Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 234 235 [236] 237 238 ... 272   Go Down
Author Topic: Official SaberForum Galaxy of Heroes Thread  (Read 653096 times)
Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #3525 on: October 24, 2017, 09:03:19 PM »

Managed to get to node 12 again...CLS lead (230+), GK (200+), DN (200+), R2 (270!!!), Thrawn (230+).

Not beatable at all...how're you supposed to counter such speed values?? If you look at the mods...I don't even get near those speed values even with a Type A lvl 1 Mod that has speed as a secondary stat...

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Soul
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -115

« Reply #3526 on: October 24, 2017, 09:22:58 PM »

Ouch.  Yeah man, the computer toons get some unreal mods.
That team is pretty normal for me, but fortunately I have OP stuff like Chaze and Thrawn to help deal with those setups.  I think I'd have a lot more uncompleted GWs if I hadn't worked so hard on Chaze especially.

Neither Sith nor Jedi, however dark side points are appropriate

My saber: Aeon LE V4 Fire Orange stunt

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #3527 on: October 24, 2017, 09:29:16 PM »

Those are beyond my reach right now...working on Chirrut (6*), Baze was unlocked only a few weeks ago and still sitting at 3*. And Thrawn...well, my Phoenix is far from being perfect for unlocking him let alone promoting him to 7* Undecided

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Soul
Knight Commander

« Reply #3528 on: October 24, 2017, 09:40:58 PM »

Those are beyond my reach right now...working on Chirrut (6*), Baze was unlocked only a few weeks ago and still sitting at 3*. And Thrawn...well, my Phoenix is far from being perfect for unlocking him let alone promoting him to 7* Undecided

Oh, yeah man, I don't expect people to have that crap.  It's stupid that you need them to complete basic daily content in my opinion.
FYI I found Baze to be viable from 4* and Chirrut viable from 5*, so don't be afraid to commit some resources to them and give 'em a run even though they're not 7*.

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 150

For the Light of the Republic! (LS Points Please)

« Reply #3529 on: October 24, 2017, 09:46:42 PM »

I don't understand the question.  Why the feeb wouldn't you?!  Roll Eyes

Yeah DC, Phoenix are stupid good, even if they're not fancy.  I kinda envy new players having them as an early option to farm.

I'm well aware he's good. Just wasn't sure if he was going for Phoenix.

They lack a dedicated healer but their synergy with Hera leading and sharing all their uniques is amazing.

Managed to get to node 12 again...CLS lead (230+), GK (200+), DN (200+), R2 (270!!!), Thrawn (230+).

Not beatable at all...how're you supposed to counter such speed values?? If you look at the mods...I don't even get near those speed values even with a Type A lvl 1 Mod that has speed as a secondary stat...

Those are what my GW 12 look like pretty routinely, all with gold gear. I usually need a few teams to beat them. Sometimes the gold gear even shows up on 11. As long as I make it to 12 with my primary team intact and the team doesn't have GK and Barriss I can take them down, and if they do, I don't bother with the frustration.

Saber Armory:
Archon v2.1 w/sound - CG/FoC/AS
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Soul
Knight Commander

« Reply #3530 on: October 24, 2017, 10:04:52 PM »

...and the team doesn't have GK and Barriss I can take them down, and if they do, I don't bother with the frustration.
Yeah, that's why Thrawn is important, to counter the GK/Zarris teams.  I used to have to rely on B2 and TFP for GK/Zarris, but it's much simpler are more likely to actually be successful with Thrawn.  Again, it's silly that such rare toons are almost mandatory to finish the last couple of GW nodes each day.  Oh well...

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -480

« Reply #3531 on: October 24, 2017, 10:15:30 PM »

As long as I make it to 12 with my primary team intact and the team doesn't have GK and Barriss I can take them down, and if they do, I don't bother with the frustration.

I’m quite the opposite actually. I’m very thankful to get a GK/Zarriss on Node 12. I can almost always take those down with one team. Thrawn helps, but really Zader is super effective against them. It’s the other meta teams that sometimes pose a problem.

Soul
Knight Commander

« Reply #3532 on: October 24, 2017, 10:43:40 PM »

I’m quite the opposite actually. I’m very thankful to get a GK/Zarriss on Node 12. I can almost always take those down with one team. Thrawn helps, but really Zader is super effective against them. It’s the other meta teams that sometimes pose a problem.

Actually yeah dot teams work, as well as toons like TFP who can one-shot stuff and not worry about the crit heal.  Nihilus lead sith teams are okay too due to not critting.  Problem is I find my Zader and sith teams can be a little squishy, especially if that GK/Zarris is paired with a CLS and/or Raid Han.  Nothing sucks like TFP or maul using their aoe and getting pounded into the dirt  Tongue

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #3533 on: October 24, 2017, 11:36:05 PM »

Actually yeah dot teams work, as well as toons like TFP who can one-shot stuff and not worry about the crit heal.  Nihilus lead sith teams are okay too due to not critting.  Problem is I find my Zader and sith teams can be a little squishy, especially if that GK/Zarris is paired with a CLS and/or Raid Han.  Nothing sucks like TFP or maul using their aoe and getting pounded into the dirt  Tongue

Yes I have one shot full health toons against Zarriss with TFP. He’s a beast. As for them dying, that’s what I use Shoretrooper for. Cool

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #3534 on: October 25, 2017, 01:52:56 AM »

What others you're working on?  Who is your other 7*?  In order to increase your roster faster, it's usually best to have more irons in the fire and work on multiple ones.  Start thinking now about a team you want to put together. Why did you go for Ezra?

Hard Mode Battles farming: Boba Fett has 3 nodes.  Any others?
Cantina Battles farming:
Cantina Shop: Boba Fett?
Guild Store:
Arena Store:
GW Store:

For instance you if you're trying for Phoenix(they're a pretty capable squad) you'd do Sabine in HM battles, Hera in Cantina battles, Chopper in Cantina Shop, Kanan in Arena shop, and Zeb in GW shop.  Also a good focus is Scoundrels because they help with Credit Heists and Droid Smuggling events.  Those are your bread and butter for resources.

Been working on Fulcrum since I got her. Right now I'm mostly just doing whoever I feel like. I like getting as many characters to 4* as I can, then deciding from there. Boba, Fulcrum and Lando are my main focuses right now. STHan and Tarkin I am also slowly working on. Hera is the only other Pheonix that I've done much with. All are at least 4*.

My other 7* is Jawa Scavenger. Got him almost 7* with the last event for him, and then farmed him from Cantina store for the last 25 or so shards.

My scoundrel team has Boba, STHan, CWChewie, Lando, and IG-88. I work on all them fairly often.

As for why I went with Ezra. Not entirely sure. I like the character, he's fun to use, and he was easy to farm. Other than that, I don't know. I play the game for the same reasons I play any game. To have fun. To me it's funner to do what you want, than to do whatever you can to get to the top. I do need to start putting squads together though. Who do y'all recommend goes on my Empire squad?

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #3535 on: October 25, 2017, 02:08:13 AM »

Been working on Fulcrum since I got her. Right now I'm mostly just doing whoever I feel like. I like getting as many characters to 4* as I can, then deciding from there. Boba, Fulcrum and Lando are my main focuses right now. STHan and Tarkin I am also slowly working on. Hera is the only other Pheonix that I've done much with. All are at least 4*.

My other 7* is Jawa Scavenger. Got him almost 7* with the last event for him, and then farmed him from Cantina store for the last 25 or so shards.

My scoundrel team has Boba, STHan, CWChewie, Lando, and IG-88. I work on all them fairly often.

As for why I went with Ezra. Not entirely sure. I like the character, he's fun to use, and he was easy to farm. Other than that, I don't know. I play the game for the same reasons I play any game. To have fun. To me it's funner to do what you want, than to do whatever you can to get to the top. I do need to start putting squads together though. Who do y'all recommend goes on my Empire squad?

Well, if you're not going to work a character all the way to 7*, I might suggest getting them to 5* rather than 4*.  Most special events you have to have a group of characters to 5* in order to unlock the event character.  Phoenix is a good squad to get.  You'll need them if you want Thrawn, who is one of the best Empire characters in the game.

Not a bad Scoundrel team.  Boba, IG-88, Lando, and ST Han are 4 of the better Scoundrels in the game.  Might be good to work on getting them to 7*.  You'll be able to get more loot from the credit and droid events.

As for really good Empire characters, EP, Thrawn, Vader, RG, Shoretrooper, and TFP are some of the best in the game.

Saber Armory:
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #3536 on: October 25, 2017, 02:17:08 AM »

Well, if you're not going to work a character all the way to 7*, I might suggest getting them to 5* rather than 4*.  Most special events you have to have a group of characters to 5* in order to unlock the event character.  Phoenix is a good squad to get.  You'll need them if you want Thrawn, who is one of the best Empire characters in the game.

Not a bad Scoundrel team.  Boba, IG-88, Lando, and ST Han are 4 of the better Scoundrels in the game.  Might be good to work on getting them to 7*.  You'll be able to get more loot from the credit and droid events.

As for really good Empire characters, EP, Thrawn, Vader, RG, Shoretrooper, and TFP are some of the best in the game.

I do intend on getting everyone to 7* eventually, but 30 shards is a lot less daunting than 65, or 85 or 100, so I start with 4*.

Boba is 6*, Lando is 5*, and I think ST Han is as well. IG-88 is only 4* ATM. I'd have liked to get either Veteran Han or Chewie during their events, but my iPad wouldn't work well enough.

EP, and Thrawn are both high on my list of toons to get, but they only come around so often.

What's a good Jedi team? I have a few, but I haven't really worked on anyone except Ezra and a little bit of Mace.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #3537 on: October 25, 2017, 02:31:22 AM »

I do intend on getting everyone to 7* eventually, but 30 shards is a lot less daunting than 65, or 85 or 100, so I start with 4*.

Boba is 6*, Lando is 5*, and I think ST Han is as well. IG-88 is only 4* ATM. I'd have liked to get either Veteran Han or Chewie during their events, but my iPad wouldn't work well enough.

EP, and Thrawn are both high on my list of toons to get, but they only come around so often.

What's a good Jedi team? I have a few, but I haven't really worked on anyone except Ezra and a little bit of Mace.

Oh I certainly understand the daunting task of getting toons starred up.  I also get that you want to have fun at the game.  I was just suggesting 5* so that when events come around, you aren't scrambling to level up a toon before the event ends and you already have them at the right level.

Veteran Han and Chewie are pretty awesome, but even I only have them at 4* atm after doing all the stuff, so they aren't much use in places.  Raid Han is another very sweet Scoundrel, and I personally like Dengar too.  Hoth Han might be another good one.

EP comes around pretty often, you just need to have enough 5* or higher Rebels to do it and unlock him.  This kicks back to Phoenix squad, which also counts for Thrawn's even, though that one just happened and it'll be a while again.

For Jedi, the better ones are Yoda, QGJ, Barriss, JKA, Lumi, Ezra, Old Ben, and Aayla.  General Kenobi and Hermit Yoda are pretty awesome, but much more involved to acquire.

Saber Armory:
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Soul
Knight Commander

« Reply #3538 on: October 25, 2017, 02:39:19 AM »

It's worth nothing that there are Jedi you can and will use while levelling, and then there are the ones you'll want at endgame.  I haven't included Yoda and Kenobi because they aren't farmable per se.

Mace is disappointingly underwhelming, but you get free shards for him from fleet challenges, so you'll use him while levelling.  I used him to get 7* Yoda.
Ahsoka is really good, especially if paired with Jedi Knight Anakin, and her ship is very useful in fleet.  At endgame you'll replace her though.
Luminara is great until endgame, then you'll never use her again.

You will want Qui-Gon Jinn, and he's easy to farm up.  Eventually you'll also want Jedi Knight Anakin and Barriss, and possibly Aayla Secura (if you can be bothered with her looong farm).
Decent (non end game) Jedi teams to aim for are
QGJ (L), Ahsoka, Lumi, Mace, Ezra
then
QGJ (L), Ahsoka, JKA, Mace, Ezra
then
QGJ (L), Barriss, JKA, Aayla, Ezra

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #3539 on: October 26, 2017, 05:25:50 AM »

Just got a zeta on Raid Han. I have him 7* Gear 11 with pretty decent mods. 216 speed (+80), 216% crit damage, and 60% crit chance (although with Zeta’d unique it’s base 80%). His survivability is a bit lacking, I’m planning on getting him to Gear 12 in the near future. I have an after Gear 12 piece I originally farmed for TIE Pilot, but I decided to save it for Han. It’s the +6250 health one, so on a fragile attacker it’ll be no joke. Shocked

As for the actual zeta, I’ve played with it for half an hour and it is as fun and effective as I hoped. Especially under a Wedge lead with Zeta R2 (Number Crunch) tagging along. With that setup he just destroys everything. I saved a TB combat mission because I knew I’d have the zeta if I waited. He is amazing there, either stunning or just outright killing an enemy by shooting first on all 6 encounters is huge, and if you can get his second special off with Deadeye up next, then someone’s going to have a bad day.

Oh, and I also saved the training droid smuggling to use him in. I put one on auto and he killed all 4 guys on wave 1 before anyone else on my team got a turn. Grin   One by shooting first, second by getting a counterattack, then Deadeye on the third followed by a basic.

Pages: 1 ... 234 235 [236] 237 238 ... 272   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: