Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 743 744 [745] 746 747 ... 915   Go Down
Author Topic: (im)Patiently waiting for my new _______!!!  (Read 2142995 times)
DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -294

Dark Side points preferred when earned, thx.

« Reply #11160 on: June 23, 2020, 01:24:44 PM »

I do recall a "rush" option at checkout. So, it shouldn't come as a surprise that people that paid the rush fee get their order ahead of people that did not.

Owned :
* Black Empress Emerald, Fire Orange with Pyrestone Orange FOC
* Spectre Emerald, Sentinel Yellow Adegan Silver FOC
* Guardian GB nickel plated shroud AB FOC
* Initiate LEV5 Blazing red/red illuminated AVswitch
* Dark Initiate LEV5 SRD/green illuminated AVswitch
* Emperor's Hand BVA/VA BH FOC
* 2 x windowed initiate v4 (silver + red)
* Liberator v3 arctic blue
* Dark sentinel LEV5 yellow / Sentinel LEV5 VA
* Dominix VA
* Fallen Azur, LE and Crimson pixel
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

SavyPirate
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #11161 on: June 23, 2020, 01:34:41 PM »

I do recall a "rush" option at checkout. So, it shouldn't come as a surprise that people that paid the rush fee get their order ahead of people that did not.

I was fine with the lead time when i ordered it but thats 2 weeks passed with no info and just because you pay the "rush" fee doesn't mean you'll get it any sooner.

lxromero
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #11162 on: June 23, 2020, 01:44:53 PM »

Rush options typically don't affect production time. It's a shipping thing instead. So you could have a rush order but it doesn't mean you'll get it produced any sooner if the lead time is 5-7 weeks.

SavyPirate
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #11163 on: June 23, 2020, 01:59:48 PM »

Rush options typically don't affect production time. It's a shipping thing instead. So you could have a rush order but it doesn't mean you'll get it produced any sooner if the lead time is 5-7 weeks.
That's what I thought also.

Galef
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 209

Light side preferred, Dark side accepted

« Reply #11164 on: June 23, 2020, 02:21:59 PM »

Right, the rush option doesn't put you at the front of the line, it just expedites shipping once complete.

What's more likely happening is that thier MB stock is depleted and there's now a long line of orders that US has to fill per order. So MBs are likely not "ready to ship" anymore because once they build a few, they're gone.

Logically, bigger orders have a higher likelihood of being delayed due to a parts shortage.
It doesn't matter if you spent more $$$, if a part/hilt needed to complete a single one of your sabers is out, your whole order is "pended" while waiting for that part or parts.
So US will move onto the next order if it can be completed.

THAT is most likely why orders seem to be shipping out of sequence.

That's also why the last few orders I've placed were 1 saber each order. That way a delay on a single saber doesn't hold up my others.

-

Caspien
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 19

« Reply #11165 on: June 23, 2020, 02:51:15 PM »

Right, the rush option doesn't put you at the front of the line, it just expedites shipping once complete.

What's more likely happening is that thier MB stock is depleted and there's now a long line of orders that US has to fill per order. So MBs are likely not "ready to ship" anymore because once they build a few, they're gone.

Logically, bigger orders have a higher likelihood of being delayed due to a parts shortage.
It doesn't matter if you spent more $$$, if a part/hilt needed to complete a single one of your sabers is out, your whole order is "pended" while waiting for that part or parts.
So US will move onto the next order if it can be completed.

THAT is most likely why orders seem to be shipping out of sequence.

-

.. and yet, as has been pointed out.. people who ordered during the Spring Giveaway, are receiving their orders (with mystery boxes) before those that ordered mystery boxes, days and weeks before the Spring Giveaway even started.

THAT is the ONLY reason I have any concern/frustration. When you see unboxing videos of people who ordered AFTER those who were already waiting, receiving the EXACT product the original people paid for.

Now, if we are talking 2 different orders.. then so be it.. makes sense.. maybe a part for a hilt is out of stock, maybe a certain LED combination.. sound board.. etc.. But a mystery box, is literally just that.. while they may produce 2 very different sabers, the expectation is the same product... a blind purchase of a random saber.

I've attempted, with no real success, to find out why some orders, that are exactly the same, haven't been filled.. and yet, others have. Is it a blade length difference in the mystery box order? The fact that someone ordered plugs, and others didn't?  Literally, other than the blade type and plugs or not.. that's the only real explanation I have for why a later order would be bumped.

I'm still baffled just trying to comprehend HOW/WHY that has been happening. I have a few theories (and the 'Customer B spent more than Customer A', is one of them), but am keeping most to myself.

~ Casp

Caspien
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 19

« Reply #11166 on: June 23, 2020, 02:55:48 PM »

No, trust me, that's not how they're doing things. I'll leave it at that.

Honestly, if you have some insight.. please let some of us know. Not knowing the logic is partially why so many of us are losing our minds.

(insert meme of Heath Ledger as the joker)

I'm one of those types, if a logical explanation is given, my brain stops running in an endless 'If then else' loop.

... or for those of you who learned 'Basic', this is what my brain does, when there isn't a 'why' given":

5 Print "What's the logic?!?!?"
10 Goto 5

... and that's what goes on in my head Wink (Yes.. I have OCD issues.. leave me alone ;p

~ Casp

Jedi_Phoenix
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 223

Light side points preferred if I earn them....

« Reply #11167 on: June 23, 2020, 03:10:18 PM »

Honestly, if you have some insight.. please let some of us know. Not knowing the logic is partially why so many of us are losing our minds.

(insert meme of Heath Ledger as the joker)

I'm one of those types, if a logical explanation is given, my brain stops running in an endless 'If then else' loop.

... or for those of you who learned 'Basic', this is what my brain does, when there isn't a 'why' given":

5 Print "What's the logic?!?!?"
10 Goto 5

... and that's what goes on in my head Wink (Yes.. I have OCD issues.. leave me alone ;p

~ Casp

No insight at all, I'm just speaking as someone who laid out a pretty large chunk of change for my order (ordering for 5 people) and if your theory was true, I'd have received my order some time ago.  Instead, I'm playing the waiting game the same as everyone else.   And if playing the waiting game means I get a flawless 5-star order, then I'll play. 

Doing the best I can with what I've got...

PERSONAL ARSENAL:
The Fallen - Tri-cree Silver
Initiate V2 - Guardian Blue
Apprentice V4 - Fire Orange
Apprentice LE V5 - Blazing Red
Shock - Consular Green
Frankensaber "Emerald Fury" - Consular Green w/ Silver flash
Emperor's Hand - Violet Amethyst w/ silver flash
The Guardian - Guardian Blue w/ silver flash

FAMILY SABERS:
Aeon LE v5 - Tri-cree Guardian Blue
Archon v2.1 - Tri-cree Consular Green
Savior - Violet Amethyst
Manticore - Tri-cree Blazing Red
Princess (golden) - Violet Amethyst

HesaHeart
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 55

Adapt.Improvise and Overcome

« Reply #11168 on: June 23, 2020, 03:18:16 PM »

now just cause im the curious type i did a little research on US now im not responsible for information being outdated

Ultra saber employs 9  full time people, has a 4,000 sqr ft building and generates aprox 1 mil in yearly gross sales all that being said they are a small operation . now dont get all up arms at that 1 mil a year number thats not what they put in thier pockets , I run a small company around same size and numbers and on average i cut 10% profit on a good year now each industry is different  basicly the owners make a decent living . Given such a niche company living and dieing on a movie franchise. hard to predict demand and plan for the future moves, do i expand, hire ,update my equipment, medical insurance etc etc . now throw in covid-19 situation, import issues it becomes a nightmare. Reps dealing with a  tech issues ( mail failure ) i dont envy them at all , they are not a fly by night operation as they have been around for a while as you can easily tell by the long term customers here on this board. So relax guys/gals  they are doing the best they can. Now of course  ( im going to be a smartass here ) drive down to their the place and help them for free .

( Light points when earned )

Various fan art and fiction
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?board=12.0

Own
 Dark Sentinel staff LE v4 - tri red

Wish list
Arbiter staff - blazing red-sound
Phantasm LE V4 staff - AS blade - stunt
Raven in staff setup - color ?? - stunt

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

« Reply #11169 on: June 23, 2020, 03:27:54 PM »

Hu then the rush option isn't that clear. I thought it rushed the whole order. Glad I didn't ticked the option x)

Owned :
* Dominix VA
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

SavyPirate
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #11170 on: June 23, 2020, 03:29:59 PM »

If you have a backlog of orders and continue sending out new advertisements with new deals while taking new orders then your never going to complete your backlog, your going to constantly be behind. On top of that, ignoring inquiring emails to peoples orders isn't going to help either. A Mystery Box can be any hilt, so theirs really no reason to say their out of stock for that item when their fulfilling many other orders that aren't mystery boxes.

Jedi_Phoenix
Knight Commander

« Reply #11171 on: June 23, 2020, 03:30:34 PM »

Hu then the rush option isn't that clear. I thought it rushed the whole order. Glad I didn't ticked the option x)

Nope, only the shipping.   I did the 7-10 day ground option from FedEx to try and save a little bit of money.  Wasn't comfortable using USPS as a delivery system for this haul.

PERSONAL ARSENAL:
Shock - Consular Green

FAMILY SABERS:
Savior - Violet Amethyst
Manticore - Tri-cree Blazing Red
Princess (golden) - Violet Amethyst

HesaHeart
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 55

Adapt.Improvise and Overcome

« Reply #11172 on: June 23, 2020, 03:40:04 PM »

I can also say this when i placed my order and this was for my first saber ever i offered to pay extra money for a fast turn around... they denied that request so that tells me that they are not money hungry cash grabbers

( Light points when earned )

Various fan art and fiction
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?board=12.0

Own
 Dark Sentinel staff LE v4 - tri red

Wish list
Arbiter staff - blazing red-sound
Phantasm LE V4 staff - AS blade - stunt
Raven in staff setup - color ?? - stunt

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

« Reply #11173 on: June 23, 2020, 03:52:41 PM »

I can also say this when i placed my order and this was for my first saber ever i offered to pay extra money for a fast turn around... they denied that request so that tells me that they are not money hungry cash grabbers
Never said they were =)

Owned :
* Dominix VA
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

Jedi_Phoenix
Knight Commander

« Reply #11174 on: June 23, 2020, 03:54:38 PM »

If you have a backlog of orders and continue sending out new advertisements with new deals while taking new orders then your never going to complete your backlog, your going to constantly be behind. On top of that, ignoring inquiring emails to peoples orders isn't going to help either. A Mystery Box can be any hilt, so theirs really no reason to say their out of stock for that item when their fulfilling many other orders that aren't mystery boxes.

Look....even under optimal perfect circumstances, there would be a backlog; maybe a week or two instead of several weeks or a month or two.  The difference here is, circumstances are anything but optimal.  Which results in the backlog they have now.  Stopping new orders from coming in so they can take care of the orders they've got...I don't think any business does that.  If US did, you think they're getting bad reviews now?  They'd get absolutely crucified if they pulled that stunt.

The email issue is a whole separate matter, and yes I'll agree that it is an issue.  The waiting time however....yes, it may suck, but that's  how it is.  The only thing they as a company, or any company can do, is work on taking care of orders as quickly as possible.   Putting a halt on new orders coming in is something that no business will ever do.  

PERSONAL ARSENAL:
Shock - Consular Green

FAMILY SABERS: