Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 512 513 [514] 515 516 ... 915   Go Down
Author Topic: (im)Patiently waiting for my new _______!!!  (Read 2161646 times)
Jediseth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 828

"If I told you, you wouldn't like it." Han Solo

« Reply #7695 on: March 06, 2017, 09:49:27 PM »

IT'S HERE!!!

My Emperor's Hand has arrived. Grin

I ordered it with black everything - even the covertec - and in DVA with white FoC.

If you look closely; however, you'll notice that it's an empty hilt.  That's right - I'm doing the install myself on this one, so no "lit-up" pics yet...

It just arrived, but upon first inspection it's absolutely gorgeous.  The emitter is extremely solid, and I don't think that the pommel could have a lower profile.

I'm very excited about this saber.  I imagine it will be one of my favourites.

I fully intend to do this beautiful hilt justice with my install, but it's my first at bat, so I won't rush it.

At it then...

Good luck on the installation, can't wait to see how it turns out. 

Guardian : GB, FOC Red, V4, 11-15                        Reaper: V4, BR, 4-17
Chosen One CE : Emerald, V4, 12-15
Consular: Emerald V4, 1-16
Manticore: BR, FOC Orange, QD, V4, 11-16
Monarch: Emerald, V4, 2016 Autumn Raffle -1st
Arbiter: V4, SD, Silver FOC, QD, 3-17
Archon V2.1, Diamond, 4-17

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #7696 on: March 07, 2017, 07:21:08 AM »

Thanks guys.

I can wait to start.  I'm presently just studying the wiring diagram, and building it in my head for the millionth time...lol

haz: For sure m'man. Smiley

I actually took the act box off to add the switch.  Wow!  You can actually use the nut!

The tapped holes on the handle do indeed go right through, but the screws are well counter sunk - there are a few burs though...

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #7697 on: March 07, 2017, 02:04:43 PM »

Points, Rapine thanks so much!  One more request, lol - the side view of the hilt of the switch hole with the act box removed?  Grin

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #7698 on: March 07, 2017, 02:16:25 PM »

LOL @ haz.

standby...

Here's a couple of comparison pics while you wait.
The EH emitter and the Manticore emitter:

The EH pommel and the Dark Menace pommel:

...and for haz:

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

hazard502
Knight Commander

« Reply #7699 on: March 07, 2017, 02:29:14 PM »

Aha!  You're the best Rapine and more points coming later today! 

That EH pommel is redonk for how small it is and I'm surprised how clean the body looks under the act box, but that'd prob change after using the saber for some time. 

I'm picturing the square box on the Graflex for a more moving accurate look - oh to have the funds, lol Cheesy

shade_1313
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 766

« Reply #7700 on: March 07, 2017, 02:59:46 PM »

Aha!  You're the best Rapine and more points coming later today! 

That EH pommel is redonk for how small it is and I'm surprised how clean the body looks under the act box, but that'd prob change after using the saber for some time. 

I'm picturing the square box on the Graflex for a more moving accurate look - oh to have the funds, lol Cheesy

I haven't checked yet, but based on the uniformity of screw and AV switch hole spacing between the Graflex and the Fulcrum, it should fit...BUT there is a caveat.  The diameter of the EH body is significantly smaller than the Graflex sleeve, so it would not conform to the shape without recontouring the inner, concave surface of the Graflex activation box.

hazard502
Knight Commander

« Reply #7701 on: March 07, 2017, 06:00:33 PM »

Thank you for pointing that out, shade - hadn't thought of that aspect.

An interesting idea is that the lines on the EH box could loosely resemble a data card.

Not sure proportionally if it'd be a win or not.

Galactic Overlord
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 29

« Reply #7702 on: March 07, 2017, 07:36:34 PM »

Well, my saber SHOULD have been here half an hour ago, but the courier they sent is less competent at his job than most pizza delivery drivers.

So now I'm waiting for sometime later today with an apology for the mixup. Apparently actually knowing how to operate an intercom isn't part of the job description for couriers working in a city full of apartment buildings. It would be less frustrating if I hadn't literally spent 3 years ramming this into another courier company before they realised it's actually relevant to their jobs to actually be able to do their jobs.
This is why I always wait outside when ultrasaber delivery time approaches. From past experiences, I just don't trust the delivery guys to do their jobs when a signature is needed. Not when I'm this eager to receive my new toy. Grin

The longest days of my life were the days between ordering and receiving my ultrasabers. Cheesy

LordVader0418
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -9

« Reply #7703 on: March 08, 2017, 12:56:34 AM »

My 4th lightsaber. First 3 were grabbags (Liberator V3 and Aeon LE V2) and a Chosen One CE. This one is a grabbag in DVA. I'm really hoping it's a V3 or later so I can potentially add an extension or pommel of choice.

bigBear
Council Elder of Shenanigans
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1538

a true warrior fights to protect

« Reply #7704 on: March 08, 2017, 08:17:38 AM »

just waiting on a blaster I ordered from etsy a couple weeks ago. hoping it comes in this week.

who's scruffy looking?
own: Dominix V4 GB, Sentinel V4 sunrider's, Aprentice LE V4 VA X2 (staff). Liberator SY, dark SI AB, dark initiate LE CG, dark initiate BR, dark apprentice LE AS and FO stunts. dark Sentinel LE in FO OB lite sound Malice w/ V4 sound, Emerald. Crimson curved Reaper AS OB lite. Diamond Raven, Chosen One V4 sound, emerald, Consular CG, V4 sound.

MaskofMany
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: -151

All your sabers are belong to us...

« Reply #7705 on: March 08, 2017, 03:52:56 PM »

Just got the word that my Sentinel Yellow Grab Bag saber will arrive today.  What blows is that I am working until Midnight tonight (it's 10am now - guh), so I'll be waiting.  It's my first Grab Bag saber - excited to see what they threw my way, especially since I had a dream this morning, and among a variety of other weird things happening in said dream, the saber showed up, but the hilt was 1/2" wide, with a blade like a very long drinking straw.  lol

Also, joining Team Sentinel Yellow, so there's that.

Dark Side Points Please Smiley

shade_1313
Knight Commander

« Reply #7706 on: March 08, 2017, 05:32:13 PM »

I am hoping that my current order (Empty Lost Gray, grab bag blades, and a grab bag saber) will be at the FedEx store and ready for pickup by the time I get out of my last class today, so I can pick them up on the way home.

I have a big paper deadline tomorrow night, though, so I doubt I'll be posting any pictures of the stripped Lost Gray before Friday.

shade_1313
Knight Commander

« Reply #7707 on: March 09, 2017, 06:29:45 AM »

Yay, my order got here in a timely manner.

Grab bag blades were two midgrades, two heavy.  Two were UE, two were not, I don't quite recall how they broke down in exact combination, but I think it was one UEHG, one UEMG, etc.  One was a 32" pointy tip (the HG clear tube), the others were 36" round tips.  Blades were in great shape, the pointy tipped one didn't even have a divot in it where a retention screw had ever been.  That one went into my Grab Bag saber for this order, an Apprentice V4 with windows in FO.

And now I'll have an empty Lost Gray to strip, photo for reference of all the other DIY builders and modders...but that won't be til later this weekend.

MaskofMany
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: -151

All your sabers are belong to us...

« Reply #7708 on: March 09, 2017, 10:16:00 AM »

Got my first Grab Bag saber this evening - the only thing I chose on it was Sentinel Yellow as the color, and The good folks at US put that into a Dark Sentinel LE v4.  Couldn't be happier, and I'm digging on the yellow LED - it's pretty awesome.  Also got a pack of Roscolux filters in the mail today, so I'll be playing with tweaking the colors for weeks.

Anyone else ever get immediately addicted to the Grab Bag saber option? lol

Dark Side Points Please Smiley

Shalateaus
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: -20

Outer Rim between Hoth and Dromund -Kaas

« Reply #7709 on: March 09, 2017, 06:22:35 PM »

Me too I treated myself to Emperor's hand I'll be going from memory emerald saber no sound (don't care for sound effects) Emerald green pulse Dark Violet Amethyst all the standard options like slanted activation box except the pommel is gonna be a renegade CE small I lived the look of it didn't specify the wheel color it was pictured yellow hope that's standard anyways it's my first emerald saber post ASAP

Knickel Plated Redemption SS (Vengeance), Emperor's Hand Emerald Green with DVA Pulse,Overlord SS EG ,Dark Arbiter DVA,sentinel le,Dark Standard issue

Pages: 1 ... 512 513 [514] 515 516 ... 915   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: