Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 358 359 [360] 361 362 ... 915   Go Down
Author Topic: (im)Patiently waiting for my new _______!!!  (Read 2142963 times)
DarthScrub
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -580

Fin Fus Fent Stin Zu'u

« Reply #5385 on: January 29, 2016, 01:52:39 AM »

It's odd they have your money but you have nothing....

Now now, let's not start getting into a lynch mob mentality

Want a custom avatar? Shoot me a PM, you can view my work here!

THX1138
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 41

« Reply #5386 on: January 29, 2016, 01:55:08 AM »

Now now, let's not start getting into a lynch mob mentality

Yah let's not start starting it...

Spades
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 62

My spirit guide is the Cheshire Cat

« Reply #5387 on: January 29, 2016, 02:02:03 AM »

cut em some slack. these are not mass produced crap.

Dark Initiate v4 (4 channel Emerald w/ Obsidian v4)

Signature Made By: DarthScrub

Serotonin1363
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -5

« Reply #5388 on: January 29, 2016, 02:30:39 AM »

But a simple response on the forums regarding order issues can go a long way.  It's also common courtesy

Dark Side points for this bounty hunter!!!

Darth Justicar
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -567

Sun of Starkiller

« Reply #5389 on: January 29, 2016, 02:54:23 AM »

As I mentioned before...I think what we are seeing is a literal lack of those skill sets in the staff of a company being absolutely swamped.  As before, this is not an insult; this is simply a fact about how this kind of thing happens.  Have you noticed how on Shark Tank/Dragon's Den, for those of you who watch that show, that the investors ask a lot of questions about how that sudden scale-up in operations will be handled?

I work for a company that is massive.  We have departments upon departments, and a huge support organization, and competencies like crazy to handle just about anything that can be thrown at us, serious analytical capabilities to make forecasts and to post-mortem anything that still manages to go wrong, because sometimes stuff still messes up for the big fish too.  You need most kinds of expertise we can get it in house, though once in a while they have to develop a new capability too.

These are not resources that I would guess US has.  I do think they likely need not just individual CSR's but a scaled-up PR department to direct a communications strategy as a whole rather than ad hoc, not to mention potentially having to stand up a sourcing department and also have an operations management analysis to come through and locate the bottlenecks and take them out in sequence because I am willing to bet that the capacity to do that to the degree required for a large-scale business was not there to that extent in house (for the last bit I'm alluding to the theory of constraints, and the analysis needed to maintain throughput at appropriate rates, which you see in Eli Goldratt's book The Goal).

I think it is possible to get through the crisis but I do think some analysis and some new hiring and restructuring is very likely to be necessary to ensure that the short-term crisis does not mess up the long term (which I would hate to see happen).

"Anger is a tool.  Use it; do not let it use you."
       --Gul Verden in Debtors' Planet by W.R. Thompson

"I'm a little Renlet, short and 'stout'
Here is my saber, watch me scream and shout!"
       --Lyrics by Jev Moldara

Flamberge BR with v4 Obsidian and 4-inch side blades

Cook Calek
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: -3

« Reply #5390 on: January 29, 2016, 03:17:39 AM »

Soooo just to add some positivity to the thread, Im waiting on an Aeon v4 as my first saber! Something I've waited on for about 4 years and with all that time to think, I chose the time when US is just about overrun with business! Nonetheless I'm very excited and have kept calm even though I did exchange emails with costumer service rep Marlena to upgrade to premium sound, who by the way was extremely helpful! Next week will be 4 weeks but at the end of every day I'm still grateful for the opportunity to purchase something that would make childhood me burst into tears of force sensitivity. To everyone out there waiting on forever, just hold the line... The force isn't always on time

C3PO taught me how to dance

Serotonin1363
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -5

« Reply #5391 on: January 29, 2016, 03:22:58 AM »

I get where you're coming from.  I heard, so far, two people that are going through the email.  There may be more but so far, I have heard two people responding to email masses.  I know it's a d*** move to give them a time ultimatum but in my case, I have another business deal to with and that $150 or $120 is my ticket.  I have emailed them 3 times yesterday and even messaged them on FaceBook to get some answer to if my refund is going for store credit (which will not be taken since I never got the item) or will go back to my debit card (the proper answer).  Once I have my answer, I will email them promptly so I can get the FULL refund of my original order.  I will be conducting business with them soon after the rush has died down and the saber I want to save up for is in stock.

Dark Side points for this bounty hunter!!!

THX1138
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 41

« Reply #5392 on: January 29, 2016, 05:43:27 AM »

As I mentioned before...I think what we are seeing is a literal lack of those skill sets in the staff of a company being absolutely swamped.  As before, this is not an insult; this is simply a fact about how this kind of thing happens.  Have you noticed how on Shark Tank/Dragon's Den, for those of you who watch that show, that the investors ask a lot of questions about how that sudden scale-up in operations will be handled?

I work for a company that is massive.  We have departments upon departments, and a huge support organization, and competencies like crazy to handle just about anything that can be thrown at us, serious analytical capabilities to make forecasts and to post-mortem anything that still manages to go wrong, because sometimes stuff still messes up for the big fish too.  You need most kinds of expertise we can get it in house, though once in a while they have to develop a new capability too.

These are not resources that I would guess US has.  I do think they likely need not just individual CSR's but a scaled-up PR department to direct a communications strategy as a whole rather than ad hoc, not to mention potentially having to stand up a sourcing department and also have an operations management analysis to come through and locate the bottlenecks and take them out in sequence because I am willing to bet that the capacity to do that to the degree required for a large-scale business was not there to that extent in house (for the last bit I'm alluding to the theory of constraints, and the analysis needed to maintain throughput at appropriate rates, which you see in Eli Goldratt's book The Goal).

I think it is possible to get through the crisis but I do think some analysis and some new hiring and restructuring is very likely to be necessary to ensure that the short-term crisis does not mess up the long term (which I would hate to see happen).

Nice call.

A quick policy analysis points out those flaws at once.

They are still fire fighting....

ithekro
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 227

Andromeda Rising

« Reply #5393 on: January 29, 2016, 06:46:46 AM »

The interesting question will be, will they be this much demand for the next movies?  So every December for the next five or so years.  While we have not confirmation as of yet, assume Darth Vader makes an appearance in Rogue One, with his lightsaber.  Just have many Chosen Ones will US need to make to keep up with that?

Follow that with Episode VIII come December 2017.  Assume Luke still has and uses/shows his RoTJ lightsaber.  The Archon v3.1 will be the one that sells like hotcakes along with the Graflex and whatever new saber Kylo Ren gets (assuming there isn't another lightsabers other than his and the two Luke sabers).  Will Kylo make another crossguard saber?  Make one that looks like (or is) Vader's? Or something else?

Will demand remain high for movie style sabers is other sabers start to show up?

And what about Rebel's era light sabers?  They might not draw has heavy a load, but a Kanan style saber (or just a very wide emitter) might be popular...especially with the Kendo crowd.

I don't know if an Ezra style is there with the added blaster or handguard feature.    Actually, looking at it, it looks like a cut down Archon body reversed with the pommel and emitter being different and fitted to be able to attach the handguard blaster.

I can say that if they do something like Ahsoka's new sabers, those will be popular because they will look really pretty with a slight curve and flattened shape.  You could say it is a sexy design for a lightsaber.  The main hilt is also rather long so it should be able to fit the electronics needed at least with the Li-On setup. 

The Inquisitors cheater sabers are probably impossible to make into an effective combat saber.  No spinning function would be safe.  How can you wire that?  And the emitter sockets would be as small or smaller than the Archon v3.  A look-a-like could be made with the round handguards (or just one side of it with the customer being able to fix a second handguard to complete the circle).

Plus the idea of a younger Ahsoka style blade set as a mini-Graflex type item (pricy pair) in the Initiate range.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 06:57:30 AM by ithekro » Logged

UltraSabers Owned:
Archon v3.1 (RGBW v4)
Apprentice v4 (RGBA v4)
Archon v2 (RGBW D)
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (AS)
Sentinel LE v4 (FO)
Dominix LE v4 (unknown)

UltraSaber's Gifted:
Initiate LE v4 (CG) - Upgraded to Obsidian v4
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (BR) - Upgraded to Obsidian v4
Initiate v2 (AB)
Renegade (RGBW v4)
Graflex SE (RGBW v4)
The Dominix v2 (BR)
Dark Prophecy v3 (BR LITE)
Lost Grey (RBGW v4)
Fulcrum (RGBW v4)

Spades
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #5394 on: January 29, 2016, 01:49:59 PM »

I understand people want to be kept informed. For the most part we are sort of doing so ourselves. I get an email about something and I share it here and then someone else gets information pertaining to whatever and posts it here..  should it be the company, yeah. Was it overly important to me to get an email telling me that my saber repair was completed and they are shipping it back to me and that they have a scheduled pick up on monday?  not really. but it would have been nice to have someone talk to me or sent me a report or whatever.

The same as it would be nice to hear from US regarding the lead time or whatever order issues. but rankly I am not expecting miracles. I still picture 3 guys (and at least one of their girlfriends)  trying to handle all this.  After this boom dies down, they will have choices about the future of US and whatnot but right now they have to much work to cater to a bunch of entitled pricks like us.  Yes we are customers, but we need to understand that we are the majority.

if you want to cancel your order then go do it no body will stop you and I want to say that US will be very fair about it. but right now there are hundreds of us all shouting at them at once. So settle down because ALL YOU CAN DO IS WAIT!

Wait to cancel your order, wait to have your order ship, or wait to cancel your order so you can wait for the hype to die down and WAIT for your new order to be fabricated.

WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT.... thats all that can happen right now no matter which way you look at it

marina_bonomi
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 152

Light side points, please

« Reply #5395 on: January 29, 2016, 02:18:40 PM »

I understand people want to be kept informed. For the most part we are sort of doing so ourselves. I get an email about something and I share it here and then someone else gets information pertaining to whatever and posts it here..  should it be the company, yeah. Was it overly important to me to get an email telling me that my saber repair was completed and they are shipping it back to me and that they have a scheduled pick up on monday?  not really. but it would have been nice to have someone talk to me or sent me a report or whatever.

The same as it would be nice to hear from US regarding the lead time or whatever order issues. but rankly I am not expecting miracles. I still picture 3 guys (and at least one of their girlfriends)  trying to handle all this.  After this boom dies down, they will have choices about the future of US and whatnot but right now they have to much work to cater to a bunch of entitled pricks like us.  Yes we are customers, but we need to understand that we are the majority.

if you want to cancel your order then go do it no body will stop you and I want to say that US will be very fair about it. but right now there are hundreds of us all shouting at them at once. So settle down because ALL YOU CAN DO IS WAIT!

Wait to cancel your order, wait to have your order ship, or wait to cancel your order so you can wait for the hype to die down and WAIT for your new order to be fabricated.

WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT.... thats all that can happen right now no matter which way you look at it

Point, on all accounts.

My arsenal:

Dark Arbiter Obsidian V4 / Emerald
Stealth Dominix V4 in Arctic Blue

Kingmob
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 3

Light Side

« Reply #5396 on: January 29, 2016, 02:21:56 PM »

Alright, 2 weeks into waiting for my first saber- an Aeon LE stunt in Guardian Blue... some days it is easier to be patient than other days haha.  I know US is unbelievably slammed right now, so I'm tempering my excitement with chill.  I think everyone with something ordered from US right now is chomping at the bit lol.

Spades
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #5397 on: January 29, 2016, 02:38:03 PM »

Alright, 2 weeks into waiting for my first saber- an Aeon LE stunt in Guardian Blue... some days it is easier to be patient than other days haha.  I know US is unbelievably slammed right now, so I'm tempering my excitement with chill.  I think everyone with something ordered from US right now is chomping at the bit lol.

points.  I know it is. I just stopped thinking about it. I am fairly busy (despite being on the forums almost every day for hours) the best thing i could have done while i was waiting, was to forget about waiting all together.

Everyone's complaints and concerns and all that jazz is perfectly valid. and I WOULD feel just like most others, BUT I would also just tough it out. Because waiting 7 weeks just to cancel to wait longer for my money and then go and find something else  makes alot of sense when you think about it. (it doesn't)

marina_bonomi
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 152

Light side points, please

« Reply #5398 on: January 29, 2016, 02:47:32 PM »

I'm waiting for two grab-bag sabers, just because my favorite hilt within my budget is out of stock (Dark Sentinel LE), and we decided on something to tide us over. I'm trying to not to think too much about my order (and failing... ah, well.) when it arrives it arrives, US must be a madhouse right now and I really appreciate their efforts.

Only thing is, I would have liked to know about the battery pack issues before placing my order on the 23rd, it's not a biggie, but discovering the problem by chance via the forum hasn't been the best surprise (that said, it's little more than one week before they get back in stock, hopefully).

My arsenal:

Dark Arbiter Obsidian V4 / Emerald
Stealth Dominix V4 in Arctic Blue

Spades
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #5399 on: January 29, 2016, 02:59:42 PM »

I'm waiting for two grab-bag sabers, just because my favorite hilt within my budget is out of stock (Dark Sentinel LE), and we decided on something to tide us over. I'm trying to not to think too much about my order (and failing... ah, well.) when it arrives it arrives, US must be a madhouse right now and I really appreciate their efforts.

Only thing is, I would have liked to know about the battery pack issues before placing my order on the 23rd, it's not a biggie, but discovering the problem by chance via the forum hasn't been the best surprise (that said, it's little more than one week before they get back in stock, hopefully).

yeah totally sucks. I know! I am sure that the staff will be addressing issues like this as soon as time permits. but until then we are all just ******

Pages: 1 ... 358 359 [360] 361 362 ... 915   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: