Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: First Lockup effect after startup takes two button presses  (Read 2575 times)
crankfive
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -2

[Light side points appreciated]

« on: April 08, 2015, 10:10:00 PM »

I opted to post this here instead of the general "Technical" board, seeing as the Obsidian is what controls the lockup effect.

I've actually been experiencing this ever since I got my UltraSaber in mid-2013 and am just getting around to posting about it. It's not really a problem so much as a quirk I've learned to live with, but I wanted to see if anyone else had experienced this too.

For each time my saber is turned on, the first time activating Lockup takes two presses of the button. Turning off that Lockup effect and activating subsequent Lockups take just one press, as intended, but if I turn the saber off and back on, then the next Lockup will take two button presses again. Basically, just starting the first Lockup in each "session" of saber use takes the two presses.

Any thoughts or similar experiences? My configuration's in my signature if it's relevant to anyone reading.

"Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter!"

Setup:
Archon v2.1 w/ Sound, Consular Green, Silver FoC, Silver Illuminated AV switch, Li-Ion Setup w/ BuckPuck, No Recharge Port

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2015, 12:56:32 AM »

In Feb 2013 US released the Obsidian version 3 which had a few new features but mostly improvements over the version 2.  One of the changes in V3 was two button presses to activate lock-up after turning the saber on.  I believe there were requests to have this added from US fans and forum members because owners didn't like how easy it was to accidently turn on the lock-up effect when spinning or dueling.  This feature protects that from happening.  But if you want to use it, it's one extra button push away from being freed up.  Since the V3 release, every saber with sound has this feature.  All of my sabers with sound(5) have it as well, as they were all purchased mid-Feb 2013 and forward.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 01:04:52 AM by hazard502 » Logged

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

crankfive
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -2

[Light side points appreciated]

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2015, 03:20:39 AM »

Good to know. I was wondering if it was intentional, since it seemed so specific and repeatable of a thing to be considered a "glitch." Thank you for the info - have some light side points!

"Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter!"

Setup:
Archon v2.1 w/ Sound, Consular Green, Silver FoC, Silver Illuminated AV switch, Li-Ion Setup w/ BuckPuck, No Recharge Port

PabloDiablo
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -15

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2015, 02:04:57 AM »

Hmmm...and my assumption was that I wasn't pressing hard enough the first time. Makes sense now.

By my side I will show you vengeance.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: