3 hit strike that can dish out damage that's just crazy.

Wow! That is crazy. I'm consistently farming my Royal Guard, the jump to 3* and gear level VII really helped him.

Phasma promoted to 4*, now I'm working on getting Lumi to 5* and ST Han to 4*.  Training Ackbar and then Han next.

So I found a flaw in my Ackbar, Wiggs, Lando, and ST Han squad I'm working on getting. No healer. Is that a big problem? If so, who gets kicked off? I'm thinking Han.

Rebel teams are usually blitz teams.  Usually you see Rebel teams in PvP because it's a 1 shot run.  You pump out a ridiculous amount of damage and mow down opponents before they can do too much damage to your team.  You've got Wiggs doing 3 shots at least, more if Leia chimes in.  Also, since Lando can perpetually crit and use his special over and over and over, and each time he does it it does MORE damage than the last, you can do silly levels of damage.  Not to mention if you use Ackbar's special, Lando can use his special and as long as he gets the crits, he can use it all over again.  You sometimes can have 2-3 dead in like 2 rounds.

Rebel teams aren't really good for GW unless you add a healer.  Ackbar is kind of a healer because one of his abilities heals when he removes debuffs, but that's not a solid reliable heal.  Most people will add either Bariss, Lumi, or Daka.

Saber Armory:
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #440 on: December 05, 2016, 05:08:39 PM »

Rebel teams are usually blitz teams.  Usually you see Rebel teams in PvP because it's a 1 shot run.  You pump out a ridiculous amount of damage and mow down opponents before they can do too much damage to your team.  You've got Wiggs doing 3 shots at least, more if Leia chimes in.  Also, since Lando can perpetually crit and use his special over and over and over, and each time he does it it does MORE damage than the last, you can do silly levels of damage.  Not to mention if you use Ackbar's special, Lando can use his special and as long as he gets the crits, he can use it all over again.  You sometimes can have 2-3 dead in like 2 rounds.

Rebel teams aren't really good for GW unless you add a healer.  Ackbar is kind of a healer because one of his abilities heals when he removes debuffs, but that's not a solid reliable heal.  Most people will add either Bariss, Lumi, or Daka.

Okay, thanks for the advice. So then my current plan is to use my previously mentioned Rebel team in the Arena, and replace ST Han with Leia if I ever get her. And could use them in GW with a healer, who would also replace Han. Good plan?

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #441 on: December 05, 2016, 06:56:25 PM »

Okay, thanks for the advice. So then my current plan is to use my previously mentioned Rebel team in the Arena, and replace ST Han with Leia if I ever get her. And could use them in GW with a healer, who would also replace Han. Good plan?

Actually in that instance you'd probably do something like go with Lando in the lead(he gives speed and crit) and then run Wiggs and keep ST Han for a tank and then have your healer.  I'd suggest Daka(her basic attack can stun and she has a chance at auto rez plus her heal will rez), possibly Ewok Elder(has a rez skill and his heal skill will clear status effects and sometimes rez), or Bariss(her basic strike can heal, her heal will heal through heal block, and every turn she clears status effects off the toon with the lowest health).

Saber Armory:
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #442 on: December 05, 2016, 07:25:24 PM »

Actually in that instance you'd probably do something like go with Lando in the lead(he gives speed and crit) and then run Wiggs and keep ST Han for a tank and then have your healer.  I'd suggest Daka(her basic attack can stun and she has a chance at auto rez plus her heal will rez), possibly Ewok Elder(has a rez skill and his heal skill will clear status effects and sometimes rez), or Bariss(her basic strike can heal, her heal will heal through heal block, and every turn she clears status effects off the toon with the lowest health).

Which instance? GW or Arena?

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #443 on: December 05, 2016, 11:16:06 PM »

Which instance? GW or Arena?

GW.  There you have to think more about the long haul and making your team last as long as you can.  I have one that can usually make it all the way to 9 or 10 before I have to swap out.

In Arena you want to be the first to go and be the first to lay down that initial barrage of special attacks.  If you can take out one of their key squad members in the first go, you will almost certainly win.  Longevity really isn't an issue there in most cases.

Saber Armory:
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #444 on: December 06, 2016, 12:38:43 AM »

GW.  There you have to think more about the long haul and making your team last as long as you can.  I have one that can usually make it all the way to 9 or 10 before I have to swap out.

In Arena you want to be the first to go and be the first to lay down that initial barrage of special attacks.  If you can take out one of their key squad members in the first go, you will almost certainly win.  Longevity really isn't an issue there in most cases.

I've beaten my last 5ish GW's with 7 characters.  Grin

Thanks for the advice.  Smiley

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #445 on: December 06, 2016, 12:39:29 AM »

GW.  There you have to think more about the long haul and making your team last as long as you can.  I have one that can usually make it all the way to 9 or 10 before I have to swap out.

In Arena you want to be the first to go and be the first to lay down that initial barrage of special attacks.  If you can take out one of their key squad members in the first go, you will almost certainly win.  Longevity really isn't an issue there in most cases.

Yeah, my A team for GW is packed with healers and a couple multi hitters with Barriss as the lead, so everyone gets a small heal with each turn. I'll eventually work on a good arena team packed with power hitters, but I'm not there yet.

I unlocked Fett, which means I have a five member scoundrel team, and I promoted RG to 5*. I have 55 shards to go on Han and I'll have a Rebel squad for level 5 EP challenge when that comes around, and his shards are in the arena, so I'll get those quickly. I'll continue to build then as my priority right now.

Signature banner by DarthScrub

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #446 on: December 06, 2016, 04:43:56 AM »

So, uh, I just beat an entire GW with one squad and zero casualties. RG really is an unyielding defender!

Sidious as leader, also a really heavy hitter. Wiggs for the devastating attacks, Consular for the heal, and RG to take the beating. Really effective.

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #447 on: December 06, 2016, 02:26:09 PM »

So, uh, I just beat an entire GW with one squad and zero casualties. RG really is an unyielding defender!

Sidious as leader, also a really heavy hitter. Wiggs for the devastating attacks, Consular for the heal, and RG to take the beating. Really effective.
Cool - trying that. Smiley

I don't have Wedge yet though.  I'm guessing that's what you meant by "Wiggs".

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #448 on: December 06, 2016, 03:07:40 PM »

Yeah, my A team for GW is packed with healers and a couple multi hitters with Barriss as the lead, so everyone gets a small heal with each turn.

My A Team for GW is Bariss leading, Lumi, Ahsoka, Consular, and Yoda.  It's REALLY hard to kill my group.  Cheesy  I can usually do 1-9 or 10 before I have to start inputting other characters, using trash squads to burn up specials, or using a whole other squad to soften the team up first by killing a key member.

I've beaten my last 5ish GW's with 7 characters.  Grin

Thanks for the advice.  Smiley

Heh, enjoy it while it lasts.  Once you cross the 80 threshold it's a whole new level of pain.  Sidious is no longer viable and consular won't be near enough for heals.  Wiggs is still usable in the right group type, but you'll have to make some changes to the rest.  My advice is try really Really REALLY hard to get the 150 GW win achievement before you get to 80.  You'll want those Vader shards and after you get above 80, you'll start seeing teams on GW 6, 9, 10, 11, and especially 12 that will make scream and curse.  I have thrown my phone many a time in anger at the ridiculousness of some of the teams.

Saber Armory:
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #449 on: December 06, 2016, 03:51:36 PM »

1 shard away from Lumi.

One stinking shard!

BAH!!

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 272   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: