Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Color problem with my Violet Amethyst Aeon  (Read 2022 times)
Maitred
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: July 13, 2011, 03:29:38 AM »

Hi everyone! I just received my first saber (a Phantasm with a green and a violet blade) and I'm very happy with it. But it seems that the violet blade have some kind of colour problem :

As you can see, the colour starts off as a bluish violet and changes to a sort of pink right about the 1/3rd mark, unlike the green part which has a solid colour all the way from the tip of the blade to the hilt. I changed the batteries, tried brand new energizer alkaline and nothing changed. I also tried both blade on it to see if it wasn't the blade that came with the violet part that was damaged; no change either.

I don't have a extended knowledge of LEDs, but I also checked the LED, and I might have found what's wrong by comparing the two sabers : it seems that the lens is not fully covering the hole and that the LED itself is not centred. (I can take a picture of that if that would help).

Thanks for your answer in advance!

darth tratus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -241

« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2011, 03:38:00 AM »

idk if this is what ur looking for but heres the thread about problems with violet amethyst. i too have one but it works fine for me.
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=185.0

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2011, 05:35:33 AM »

I don't have a extended knowledge of LEDs, but I also checked the LED, and I might have found what's wrong by comparing the two sabers : it seems that the lens is not fully covering the hole and that the LED itself is not centred. (I can take a picture of that if that would help).

Pictures would help.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Maitred
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2011, 10:48:47 AM »

Yeah, I figured. I will post those pictures tonight, as soon as I get my hands on a better camera than what I have right know.

Ultra
Lord Commander
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1765

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2011, 11:55:37 AM »

There is no lens...   Roll Eyes

Taking pics is a waste of time since no one here can diagnose the problem and you can't fix an alignment problem yourself.  Email Emory.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2011, 09:44:25 PM »

There is no lens...   Roll Eyes

Taking pics is a waste of time since no one here can diagnose the problem and you can't fix an alignment problem yourself.  Email Emory.

I wasn't quite sure what he was talking about, is the only reason I asked for pics. lol.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: