Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Bellicose Emitter Mod  (Read 3949 times)
Seano
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: -229

« on: August 24, 2016, 10:44:06 AM »

Finally got round to modding the emitter for my Bellicose. I love the look of the sabre, but find the emitter end a bit dull, so decided to spruce it up a bit!

Had a spare Graflex red button and glass eye handy, so put them to good use.

Firstly, I removed the red button that came with the sabre, then tapped the screw hole to a 10/32 sized thread - unfortunately, the thread on the button doesn't go all the way to the top, so it wouldn't screw down all the way, so I Dremeled the bottom of the button flat, and hot glued the button in to the counter sunk hole where the original button was - it's in there solid, doesn't budge!

Next, I tapped the blade retention screw hole to a 10/32 thread, trimmed the thread of the glass eye down, and it holds the blade holder in place beautifully!

Since the definition of Bellicose is "demonstrating aggression and willingness to fight", I thought I'd keep the TRI Blazing Red MLS LED in for the pictures - hope you like!

Ramse Moade the Grey

Current Sabres - Graflex SE in GB & Obsidian V3, Shock in TRI BR (QD's) & Obsidian V3, Customised Dorinian with Diamond Controller, Dark Catalyst in Adegan Silver with Arctic Blue FOC and Obsidian V3 (Customisation WIP)

sedstiskyfaller
Artisan of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 617

Blue is my color, it is who I am

« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2016, 12:34:04 PM »

I really love this! It's a relatively simple mod that makes a big difference to the look of the emitter section of this saber. Have a point! +1

Headwounds
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -24

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2016, 10:20:20 PM »

The Graflex red button and glass eye look great on the Belicose. it of course helps that they already have a spot machined that works with them, you just need to drill and tap them for the larger screw. They can be used on others, but with the exception of the Graflex, Belicose, and the Malice (which all have a spot machined for ornamental buttons) they require extra work to make them look right.

My Sabers:                           My Girlfriends Sabers:
Scorpion with Sound             Crimson Scorpion with Sound
Aeon v3                                Aeon v3
Prophecy v3                         Dominix LE v4

Seano
Knight Templar

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2016, 04:25:30 AM »

Wanted to do some more mods to the Bellicose (now I'm back from Annual Leave), and just couldn't find a decent way to do some leather strip wrapping at the emitter end of the saber (a la Rahm Kota). When looking on Etsy for a Graflex Clamp for my Archon 3.1 (one day I'll find one!), I came across this -

So $13 Australian later, guess what's going on the emitter?!
Pics to follow, once it arrives!

Ramse Moade the Grey

Current Sabres - Graflex SE in GB & Obsidian V3, Shock in TRI BR (QD's) & Obsidian V3, Customised Dorinian with Diamond Controller, Dark Catalyst in Adegan Silver with Arctic Blue FOC and Obsidian V3 (Customisation WIP)

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2016, 11:39:52 AM »

Way to go Seano!

That looks great!  I really like how you make all of your hilts your own via modification.  The true spirit of ownership. Smiley

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

richmbailey
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 282

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2016, 08:18:29 PM »

Nice. I did the same with my Graflex SE.

Chosen One SE (BR) Obsidian v3 Sound
Dark Monarch - Ancient Mods with 3rd party sound
Bellicose (FO) Obsidian Sound
Graflex (GB) 3rd party sound
Flamberge (BR) Stunt
Dark Shock Hybrid (BR FoC FO) 3rd party sound
Consular (CG) Obsidian Sound

Seano
Knight Templar

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2016, 07:36:14 AM »

Finally, my Ahsoka Tano Bunny ear arrived, so have glued it to the emitter - once I figure out a more permanent way to attach it, I will, but, it's holding on for now!

Ramse Moade the Grey

Seano
Knight Templar

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2017, 10:47:39 AM »

One last mod to my bellicose (which I'm going to gift to my cousin), a Graflex Beer Tab for the red button, which I pop rivetted to the sabre. Can't find any of the actual flat top rivets that go with the beer tab, but the pop rivet works just as well. I also wrapped the handle in black leather, although it looks brown in the pics!

Although it looks like a scratch, it's actually just a bit of stringiness from the hot glue, which I used to keep the red button in the countersunk area

Ramse Moade the Grey

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2017, 11:10:23 AM »

Awesome Seano!

Your cousin is one lucky duck. Smiley

Coolness points for sure.

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Greywolf
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 100

Grey all the way ;)

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2017, 11:57:10 AM »

Nice mod, kudos!

Cake is a lie. There are only Cookies.
Through Cookies I gain Chocolate.
Through Chocolate I gain Energy.
Through Energy I gain Weight.
Through Weight my pants will burst.
The Force shall free me.

RevanReborn
Technomancer of the Graflex Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1086

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2017, 12:52:11 PM »

Wow, dude... how the heck did I miss ANOTHER one of your mods?!  This ones from way back too, and I never caught it.  Sorry man! 

And it's another one not to be missed- great work!  That's such a cool idea with the ahsoka tombstone and flex buttons etc.  Wow, your cuz is gonna be blown away Smiley

Jedi Khamon
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 3

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2017, 07:32:08 PM »

Looks great points givin! I'm a huge Bellacose fan and would have bought it if it wasn't on b.o. at the time.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2017, 01:26:54 AM »

Wow, that looks really good. I really like the Tano bunny ear on there. This whole thing looks awesome. Point.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2030

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2017, 02:33:01 AM »

Very sick for sure. Love the Ahsoka theme going on =] Can't wait to get me another Bellicose again. I might have to do a Graflex style mod myself Tongue

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Corwyn VonBeck
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -340

Grey Knight

« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2017, 06:51:08 PM »

Slick looking mods there Seano!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: