Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Forceclash (Lucasfilm) ShiiCho-Makashi-Soresu-others demo video  (Read 5085 times)
Ander
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 56

SErvizio, CUra, RIspetto

« on: April 14, 2012, 09:24:37 PM »

Ladies and Gentlemen, here is a training video fresh from the Forceclash website:

http://www.forceclash.com/images/fullscreen/StylesDemo.mov?width=640&height=360

Parries for Shii-Cho, Makashi, Soresu and more are shown.
Hopefully this will bring more fuel to the "how exactly is style X done" debate.
Have fun.

Andrea Ungaro | Ander
LudoSport form I, II, III instructor

Dean - LudoSport Alpha - Ordine delle Onde
https://www.facebook.com/groups/lscagenova/

Why you should not learn fighting on Youtube: https://goo.gl/mhh9Ns

Dave of the Sith
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -44

NO ONE GETS THE DROP ON THE MONARCH!!!

« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2012, 10:46:37 PM »

Cool find. They do a pretty decent job on most of the Forms and their choreo is awesome. If they're planning on putting out any training stuff however, I hope it's in English as my Italian is fairly weak.

Thanks for posting this!

War Glave Custom w/Quick Disconnect
Arbiter Custom now with Quick Disconnect
Blazing Red, Violet Amethyst, Arctic Blue
Twin Monarchs w/ Silver FoC and red AV
Blazing Red Silver finish
FEEL THE WRATH OF THE MONARCH!!
Episode III Sidious sound
Episode V sound
OBSIDIAN ALL THE WAY, BABY!

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2012, 11:04:29 PM »

Very cool Ander, thanks for the vid!  Personally I think those were pretty representative (at least of the Forms as I picture them).  It's a good idea too, I'll have to see if Artorius is willing to help me make something similar.

Master Uilos
Resident Master
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 121

Snark Jedi

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2012, 11:39:57 PM »

Very well done and very indicative of the forms. I kinda wanna take points off for the Obi/Ani spin in the Djem So section, but the way it was handled showed there was method in it and not showing off.

I'm more interested in the fact that LucasFilm is backing this. Hrrm

Pedantic Lightsaber Philosopher. Stage Combat Junkie. Cranky New York Street Mage.

Master of the Snark Side of the Force

Long Live The Fighters

Master Lucien Kane
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 296

Jedi Knight of the Old Republic

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2012, 12:03:43 AM »

I've been beat to the punch again! I guess that's what happens when you lose all of your hard work because of a computer crash in Iraq.... Blasts..... Oh well... back to work again.

They did a fairly good job... they represented the forms... I'm interested to see what they come out with in the future.

Stephen Strange
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -40

The Netherlands, The Hague

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2012, 08:18:07 AM »

Very nice indeed... !!!

This is why I like well developed forms... to show which techniques are used in which forms and how they are used.

I saw some Shii-cho movements I didn't see in General Suns form which are obviously Shii-cho none-deless. Need to build these into the form.

¶█╬╬╬╬╬╬(o)█|{███████████████████████████████████████)

Dark War Glaive (BR, Dark Catalyst Pommel)
Guardian (GB, Dark War Glaive Pommel)
Bellicose (CG, Bronze)

Ander
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 56

SErvizio, CUra, RIspetto

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2012, 11:17:27 AM »

@Dave: I don't know whether they are going to add more, but I have asked!

@Uilos: I can't really comment on the spin, as my experience is mostly on Shii-Cho, I have done a little of Makashi, and seen a bit of Soresu... Anything else is still way above me.
Re your comment on LF: as you might have read in the other thread, the actors of Forceclash come from the combat academy I attend; I know that our techniques were shown to Lucasfilm beforehand (the Masters said they believed that Lucas himself saw them, I don't really know) which gave its seal of approval, as you can see at the end of the movie. The production and direction were done internally, again, while Hasbro (which benefited from publicity) gave the prizes and sabers. I hope this satisfies your curiosity, AND I hope you can do something similar in the US... Just don't quote me, because I could have easily done some mistake in my explanation Cheesy

@Stephen: I suppose you refer to the two finishing parries. Shii-Cho as we do it has eight parries, two low, two medium, two high, plus two finishing. There are also more aggressive variants of the first six, which are used to close distance. But returning to the two finishing parries, they are both done against high, straight, overhead blows, and both are very difficult to do during real combat, unless the opponent is very committed to his blow; in the first case you do a high parry and use the momentum gained from the force of the hit to spin the blade around you, while you are moving to the side to do a diagonal killing blow; in the second case you move to the side, hit his blade in the weak part so he lowers his guard, and then finish with an horizontal cut. Especially the second is nearly impossible to do unless you are very quick. Hope that was helpful. I also hope they do one movie with the attacks!

Andrea Ungaro | Ander
LudoSport form I, II, III instructor

Dean - LudoSport Alpha - Ordine delle Onde
https://www.facebook.com/groups/lscagenova/

Why you should not learn fighting on Youtube: https://goo.gl/mhh9Ns

ZequarX
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 23

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2012, 09:15:34 PM »

These guys are pretty darn good!

The only thing is, is the Djem So duelist says his master is Qui-Gon...but wasn't Qui-Gon an Ataru user? Oh well, still good stuff.

When you give in to yourself and overcome you fears... The rest is easy- Sid Rigel

Light side points, please Smiley

"Dude I've been trying to get a hold of you all day."
"Oh, I'm sorry man, I was puttin up my Christmas tree!"
"Dude... it's July."
"Get the eff outta here?!?!"

Master Uilos
Resident Master
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 121

Snark Jedi

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2012, 10:24:08 PM »

These guys are pretty darn good!

The only thing is, is the Djem So duelist says his master is Qui-Gon...but wasn't Qui-Gon an Ataru user? Oh well, still good stuff.

Correct, Qui Gon used Ataru.

Pedantic Lightsaber Philosopher. Stage Combat Junkie. Cranky New York Street Mage.

Master of the Snark Side of the Force

Long Live The Fighters

Veldryne
The Second Chosen One
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 268

" Kind hearted jerk"

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2012, 01:19:32 PM »

i love the forceclash videos, always fun to watch

"Corellians... no wonder the other Jedi didn't want you leaving your system."
"The rest of you were just afraid we wouldn't leave anything for you to do after we were done."
Luke & Corran (I,J)

ZequarX
Knight Templar

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2012, 01:34:54 PM »

Correct, Qui Gon used Ataru.

Ok just making sure. It kinda threw me for a loop cuz it seemed that every duelist was matching their style up to a master specializing in that style. And the Ataru girl uses dual sabers, which if you want to go by SWTOR video game is correct. I think weilding 2 sabers for Ataru would be great, but I'm still partial to single-handed/two-handed combat Smiley

When you give in to yourself and overcome you fears... The rest is easy- Sid Rigel

"Dude... it's July."

Master Lucien Kane
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2012, 03:27:16 PM »

Yeah not every padawan takes after their master with regards to lightsaber forms.... Dooku utilized Makashi while Qui Gon chose to study Ataru... Kenobi studied Soresu, while Anakin chose Djem So.

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2012, 09:58:33 PM »

Yeah not every padawan takes after their master with regards to lightsaber forms.... Dooku utilized Makashi while Qui Gon chose to study Ataru... Kenobi studied Soresu, while Anakin chose Djem So.

It almost seems like their attempt at rebelling, going in the opposite direction from their master.  Dooku used the controlled Makashi, so Qui-Gon went with the brash and wild Ataru.  In response, Obi-Wan ended up with the very passive Soresu, which Anakin turned down in favor of the brutish Djem So.

ZequarX
Knight Templar

« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2012, 10:47:23 PM »

It almost seems like their attempt at rebelling, going in the opposite direction from their master.  Dooku used the controlled Makashi, so Qui-Gon went with the brash and wild Ataru.  In response, Obi-Wan ended up with the very passive Soresu, which Anakin turned down in favor of the brutish Djem So.

Noted Smiley I mean it makes sense..that's just the vibe I got from the website. Brutish Djem So..love it. A very nice way of putting that. Point. And point for LK for making me realize my "Duh" moment  Shocked

"Dude... it's July."

Master Lucien Kane
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2012, 10:53:33 PM »

Good point Master Attoru, that's why you get paid the big bucks! lol

Big Z... You don't mind if I call you Big Z do you? LOL We all have duh moments... it's not a big deal, that being said... I'm kind of a big deal.... People know me..... Master Yoda visits my house.... on occasion. lol

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: