Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Dominix LE V5 Pommel in Dominix LE V2?  (Read 816 times)
BoxtheFox
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: June 29, 2020, 02:11:05 AM »

Hi there!

I was just wondering if there was any possibility I could purchase the Dominix LE V5 pommel and place it in my Dominix LE V2, I couldn’t find specifications on the size or threading differences.

Thanks so much!

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2020, 02:44:01 AM »

Nope.  V2 pommels are not MHS-compatible, while V3 and above are.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Galef
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 209

Light side preferred, Dark side accepted

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2020, 02:29:41 PM »

Is it possible? Yes. Will it be easy? Eh, depends on how capable you are at rigging stuff.

As Cyclops mentioned, V2s are not MHS compatible which means they are able to mix and match with the other 95% of US products.

However, it is possible to take an MHS pommel and somehow adhere it to the V2 pommel.
Personally, I'd just glue them together, then wrap a bunch of electric tape around the seam.
But I like doing stuff like that. Most people don't or don't seem to have confidence to try.

-

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2020, 03:40:11 PM »

But I like doing stuff like that. Most people don't or don't seem to have confidence to try.

-

Hey, leave my self-confidence issues out of this!  LOL

Seriously, though, that really is my problem with making custom modifications; you’re absolutely correct.  I remember my childhood attempts at arts and crafts, and I cringe at the thought of mangling a saber that looks so lovely as it is, that I deliberately ordered to be just the condition it is.  Perfection is the enemy of “good enough” in this case.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Sakura No Kaze
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -175

DS if I've earned a point.

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2020, 05:21:36 PM »

As Cyclops mentioned, V2s are not MHS compatible which means they are able to mix and match with the other 95% of US products.

I think you meant that they are NOT able to mix and match with 95% of the US products.

V2's are only compatible with other v2's.

V3, V4, V5, and other non-V are all compatible with each other.

Despite the name, the Archon v2.1 is NOT v2 compatible. However, it is compatible with the v3's, v4's, etc.

Give a person an answer to their question and they get your answer. Teach a person how to use the forum Search function, and they get everyone's answer.
---------------------------------------------------------------
"My battery is low and it's getting dark" ~Final message from the Mars Opportunity rover, after exceeding it's 90 day mission plan by 14+ years.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: