Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Author Topic: Lightsaber fighting techniques  (Read 14442 times)
Darth_Danton
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: -11

I have seen the future and I will rule it!

« on: March 06, 2012, 12:43:23 AM »

Someone needs to make a movie or instruction manual, on the different styles of Lightsaber dueling!

Luna
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 550

This land is peaceful, its inhabitants kind...

« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2012, 12:47:59 AM »

Someone needs to make a movie or instruction manual, on the different styles of Lightsaber dueling!

There are quite a few Wink Just look through the rest of this section and you'll see several videos and kata. Of course, I don't know of an actual manual, per se, but there's a lot of stuff out there. Someone should definitely make a definitive book though, preferably canon....

no

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2012, 01:38:07 PM »

Hmmm... a simple suggestion, and not entirely unheard of, but it definitely gets me thinking.  Perhaps this is something we should look into...

Master Lucien Kane
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 296

Jedi Knight of the Old Republic

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2012, 10:49:10 AM »

I am actually working on this.

Once I am done developing a sequence (kata) and a velocity (sparring drill) for each form I'm going to open up for submissions for sequences and velocities from various saber communities. The sequence or velocity will have to be approved before it is accepted, and I will consult with other martial artists/saber enthusiasts on the matter.

The goal is to eventually develop each form into it's own distinct form of martial art. After all this is how other forms of martial arts were created. We're just doing what they did, and we even have more information to go off of.

Aodhan
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2012, 07:01:55 PM »

I am bringing this thread back from the dead. I will be looking forward to your video or DVD, Lucien. I have searched in vain to find some sort of training video on using a saber. I studied Kenpo Karate, including sword and staff, but it is quite a bit different from Star Wars lightsaber forms. Unfortunately most of the Youtube videos are 30-60 seconds long, and almost entirely in the dark, so they aren't very helpful. Let us know when you have something ready to go! Thanks.

Stephen Strange
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -40

The Netherlands, The Hague

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2012, 08:48:57 PM »

I was doing my best gathering youtube video's of the ones I deemed serious martial artists and showing the diff forms in the right order.

But this is harder to do then it sounds...

I do have some basic lessons in Katana and over 4 years of Wing Chun Kung Fu including a large variety of asian weapons in small courses. I noticed many forms on youtube are crappy done.. and unclear.

I do realises we are (re)inventing a new martial arts here. And I love the idea. It would be great if we could get this on one line between the Jedi schools and masters.

¶█╬╬╬╬╬╬(o)█|{███████████████████████████████████████)

Dark War Glaive (BR, Dark Catalyst Pommel)
Guardian (GB, Dark War Glaive Pommel)
Bellicose (CG, Bronze)

Master Lucien Kane
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 296

Jedi Knight of the Old Republic

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2012, 03:06:10 AM »

I am bringing this thread back from the dead. I will be looking forward to your video or DVD, Lucien. I have searched in vain to find some sort of training video on using a saber. I studied Kenpo Karate, including sword and staff, but it is quite a bit different from Star Wars lightsaber forms. Unfortunately most of the Youtube videos are 30-60 seconds long, and almost entirely in the dark, so they aren't very helpful. Let us know when you have something ready to go! Thanks.

This will be offered for free... and it will be oon youtube... I may start making something cool that contains the tutorials, but you'd be paying for the cool thing that holds the manual.

The reason it will be free is because it will be made for the saber community, by the saber community.

Darth_Danton
Knight Arbiter

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2012, 03:38:38 AM »

Can't wait to see that!

Ander
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 56

SErvizio, CUra, RIspetto

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2012, 02:57:16 PM »

I believe, but I am not sure, that there will be something like that within the Forceclash project (meaning, there should eventually be clips of the athletes each training with his / her style). More soon.

Andrea Ungaro | Ander
LudoSport form I, II, III instructor

Dean - LudoSport Alpha - Ordine delle Onde
https://www.facebook.com/groups/lscagenova/

Why you should not learn fighting on Youtube: https://goo.gl/mhh9Ns

Darth_Danton
Knight Arbiter

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2012, 03:05:34 PM »

I have watched three of those fights and they are amazing and well put together!

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2012, 05:26:39 PM »

I believe, but I am not sure, that there will be something like that within the Forceclash project (meaning, there should eventually be clips of the athletes each training with his / her style). More soon.

That would be very interesting.  Those combatants seem to really mix in aspects of stage combat well, which is something I'm a bit unfamiliar with.

Darth_Danton
Knight Arbiter

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2012, 05:43:45 PM »

There seems to be a huge fan base over there in italy! Which is cool if you tried that kind of a thing over here half the crowd would be throwing stuff at you.

ZequarX
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 23

« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2012, 08:35:29 PM »

That will be awesome once all this takes off. Kudo's for trying to get something viral for this.

I would love to practice and get good at Form VII:

Form 7
The ultimate form of lightsaber combat which combines the raw strength of Form V with the graceful movement of Form IV. Only advanced Jedi masters such as Mace Windu can use this form effectively due to the huge emotions involvedin wielding it. Such is the emotional involvement that many Jedi refuse to study Form VII because it comes too close to the Dark Side of the force. Force assisted jumps and other movements feature heavily in Form VII as do series of sudden, seemingly unrelated, movements. A form VII practitioner will appear utterly calm on the surface but inside is a seething cauldron of emotions.

...Closer to the Dark Side because of it.. Eh I'll take my chances Smiley

When you give in to yourself and overcome you fears... The rest is easy- Sid Rigel

Light side points, please Smiley

"Dude I've been trying to get a hold of you all day."
"Oh, I'm sorry man, I was puttin up my Christmas tree!"
"Dude... it's July."
"Get the eff outta here?!?!"

Ander
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 56

SErvizio, CUra, RIspetto

« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2012, 11:17:48 PM »

My advice is to learn Shii-Cho first, which is good to learn control; then you can unleash your inner Jedi / Sith without risk with harder-to-control styles.
Returning to the above-discussed practice films, I have good reason to believe that something will be out soon. I will update when that happens.

Andrea Ungaro | Ander
LudoSport form I, II, III instructor

Dean - LudoSport Alpha - Ordine delle Onde
https://www.facebook.com/groups/lscagenova/

Why you should not learn fighting on Youtube: https://goo.gl/mhh9Ns

Darth_Danton
Knight Arbiter

« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2012, 11:42:04 PM »

I guess ill learn shii cho then!

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: